Niel's vs SVB Race to 100?

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The threads about 10 ball, not straight pool. And there's no one on earth that can beat SVB at that game. There are players on the earth that can beat Niels playing straight pool.
And if your not interested in staking a player, why even chime in? Until you bet your cash your opinion is pointless.

My opinion is about the match-up, the game, not the cash, I let you care about the cash, I'm not.
OK you are right this time this thread is about 10-ball race to 100, so Shane is invicible playing 10-ball race to 100. Then what ? :rolleyes:
Sorry if this a little off-topic, I'm a strong believer that Shane is not all about the break comparing to those world elites, but after watching the world 9-ball championship and the China Open I realize that he's still behind some top pros in : mental toughness ( missing makable shots at important moments ), kick-safe, long-shot,etc, by just a vey very tiny margin but it's there the different... and I'm talking about top pro only, the only thing that made him come that far in the world championship is his break, god there was cosmo almost everytime after his break.
Everyone who watched the entire tounament should've agreed with me.
So my point is, yes playing race to 100 when you have the best 10-ball break in the world, where you know that one or two mistake will not make you lose the match ( this's a big thing because it take off a lot of pressure on the player ), Shane will come out on top against ANYBODY just because the format amplifies his strength and lessen his weakness.
BTW, it will be interesting to see a match-up 10-ball race to 100 with neutral racker and neutral breaker. Just to see who is better in all others aspects of the game besides the break.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My opinion is about the match-up, the game, not the cash, I let you care about the cash, I'm not.
OK you are right this time this thread is about 10-ball race to 100, so Shane is invicible playing 10-ball race to 100. Then what ? :rolleyes:
Sorry if this a little off-topic, I'm a strong believer that Shane is not all about the break comparing to those world elites, but after watching the world 9-ball championship and the China Open I realize that he's still behind some top pros in : mental toughness ( missing makable shots at important moments ), kick-safe, long-shot,etc, by just a vey very tiny margin but it's there the different... and I'm talking about top pro only, the only thing that made him come that far in the world championship is his break, god there was cosmo almost everytime after his break.
Everyone who watched the entire tounament should've agreed with me.
So my point is, yes playing race to 100 when you have the best 10-ball break in the world, where you know that one or two mistake will not make you lose the match ( this's a big thing because it take off a lot of pressure on the player ), Shane will come out on top against ANYBODY just because the format amplifies his strength and lessen his weakness.
BTW, it will be interesting to see a match-up 10-ball race to 100 with neutral racker and neutral breaker. Just to see who is better in all others aspects of the game besides the break.

ooooohhhh kay...... maybe you didn't buy the TAR matches where Shane put up packages including one 7 pack on 4" pockets. If you think any shot is "easy" on tables that tight then you have never played on one like that.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a pointless thread.

Who cares? Niels is world champion. He went there, made his way through a true international field and came out on top. People need to give credit where it's due and stop with the gaffy, "Shane beats anyone in his favourite game, favourite format, blah, blah, blah..." nonsense.

Absolutely spot on. The Shane versus Anybody Race to a 1000 and 50 ahead diatribe
just is becoming boring. Perhaps we could play a match that lasts until Christmas or 500 spectators are online whichever's first.
The thing is that Shane is No2 in the World Rankings and could be No1 if he forgot these pointless challenges and concentrated on his short game

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ooooohhhh kay...... maybe you didn't buy the TAR matches where Shane put up packages including one 7 pack on 4" pockets. If you think any shot is "easy" on tables that tight then you have never played on one like that.

So why Shane missed some "easy" shot on "big pocket" table then ? is it a prove of his "not-at-world-elite-level" mental toughness ?
Just another note, in asian they grew up playing 9-pt table with "a-little-more-more-than-one-ball" pocket, so the pocket side won't make any difference.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely spot on. The Shane versus Anybody Race to a 1000 and 50 ahead diatribe
just is becoming boring. Perhaps we could play a match that lasts until Christmas or 500 spectators are online whichever's first.
The thing is that Shane is No2 in the World Rankings and could be No1 if he forgot these pointless challenges and concentrated on his short game

Aw Doug! You're breaking bubbles, man! This is a Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, but Didn't(TM) thread.

:p
-Sean

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member

lmao. I could be the best at cutting my own grass if I practiced every day but I prefer to make 6-figures doing other things and let someone else cut it.

I'm quite certain Shane is fine with being the top money winner and best player in the world without being on top of a list of players that won't gamble with him because they know they can't win.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Let em play both- 10b and straight pool- then have a 3cushion tie breaker- no break or high run advantage there ;) for the record Neil's was due and I'm happy he pulled it. Svbs day will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Shane is phenomenal, no doubt about that.

Not sure why anyone would diminish Neil's accomplishments in the last couple years, though. He quietly goes about winning, a lot. No idea if he has even a remote interest in a long race but considering he is capable of lengthy runs of straight pool, his mental stamina is clearly there, too.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
In no way did I say anything negative about Niels or his great win at Qatar. In fact I said he could give Shane a run for his money and maybe MORE in a race to 100 10 ball winner breaks. Niels is a top all around player...no one trick pony. I have watched him play all games and IMO he is at the top of his game right now. I didn't say "big deal Niels won in Qatar, but can he beat Shane in a race to 100". And I thought I had trouble reading. Johnnyt

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
In no way did I say anything negative about Niels or his great win at Qatar. In fact I said he could give Shane a run for his money and maybe MORE in a race to 100 10 ball winner breaks. Niels is a top all around player...no one trick pony. I have watched him play all games and IMO he is at the top of his game right now. I didn't say "big deal Niels won in Qatar, but can he beat Shane in a race to 100". And I thought I had trouble reading. Johnnyt

Johnnyt: Indeed, which is why my post was not directed at you :)

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
So why Shane missed some "easy" shot on "big pocket" table then ? is it a prove of his "not-at-world-elite-level" mental toughness ?
Just another note, in asian they grew up playing 9-pt table with "a-little-more-more-than-one-ball" pocket, so the pocket side won't make any difference.

Maybe traveling half way around the world, into a much different time zone, thru long lay overs in flying there, trying to find something 'normal' to eat and then playing on a table that although has buckets is not a brand name he is accustomed to has something to do with it.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe traveling half way around the world, into a much different time zone, thru long lay overs in flying there, trying to find something 'normal' to eat and then playing on a table that although has buckets is not a brand name he is accustomed to has something to do with it.

He'd been in Asia for several weeks, and finding something "normal" to eat in rich Arab countries is relatively easy?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nonsense. In Asia there are some tight pocket tables and a lot of loose ones. I have been to Taiwan many times, lived in China for seven years and been to the Philippines twice.

All players miss and all Asian top players have missed shots on all types of tables.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't even know that id be able to bet on SVB in this match up.

I would not think if Neil's wanted to play on his own turf on a table of his liking it would be that hard to come up with a measly 10k to play Shane ,,
Someone should have his people call their people and make it happen:rolleyes: