EMILY DUDDY Professional

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wilkie beat her on a table with boingy rails and older cloth. She does not play her best on equipment like that. I have a feeling everyone in this thread doesn’t have enough pool knowledge to even understand that

No Donnie, people on this thread have no idea slower cloth plays more difficult:rolleyes: She plays on world class equipment with new cloth a lot. Yeah we get it.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For example. A guy in my hometown I give the last 5 and the breaks to. I beat him 5 sets in a row on a diamond table that plays perfect. If we switched to a gold crown with boingy rails and gaffed pockets I would have no chance of beating him. This is the thing that Fargo doesn’t account for. Besides that I really like Fargo a lot.

No system will be able to account for tiny details in changes of equipment, I feel like you may not have enough pool knowledge to understand that.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For example. A guy in my hometown I give the last 5 and the breaks to. I beat him 5 sets in a row on a diamond table that plays perfect. If we switched to a gold crown with boingy rails and gaffed pockets I would have no chance of beating him. This is the thing that Fargo doesn’t account for. Besides that I really like Fargo a lot.

Back in the day I played a millionaire on a 6x12 Fleetwood giving 20 points..
...in 4 or 5 sessions best I did was break even once.
I played him twice on his own 6x12 Anniversary...gave him 35 points and robbed him...:smile:
He said he’d never play me on his own table again.

If you think of FargoRate as a rule of thumb it will help...
....if you’re looking for perfection, you’re on the wrong planet.

pt...thinks that if Carlot hired a guy to run his business, he’d go up to 800 Fargo...
....but it would cost him money over all

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think of FargoRate as a rule of thumb it will help...
....if you’re looking for perfection, you’re on the wrong planet.

pt...thinks that if Carlot hired a guy to run his business, he’d go up to 800 Fargo...
....but it would cost him money over all

Like you I believe he could get to 800 at a price:thumbup:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Efren beat her 3-2. And Wilkie crushed her. And Shane beat her their 7 sets more than the FargoRate predicted. I think if Mike listed two versions of Siming's rating, one only against women, and one only against men, they would be vastly different. PS, she is 795 now.

Anytime someone asks a Fargorate question about any two players, Mike will quickly bring up the entire match history about the two players in question, in spreadsheet format, and post it on here. But we have asked countless times for Siming's rating vs men only, and Simings rating vs women only (or both men and women combined), and get nothing. Its like when superman saves a cat up a tree, but then is nowhere to be found when the world is being blown up by the villain flavor of the month.

I don't remember being asked and holding out or anything like that. There is just not that much in there. There are just over 200 games here, and I get about 770. Without the Wilkie match it is 784. So that gives an idea of how sensitive it is to new information.

A performance rating based on 200 games is a third of the time going to be off from its long term value by more than 20 points.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 3.36.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 3.36.37 PM.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 218

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember being asked and holding out or anything like that. There is just not that much in there. There are just over 200 games here, and I get about 770. Without the Wilkie match it is 784. So that gives an idea of how sensitive it is to new information.

A performance rating based on 200 games is a third of the time going to be off from its long term value by more than 20 points.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, with a cherry on top!!!!

Could you also add the Efren match? It was a race to 3 10 ball exhibition, pre-announced, live streamed, and now on youtube. Efren won 3-2. June 4, 2018 is the video date, it may have been played a day or two before, unsure. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacfMRp8M3g&t=36s

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh, and what about all the Shane sets? I think there were 7 of them, they are on youtube, they were preannounced also. I don't have all of those scores handy, but I can dig for them.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

You are kind of a special case, Donny, as you tend to slow roll the ball much more than normal (for a top tier player), and as such, you generally choose to only play the majors against elite players, that allow you to do so. Those on Diamonds, as far as I can tell.

Basically, saying "I only play against the superpros on equipment that favors my game, but I can't beat an amateur giving up a huge(ly irrelevant) spot on equipment that might roll off an inch over the length of the table...", is NOT a prosecution of Fargorate.. It is a cold observation about YOUR specific game. Example? Orcollo most likely gives that same player the same spot on either table, and beats his brains out on either. Because he shoots with enough accuracy and power that the shot is rarely in doubt, whereas you might tend to shoot a little softer to open up the pocket. It is what it is...

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are kind of a special case, Donny, as you tend to slow roll the ball much more than normal (for a top tier player), and as such, you generally choose to only play the majors against elite players, that allow you to do so. Those on Diamonds, as far as I can tell.

Basically, saying "I only play against the superpros on equipment that favors my game, but I can't beat an amateur giving up a huge(ly irrelevant) spot on equipment that might roll off an inch over the length of the table...", is NOT a prosecution of Fargorate.. It is a cold observation about YOUR specific game. Example? Orcollo most likely gives that same player the same spot on either table, and beats his brains out on either. Because he shoots with enough accuracy and power that the shot is rarely in doubt, whereas you might tend to shoot a little softer to open up the pocket. It is what it is...

This is a nice story that belongs in the Fiction section. It’s very nice though.