billiard torrent

will

Registered
anybody knows a site for billiard torrents. share please!!!! i noticed that torrent is the fastest file sharing tool there is.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's TONS better for large files (100+ MB) than anything else out there, including Direct Connect. I use www.suprnova.org to find files. But I rarely see pool files. The only thing I saw pool related was a maximum run for snooker a while ago.

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
I saw one for World Pool Vids a few weeks ago. I just Googled it again, but to no avail. :( For some reason pool vids are more popular on DC++. It would be sweet if one of the DCer's could start uploading the files as torrents too. (Hint, hint... :D )

Simone

Registered
There is a private billiards-related torrents tracker, which is located in Europe.
If someone would like to know the address, PM me.

There are not many torrents and users on it, but the tracker was started up just less than 2 months ago, and new users are wanted :)

Ctatyk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found a few matches/games/events using EDonkey or Shareaza2....
I have 3 different times that Ronnie O'Sullivan had a maximum break in Snooker...1999, 2001, and 2002...each was pure joy to watch...even the one where the commentary was in German.

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
RichardCranium said:
Why the DC++ or torrents..(not even sure what a torrent is)....What is wrong with Limewire????? There are never any pool vids on there....
What is Limewire?? Is that a P2P like Soulseek?? Personally I like torrents for larger files, such as videos. The download is much faster, especailly the more seeders you have. In DC++ and the P2P programs you (and others) are downloading off of one host, thus the DL can be time consuming. With torrents, not only are you downloading off the original seeder, but other downloaders as well, thus the DL is much faster. I only hope that the DC'ers will register and upload some of their files as torrents. It is really simple.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be lazy get DC++. You are lucky there is anywhere to get pool videos. It is illegal to download them you know.

pooljunkie73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landshark, Limewire and another program I use Ares, are alot like torrents in the fact that the download from multiple souces. I have gotten up to 400 KB download speeds from them, then again I have a 6 MB cable connection.

Kent

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
landshark77 said:
What is Limewire?? Is that a P2P like Soulseek?? Personally I like torrents for larger files, such as videos. The download is much faster, especailly the more seeders you have. In DC++ and the P2P programs you (and others) are downloading off of one host, thus the DL can be time consuming. With torrents, not only are you downloading off the original seeder, but other downloaders as well, thus the DL is much faster. I only hope that the DC'ers will register and upload some of their files as torrents. It is really simple.
I've been on that billiards tracker site. I see there's a bit accumulating there.
I just don't know how to work it. I've got over 90 gb I share using dc++ at interpool.dnsalias.com. Help me figure it out, please.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
Bittorrent is simple. All you need is a bittorrent client - I recommend Azureus:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Now just go to a torrent site and download the tiny torrent file for the file u want, the torrent opens in Azureus and starts downloading. Two good bittorrent sites are www.mininova.org and thepiratebay.org

To create your own files to upload, in Azureus, click file, create a torrent. Paste in the announce url which u get from the site you are uploading to and follow the instructions. when u have your torrent file uploaded make sure youve got it opened in Azureus so when people download the torrent you are connectable.

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
I've been on that billiards tracker site. I see there's a bit accumulating there.
I just don't know how to work it. I've got over 90 gb I share using dc++ at interpool.dnsalias.com. Help me figure it out, please.

It's funny because I've been using bit torrents for a while now but for the life of me I can't figure out DC++. I think I have to reconfigure my router or something to get DC++ to work.

As for BitTorrents...

From http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm:

It's amazing how quickly BitTorrent has become one of the major download formats. With good reason, too: it's fast, equitable and efficient. If you haven't yet installed a BitTorrent client on your PC, you should as there are some great free clients available. I recommend the Open Source program Azureus [1]. It's beautifully implemented, well supported and, being Java based, is available for multiple platforms. It's very feature rich and supports embedded tracker so you can host your own torrents, UPnP, a distributed decentralized database for decentralized torrents and DHT (Distributed Hash Table) which distributes indexing responsibility across multiple clients rather than relying on a single web-based tracker plus many other features too numerous to mention. There are also a lot of plug-ins available for Azureus including a competent RSS feed scanner. One downside with Azureus is that the Java code will eat up your CPU cycles so you need a reasonably fast PC. A good alternative is μTorrent [2] which comes in at a tiny 130KB. It's fast, lean on resources, easy to use and requires no installation. It formidable feature list includes trackerless downloads, multiple simultaneous downloads, multi-scrape, UPnP and has an inbuilt RSS reader which is an impressive achievement for such a tiny package . μTorrent is being enhanced so quickly that I suspect it will soon match or surpass Azureus.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
http://www.utorrent.com/

Both sites have guides and FAQs to get you started.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
BrooklynJay said:
It's funny because I've been using bit torrents for a while now but for the life of me I can't figure out DC++. I think I have to reconfigure my router or something to get DC++ to work.

As for BitTorrents...

From http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm:

It's amazing how quickly BitTorrent has become one of the major download formats. With good reason, too: it's fast, equitable and efficient. If you haven't yet installed a BitTorrent client on your PC, you should as there are some great free clients available. I recommend the Open Source program Azureus [1]. It's beautifully implemented, well supported and, being Java based, is available for multiple platforms. It's very feature rich and supports embedded tracker so you can host your own torrents, UPnP, a distributed decentralized database for decentralized torrents and DHT (Distributed Hash Table) which distributes indexing responsibility across multiple clients rather than relying on a single web-based tracker plus many other features too numerous to mention. There are also a lot of plug-ins available for Azureus including a competent RSS feed scanner. One downside with Azureus is that the Java code will eat up your CPU cycles so you need a reasonably fast PC. A good alternative is μTorrent [2] which comes in at a tiny 130KB. It's fast, lean on resources, easy to use and requires no installation. It formidable feature list includes trackerless downloads, multiple simultaneous downloads, multi-scrape, UPnP and has an inbuilt RSS reader which is an impressive achievement for such a tiny package . μTorrent is being enhanced so quickly that I suspect it will soon match or surpass Azureus.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
http://www.utorrent.com/

Both sites have guides and FAQs to get you started.

i WENT TO AZERUS AND DOWNloaded it. then I went to the billiards torrents site and clicked one of the torrents. It asked me what I wanted to open with and I said azerus and saved as an azerus torrent. It appears to be downloading something. Is that how you do it?

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
i WENT TO AZERUS AND DOWNloaded it. then I went to the billiards torrents site and clicked one of the torrents. It asked me what I wanted to open with and I said azerus and saved as an azerus torrent. It appears to be downloading something. Is that how you do it?
Yes, that sounds about right in the most basic sense.

There's lots of tweaks and things get slightly more complicated when you want to upload (seed) new videos.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
BrooklynJay said:
Yes, that sounds about right in the most basic sense.

There's lots of tweaks and things get slightly more complicated when you want to upload (seed) new videos.

Thanks. what's a typical dl speed?

I've got over 90 gb that I will want to figure out how to make available.

juanbond

Software Engineer
Silver Member
Yep, it's definitely down...

The site uses Dynamic DNS...so, most likely the PC that hosts the site is down or simply shut off. I'd expect it to be back up soon, unless the owner is on vacation and has no way to bring it back up.