Rooms in or near Lake George?

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Staying in Lake George this weekend to play the horses in Saratoga during the day. I'd like to play pool in the evening. On the net it seems like King Smiley Billiards in Fort Edward is the closest. Anyone know of the place. Is it family friendly to bring my 12 yr old son? Any closer rooms. We went to a nice room in Albany last year but that's 60 miles from Lake George.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Timing...
...in the nineties, there was a room full of Gold Crowns in Lake George...
...but it was too big and too nice for the population base.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

Trick Shot Billiards in Clifton Spsrings is about twenty miles north of Albany. Nice room with Gandy Big "G"s. Not much else around. Understood a new room opened in Glens Falls. Might want to check it out.

The room PT's refering to suffered a mysterious fire and closed around 2000. Really nice room with great tables. Way, way too nice for the Glens Falls area. Some questions arose as to where the funding came from. Rumors, just rumors.

Lyn

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

Trick Shot Billiards in Clifton Spsrings is about twenty miles north of Albany. Nice room with Gandy Big "G"s. Not much else around. Understood a new room opened in Glens Falls. Might want to check it out.

The room PT's refering to suffered a mysterious fire and closed around 2000. Really nice room with great tables. Way, way too nice for the Glens Falls area. Some questions arose as to where the funding came from. Rumors, just rumors.

Lyn

That's Clifton Park where Trick Shot is.

The farther north you go, the more poolrooms are funded by selling illegal deer meat, hockey sticks, snow plows and smuggling. They had a poolroom in Ticonderoga and the sign said "closed most of the time, but open when we feel like it."

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Staying in Lake George this weekend to play the horses in Saratoga during the day. I'd like to play pool in the evening. On the net it seems like King Smiley Billiards in Fort Edward is the closest. Anyone know of the place. Is it family friendly to bring my 12 yr old son? Any closer rooms. We went to a nice room in Albany last year but that's 60 miles from Lake George.

I'm going too! For Travers day! Did you get a picnic table?

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ended up going to King Smiley's. A very rural area in the middle of nowhere, yet it was very nice. The staff was friendly and my kid and wife enjoyed themselves. Recommended.

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice room

King smileys is a nice room .....Family freindly...a bit smal though .....still nice ....Enjoy !