Sugartree - to play or collect?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

I am wondering, for Sugartree owners, do you shoot with it or leave it in pristine collectible condition?

Thanks.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
They are players and meant for table time...Eric's feelings would be hurt if he knew his cues weren't being played. :)

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugartree - to play or collect?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Do both.

I don't understand not playing any such cue.

Any collector will tell you condition is everything. So just don't go around banging it on stuff.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does bluing on the shaft affect value? Even if cleaning it, do the processes around cleaning impact value?

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

I am wondering, for Sugartree owners, do you shoot with it or leave it in pristine collectible condition?

Thanks.

I have some very expensive cues and I use them all.
Later when/if I sell one I let the free market do its job on them.
That's the mentality I had when I buy the cues.
I wouldn't buy a car and not drive it or a guitar and not play it.

rw843

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugartree-to play or collect

Use grey or tan chalk,keep the blue off the cue.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use grey or tan chalk,keep the blue off the cue.
Rather than be the one botard that uses wierd chalk and has to be minful of its whereabouts all and every time he goes out...

Would it not be the best choice to use the cue as you normally would, with no concern for resale, tben get it refinished prior to selling? That ensures you get the best of both ends.

I have had a few closet queens that werent 'as new' after a few years in the dark.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugar

I don't own one but if I did I would use it.

Eric Crisp is one of the makers that I follow, mostly because I like his designs and reputable build quality. Expo is coming up hopefully there will be some there.

Anyway, Eric is fairly young compared to other cue-makers at his level. So hopefully he has many more cues to build in his future. He also is going to improve!

Play with it!

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the past month, I had my first opportunity to hit a few balls with a Sugartree cue. Definitely, play with it. Eric makes a really fine cue.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Eric, like most cue makers, would be unhappy if his cues were not getting regular playing time.

Scott

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wanted to try one, but I don't know of anyone here in Hawaii who has one.

I never buy a cue that I don't intend to play with.

Eric knows a lot about wood so I think his cues would have the finest wood available.

rheester

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
use em

i have 2. they play different from each other, but both hit great.

i thought about not using them, but they just hit so damn amazing.

gumpys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never owned one but have shot with my buddies. I thought the hit was great. I would never buy a cue that I did not intend on using. To each their own though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric is making some of the finest cues in the world today. If you can buy one I would suggest picking one up!:thumbup:

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm my opinion only the cues that are REALLY expensive are too nice to be played with... I don't think I could ever shoot with anything like a black boar, szamboti, or balabushka. Only because I know the price.