2007 DCC - Celebrity 8 Ball Raffle

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
On the second Friday of DCC, we will have the second raffle drawing. Two lucky AZB'ers will be chosen to play in a Scotch Doubles 8 Ball match; each to be paired with a pro. Last year we had Jeanette Lee and Efren Reyes as the pro's. I will know soon who the pro's will be this year; and I will post it as soon as possible. The match will be Friday evening about 11 P.M. - I am not sure if it will be on the television table or in the AZB room. The match will be alternate shot 8-ball, and the winners will receive coaching from their celebrity partner - all heckling, chirping, woofing, and sharking is encouraged.

Tickets will be $20 apiece, with the bulk of the proceeds to go to the pro's (that's why they are called pro's) - and $50 apiece to the raffle winners. We will sell no more than 40 tickets - first come, first served (I'm going to buy several, don't biatch if I win). Money must be sent by mid-December. Please clearly mark that your money is for the "Celebrity 8 Ball Raffle" as Timberly wil be collecting money for 2 different raffles and for the playing donations for the room itself.

Send to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

P.S. - Here is a link describing the event we had last year - we will try to duplicate the experience this year:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=24440

Last edited:

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
On the second Friday of DCC, we will have the second raffle drawing. Two lucky AZB'ers will be chosen to play in a Scotch Doubles 8 Ball match; each to be paired with a pro. Last year we had Jeanette Lee and Efren Reyes as the pro's. I will know soon who the pro's will be this year; and I will post it as soon as possible. The match will be Friday evening about 11 P.M. - I am not sure if it will be on the television table or in the AZB room. The match will be alternate shot 8-ball, and the winners will receive coaching from their celebrity partner - all heckling, chirping, woofing, and sharking is encouraged.

Tickets will be $20 apiece, with the bulk of the proceeds to go to the pro's (that's why they are called pro's) - and $50 apiece to the raffle winners. We will sell no more than 40 tickets - first come, first served (I'm going to buy several, don't biatch if I win). Money must be sent by mid-December. Please clearly mark that your money is for the "Celebrity 8 Ball Raffle" as Timberly wil be collecting money for 2 different raffles and for the playing donations for the room itself.

Send to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

P.S. - Here is a link describing the event we had last year - we will try to duplicate the experience this year:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=24440

Nobody ever really wins these things, I would suggest nobody buy tickets for this scam.

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a little searching I found the picture of the "lucky" winners that was in BD.

Attachments

• dosentmatter.gif
    dosentmatter.gif
    97 KB · Views: 417

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mthornto said:
Wow, the two guys on the right are very ugly.

I disagree about that. Standing next to Willie makes you look like a million bucks;) .

I just noticed Ms. Lee is slack jawed in amazement watching Willie try to figure out what to do with a cue!

Attachments

• dosentmatter2.gif
    dosentmatter2.gif
    96.6 KB · Views: 399

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
breakup said:
I disagree about that. Standing next to Willie makes you look like a million bucks;) .

I just noticed Ms. Lee is slack jawed in amazement watching Willie try to figure out what to do with a cue!

breakdown,
Once again you are WRONG. I was just explaining the rules to the participants; offering a little encouragement to them (many pro's get a little nervous when competing against players of the stature of mthornto and myself); giving a few pointers as well to make it worth their time.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Latest news

Jeanette Lee has agreed to participate again this year. The second celebrity may be George Breedlove, or someone else - I will keep the forum updated as soon as we have a firm commitment.

P.S. - WARNING TO BREAKUP. I'm going to buy lots of raffle tickets for both events.