Something must be missing on my GC IV..

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every once in a while, when shooting a ball into the side pockets, the ball will go into the pocket, and then fall out of the ball return rails and onto the floor. This happens on both side pockets whether you shoot soft or hard. I looked under the table and on the frame next to the ball return rail(gulley)
next to both side pockets are two screw holes. Is there something that is supposed to attach there to keep this from happening?

Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Every once in a while, when shooting a ball into the side pockets, the ball will go into the pocket, and then fall out of the ball return rails and onto the floor. This happens on both side pockets whether you shoot soft or hard. I looked under the table and on the frame next to the ball return rail(gulley)
next to both side pockets are two screw holes. Is there something that is supposed to attach there to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm......no, but your ball return may not be lined up correctly under the pocket liner which can cause the balls to drop out too.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Thanks

My thoughts would be to lay under the table and watch from underneath while someone shoots the balls into the side pocket, then you get the picture of just exactly how the balls are jumping the return track, then you'll have an idea as to how you can stop that from happening again.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you lie under the table be sure to be looking directly under the side pocket drop...but wear safety goggles! Just a little joke RKC. I know....I'm not funny. Mitch

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts would be to lay under the table and watch from underneath while someone shoots the balls into the side pocket, then you get the picture of just exactly how the balls are jumping the return track, then you'll have an idea as to how you can stop that from happening again.

Thanks! I just thought it was weird that next to the ball return rail, under both side pockets, there are 2 small screw holes in the frame where something was but is not there now. I bought it after a Steve Mizerak senior tournament years ago, all boxed up, and thought that maybe there were a couple of small pieces missing....I will watch under the table as soon as I find my goggles :)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I had the same problem with my GCI, maybe 1 out of 50 side pocket shots would roll over the gulley edge. It looked like if the ball went in at a certain speed and angle it would roll up over the side of gulley and fall on the floor. I tried adjusting the gulley with no luck because it happened so infrequently. I ended making a .042" thick aluminum walls about 6" long to along side the gulley where the ball drops and this fixed the problem.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
ball return is out of adjustment. years ago i think added a thin board to the blind or thick piece of carpet to the blind and that took up the gap on the slate blind area.

check your frame ive seen them installed backwards and they lower the ball return an inch to compensate and that creates a gap also

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ball return is out of adjustment. years ago i think added a thin board to the blind or thick piece of carpet to the blind and that took up the gap on the slate blind area.

check your frame ive seen them installed backwards and they lower the ball return an inch to compensate and that creates a gap also

I don't understand what the slate blind area is or what you are referring to that may be installed backwards. Could you dumb it down a little for me?....thanks!

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

He saying to put carpet between the apron and the ball chutes..
In my experience with the GC ball return, The ball hits the wire and bounces out.. Manipulate it/Aka pull the wires apart a little in the areas where the balls drop into...It's just thick wire dipped in plastic.
Where the boot is located dictates the alignment of the ball runs.

Rob.M

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The balls jump the track because they're not dropping straight down into the cent3r of the ball return wires. The return track is not lined up to receive the ball straight and because the ball don't fall centered out of the gully boot.