History of Rich Cues

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been threads about Rich Cue aka Rich Q in the past and most either talked about Sol Rich or Abe Rich who eventually went out on his own.

Here is some additional information sent to me by the last owner of Rich Cue.

RICH CUE HISTORY
By Isaac Algaze

I was born February 15 1926 and raised through the depression years. I joined the navy in 1944 and went through the invasion of Italy and France.
In the 50s I opened a company called Family Billiard Parlour and sold billiard supplies.
I am the last owner of Rich Cue and I am still around living in Boynton Beach Florida and age 89 years.
I purchased the company from Sol Rich around 1970 when the factory was in Valley Stream New York. I moved it to Freeport Long Island and in 1980 sold it to Imperial Billiard Supplies with the intent for them to handle the sales and I would run the factory. “This did not happen”
I left Imperial and opened my own factory in the Dominican Republic and produced 2 piece cues and one piece cues. Samples were sent to Brunswick and they were very pleased with the product and informed me that they would be replacing other company cues to use only mine.
It took them four years to get rid of “the junk from TaiWan” and gave me an order for 3000 one piece cues. It was too late as I was already out of business and moving back to the USA.
I have in my possession some of the samples and some are with leather wrap.
I am living now in Boynton Beach Florida.
Sincerely,
Isaac Algaze

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich Cues

Thank you for adding to the history which I have posted on AZ and on Wikipedia. Saul Rich's shop was indeed on Hook Creek Boulevard in Valley Stream and not in Freeport (until Ike moved it) as several sources like the Blue Book have reported over the years.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich Cues

Thank you for this information.

I have been looking for information on this era of RICH cues and have had zero success finding anything.

If anyone has any catalogs or can direct me to them, I would be most grateful.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich Cue items

Hook Creek.jpgThese are from Saul Rich's shop, not to be confused with Abe Rich's shops in Miami and Miami Beach.

David Sorensen

My mint RICH CUE , INCREDIBLY STRAIGHT & pretty much unplayed & I’m guessing it’s 50 yrs old Brazilian Rosewood with MOP inlays….The last time this cue was played with was by “ JERSEY JOE CONESSA “ r.i.p. @ RACK’S POOL HALL IN SANFORD,FLORIDA early 2023 & he loved it 👍✌️😎🇺🇸🇳🇴🇺🇦

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited: