• Tonkin.jpg
    Tonkin.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 685

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi T

The Butt is segmented with no wrap. Crazy rings and oversized inlays. The inlays are not split across the rings. You got me on the JP's thing.
It is a monster of a stick.

Nick :)

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Personally I love that cue! From the looks of the shaft, it gets played...I like that too. Matt D.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Is that some kind of a non-removable joint protector?
For the player who wants some protection, but doesn't want the aggravation figuring out
what do do with the damn things.
Joint protectors take up a lot of precious table time, I understand.
I just have a special made box for all my joint protectors, never thought to have them
permanently installed in a 2-way configuration.

Nice

CElliottH18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that some kind of a non-removable joint protector?
For the player who wants some protection, but doesn't want the aggravation figuring out
what do do with the damn things.
Joint protectors take up a lot of precious table time, I understand.
I just have a special made box for all my joint protectors, never thought to have them
permanently installed in a 2-way configuration.

Nice

Also serves as a small cue extension :p

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jp ?

I really have no idea of what people are seeing as a joint protector. It's a stainless steel joint with black collar under it. The cue is very old though was build in 2005 was originally sold to a very good local friend who bought it as a gift for one of his sons.

By the way I have only build 4 cues with steel joints.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful work

I buy very few cues these days. I hit a few with the cue you made for Dean and thought it did just fine and that I just might bite on one sooner or later. Keep in mind I play with an 8 point Mike Cochran Custom Mike and Tim gave me.You do make a very solid hitting Cue. Pretty too boot. I am posative it will play like the special cue it was ment to be. With the Ivory maybe a $5,500.00. Cue plus or minus. Worth every cent. Problem being legally it is banned from production now. So the price would be mute.Your Anniversary cue is a knock out. Do you every build in green? And I love steel joints!
Lucky break for me!!

Best Regards,
Nick Serdula

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy very few cues these days. I hit a few with the cue you made for Dean and thought it did just fine and that I just might bite on one sooner or later. Keep in mind I play with an 8 point Mike Cochran Custom Mike and Tim gave me.You do make a very solid hitting Cue. Pretty too boot. I am posative it will play like the special cue it was ment to be. With the Ivory maybe a $5,500.00. Cue plus or minus. Worth every cent. Problem being legally it is banned from production now. So the price would be mute.Your Anniversary cue is a knock out. Do you every build in green? And I love steel joints!
Lucky break for me!!

Best Regards,
Nick Serdula

Nick, I am happy you ended up with cue it's been bouncing around from different owners for quite a while.
It's hard to say on value of my older cues not to many of them come up for sale to get a good feel for value.
Yes green is no problem, here are a few pictures of a green cue.
610_IMG_2832.JPG

610_IMG_2835.JPG

610_IMG_2852.JPG

610_IMG_2851.JPG

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Easy

Nick, I am happy you ended up with cue it's been bouncing around from different owners for quite a while.
It's hard to say on value of my older cues not to many of them come up for sale to get a good feel for value.
Yes green is no problem, here are a few pictures of a green cue.
View attachment 527335

View attachment 527336

View attachment 527337

View attachment 527338

If you built the Cue now using anything but Ivory current pricing would be $5500. This is no easy Cue to reproduce. I venture many man hours. That means this one could be sold legally 50% more than that with the now banned from production super large inlays in the pretty handle. Documented 15 years old too.
Thank you for your time and input.
Nick :)