Brunswick GC1

canyon_creeper

Registered
Looking to buy my first table and I'm leaning toward a Brunswick Gold Crown (4.5'x9). I have a lead on an AR-6100 which I assume is a GC1. My question is two fold:

1) assuming the table is in good shape are there any issues/concerns with these tables that i should be aware of?

2) what should I expect to pay for a GC1 in good shape?

Thanks, Creep

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to buy my first table and I'm leaning toward a Brunswick Gold Crown (4.5'x9). I have a lead on an AR-6100 which I assume is a GC1. My question is two fold:

1) assuming the table is in good shape are there any issues/concerns with these tables that i should be aware of?

2) what should I expect to pay for a GC1 in good shape?

Thanks, Creep

Assuming the table meets your standards for condition, the main issue is cushion rubber. Are they original to the table and still playable? Only using the table can tell you but that will require a full set up unless you can play on it prior to purchase. If a change is desired, a sub-rail re-work will be necessary to do it right. Search our mechanics forum for sub-rail recalibration. Also, search the net for a copy of the GCI installation manual. Reviewing it will teach you a lot about the table and provide many details to inspect prior to purchase.
Prices will vary depending on condition, distance to move, new cloth and other necessary or desired work. The final price is pretty much your personal value assessment. I bought one about three years ago in amazing unrestored condition with the original cushions still quite playable. I am now considering replacing the rubber and having the pocket dimensions fixed to my preference. Both items can be addressed via the sub-rail re-work process. It is my second GCI owned, one I was very lucky to find.

Last edited:

canyon_creeper

Registered
Thanks Rikdee, I've been told that it still has the original hardware. Though it has been taken down and put up a few times. Thanks for the tip on looking at the manual.

Creep

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was me, Max price would be 500 if the table is in great shape. I would automatically assume it needs new rubber. I would ship the rails to one of three or four mechanics that can properly recalibrate the rails with new rubber. Depending on what game you play I'd have the rails extended for corners between 4 1/8 to 4 1/2 inches

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I saw your request for a mechanic, I live in Toppenish right now but will be moving up by Spokane at the end of March. 702-927-5689

Glen

canyon_creeper

Registered
Cool I'm in tri cities. I will be picking up a GC1 from Portland on Saturday. My really good friend says he has a top notch mechanic in Portland but he can't reach him. That's why I checked the directory.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Cool I'm in tri cities. I will be picking up a GC1 from Portland on Saturday. My really good friend says he has a top notch mechanic in Portland but he can't reach him. That's why I checked the directory.

If there WAS a top notch mechanic anywhere in Oregon the pool tables wouldn't be so screwed up down there, the GCS in the pool rooms are horrible....and that is the truth about the mechanics that work in that area.

canyon_creeper

Registered
If there WAS a top notch mechanic anywhere in Oregon the pool tables wouldn't be so screwed up down there, the GCS in the pool rooms are horrible....and that is the truth about the mechanics that work in that area.
Good thing I got a one owner table. 01616_8K3m1yZkOJe_600x450.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I downloaded your 8 page leveling instructions today... Pretty ironic.

Try to make sure the rails at least match, they should all have the same serial numbers on them....or you're going to get a Frankenstein someone is selling....claiming it's in good condition because they don't know jack.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Will do. Also, what would you charge to come and set it up?

It don't look like it has adjustable leg levelers on that table. I'm moving 4 tables on Friday so call me and we can talk about setting it up, has a lot to do with the condition of the table....the real condition, the one it's in after you pick it up...LOL

PS, that's not a one owner table I can tell you that right now, call me and I'll explain.

Last edited:

canyon_creeper

Registered
It don't look like it has adjustable leg levelers on that table. I'm moving 4 tables on Friday so call me and we can talk about setting it up, has a lot to do with the condition of the table....the real condition, the one it's in after you pick it up...LOL
You bet. Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Never mind, I'll say it here. The table has drop pockets and a plastic Brunswick name plate and short feet....which indicates the table was produced between 61'-63'....mechanics take the plastic skirting extensions off because they're a pain in the butt to take apart everytime the cloth gets changed....there's no plastic extensions mounted to those rail blinds, which is why you can see the bottom of the drop pocket. If it were a one owner table....where are they?

canyon_creeper

Registered
Never mind, I'll say it here. The table has drop pockets and a plastic Brunswick name plate and short feet....which indicates the table was produced between 61'-63'....mechanics take the plastic skirting extensions off because they're a pain in the butt to take apart everytime the cloth gets changed....there's no plastic extensions mounted to those rail blinds, which is why you can see the bottom of the drop pocket. If it were a one owner table....where are they?
I couldn't say. Here are some more pics to chew on.00606_buWRe9b8st6_600x450.jpg00e0e_kxZMERLnemM_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_h1IRu7SqajZ_600x450.jpg00g0g_43bNcAAImSF_600x450.jpg00u0u_2FAA9IVwu2X_600x450.jpg

canyon_creeper

Registered
01616_8K3m1yZkOJe_600x450.jpg00D0D_j59kjuHg61k_600x450.jpg01111_jVth575Ysrz_600x450.jpg00l0l_gAYsNY02xCO_600x450.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll get in touch with you next week. Thanks

Steve

Not trying to sell you anything, and not trying to turn you away from buying that table, but I am telling you....don't believe everything you're being told, in most cases it's more about the money than the table. The world is full of honest buyers, but not quite so many honest sellers.