Tables Played Slow Last Night

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was hot and humid last night and some of the players blamed the humidity for the tables playing slow. The room is air condition but you could feel the humidity.
Can humidity slow down the table ?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
It was hot and humid last night and some of the players blamed the humidity for the tables playing slow. The room is air condition but you could feel the humidity.

Yes it does. I always try to get a table far from any doors but that doesn't always help when it's real bad

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bed slows down, rails get bouncy. I live in Ok. and deal with this all the time.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
AC Vents

Yes it does. I always try to get a table far from any doors but that doesn't always help when it's real bad

Another thing to watch out for is the location and direction of AC vents. When the air conditioning is running hard trying to keep up it can radically change the way a table plays. I played on a table that the AC hit one long rail and almost half of the end rails and the AC never stopped in the summer in that old room. It rapidly became my favorite gaff table with strangers.

Coming in and reading the room used to be more important with poor climate control and more issues with building configuration and table conditions. Doesn't seem to be as big a deal now.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So the moisture in the cloth slows the ball down, creates more friction.

Like someone already said....moisture equals slow bed and fast rails...
...and english doesn’t take as well off the rails...and wears out quick on the slow bed.

To play well on those conditions...think like a snooker play..stay around center ball...
.....and play more safeties