Mr 600

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It would be a shame if he felt like he had to make it a completely unedited (and virtually unwatchable by anyone but a true 14.1 enthusiast and the handful of conspiracy theorists looking for a stray piece of cat hair on his sleeve falling onto a ball or concocting what they are sure must be happening every time JS or the rack man is between the camera and table).

But yes, I understand it really has to be that way, I guess he could tell stories or read poetry over the video of the table if he took a bathroom break.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to read the entire thread but I would buy a DVD of the 626. If there is no DVD I'd be disappointed.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to read the entire thread but I would buy a DVD of the 626. If there is no DVD I'd be disappointed.

Yeah so I’m curious...does John johan Schmidt have a DVD or some kind of dubbed over video ready to go right now? Like with his own commentary about the run.. a while back before he said he was holding back due to piracy reasons we were told it was taking so long because John was getting this ish ready. I’m just wondering if the commentary version is ready and waiting or if he never even did it

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t it be possible to incorporate BOTH versions of video on one disc or “set”?
Unedited raw footage for those who want -it-ALL , and the version that most mention wanting with commentary and such....
Best of both, and the only way I would be all that interested...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He can damn sure cut out all the time between racks devoted to racking the balls and taking breaks etc. Nothing happens on the table then anyway. The single object ball and cue ball remain in the same position, so why not. Add some commentary and you're good to go. We get to see all the shots uninterrupted and he gets to makes some money off his achievement. I'd be okay with such a DVD (it would be way shorter) and if some others don't approve they don't have to buy it.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Wouldn’t it be possible to incorporate BOTH versions of video on one disc or “set”?
Unedited raw footage for those who want -it-ALL , and the version that most mention wanting with commentary and such....
Yes, that is easily possible and the best plan if it's a DVD.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes he could do that, but I think the compression of the video to fit both versions on the same disc might effect quality. To have both and in good quality, you would have to step up to blue ray, or a double DVD set which would be a higher production cost.
The best would be the commentary dvd with streamlined good quality video. And then release the entire saga on YouTube for those that want the entire deal.
That’s the beauty of the kick starter campaign, that the money is already made before the DVD units are ordered/manufactured. Then when it’s released on YouTube, you don’t have to worry about views and delays in monetary compensation.

So far I’ve counted about 6 backers in this thread alone that would be ready for a $50 sponsorship tier dvd with commentary and autograph. Getting over $25,000 would seem reasonable at this rate. John if you are reading this, very possible to make this happen!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah so I’m curious...does John johan Schmidt have a DVD or some kind of dubbed over video ready to go right now? Like with his own commentary about the run.. a while back before he said he was holding back due to piracy reasons we were told it was taking so long because John was getting this ish ready. I’m just wondering if the commentary version is ready and waiting or if he never even did it

I'm not bashing John Schmidt and I can't understand why anybody is. I simply expressed my preference for a DVD. The problem with paying to view a video on a website is what happens when the website goes defunct?

I popped an accustats Efren DVD into the machine with Jay Helfert and Danny DiLiberto commenting just last week. With a DVD I own it and can watch it whenever I want. I don't own the website.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I'm not bashing John Schmidt and I can't understand why anybody is. I simply expressed my preference for a DVD. The problem with paying to view a video on a website is what happens when the website goes defunct?

I popped an accustats Efren DVD into the machine with Jay Helfert and Danny DiLiberto commenting just last week. With a DVD I own it and can watch it whenever I want. I don't own the website.

I’m not bashing either, just wondering. If I were to win some lottery and offer him 50k right now, could I watch his run with commentary and have dvds made

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How to pronounce the number

The late Prince (don't ask me what is his name) once changed his name to a symbol. Fans were left wondering how to pronounce his name.
If the high up pool authorities have apparently certified his record, can fans now refer to him as 626 ?
Or for time being until the video is released, should he be referred to as "626" , *626*

Since "626" or *626* are not fully pronounceable, below is a guide on how to pronounce them together with hand gestures. :thumbup:

1d1.jpg

1d2.jpg

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He can damn sure cut out all the time between racks devoted to racking the balls and taking breaks etc. Nothing happens on the table then anyway. The single object ball and cue ball remain in the same position, so why not. Add some commentary and you're good to go. We get to see all the shots uninterrupted and he gets to makes some money off his achievement. I'd be okay with such a DVD (it would be way shorter) and if some others don't approve they don't have to buy it.

I was watching Dr. Dave's Ghost video, in response to another thread. He just does a very fast fast-forward of the racking process. So about 30 seconds of real time takes about 5 seconds of video time.

That seems a natural solution insofar as Predator and JS care about internet skeptics. Those internet skeptics can then scrutinize the fast forward portions in super slow motion.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Qi24FE8FY&feature=youtu.be.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The longer this anticipation of a video of JS running 626 goes on the less interest people will have. The less money he will make. The iron has gone cold.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Exactly, I don't want to watch folks rack balls for hours on end. Just make the video and be done wit it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

People would say he had a bad break and simply replaced the cue ball and object ball to the same spots and broke again.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
People would say he had a bad break and simply replaced the cue ball and object ball to the same spots and broke again.

Actually, no, 97% would not say that. The other 3%, who cares if they think Aliens helped him make the balls. No biggie, it's a world record, and it's not going to change anytime soon. I would never chance something based on 3% feedback. I've had folks ask me to make red chalk... sorry, not going to ever happen just on general principle ;)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, no, 97% would not say that. The other 3%, who cares if they think Aliens helped him make the balls. No biggie, it's a world record, and it's not going to change anytime soon. I would never chance something based on 3% feedback. I've had folks ask me to make red chalk... sorry, not going to ever happen just on general principle ;)

Exactly and that 3% is the only percentage that doesn't matter.

I use to think it was jealousy but, I'm starting to think it may be a case of someone being a couple of cards short in their deck.

Jeff

EDIT:

Never mind, lol....I went and watched a couple videos of the naysayers. I'm back to thinking its jealousy........pure jealousy.

Then again, it could be both.

Jeff

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Extraordinary claims (626) require extraordinary evidence (unedited video)."
Carl Sagan

Lou Figueroa