Buddy's personal cue

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Picked this up in southern Indiana with a rack and 20 other cues and this was probably the best of them...and yes it was Buddy's cue....Buddy who I don't know but his name was on the case.Thought some of you might like the design.I don't know how old it is but I don't see it in any of the older catalogs. 907.jpg

903.jpg

904.jpg

908.jpg

906.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of cool. If you go to their site they have the old catalogs. You might find it.

Obviously not worth a lot. I know one guy that collects old Schmelke cues.

Thabks for showing it.:thumbup:

triley41395

Silver Member
Kind of cool. If you go to their site they have the old catalogs. You might find it.

Obviously not worth a lot. I know one guy that collects old Schmelke cues.

Thabks for showing it.:thumbup:

Hey Chopdoc,If you happen the see that guy ask if he knows what model and aprox. year of this cue. BTW do you think the wood is cocobolo?

triley41395

Silver Member
That really is a cool old cue. Definitely has its own character.

Yea I thought it was pretty neat when I seen it , Didn't think it was worth a lot but definitely a little different .Just wrote Schmelke today to see if it was one of their production models or someone's custom paintjob.

triley41395

Silver Member
Quick update

For anyone with a similar cue or just for anyone interested I contacted Schmelke and received some info. I did not realize the artwork was dated on the cue. I would like to
thank Schmelke cues customer service for being so quick to respond..Very profesional

sales@schmelkecue.com

Aug 30, 2018, 11:43 AM (2 days ago)

to me

Tom

I don’t believe the case is original with the cue but I couldn’t be sure, The cue is a custom bocote cue we did from a series that was hand painted by a local artist there may be a date on the picture wich would be the only way to semi date it for sure but I believe she painted these in early 90’ late 80’s at the time they retailted for I belive $150-$200. It is a very nice cue and very limited in production.

Thanks
David
Schmelke Cues

fhkjg.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool.

The case actually was very likely purchased with the cue I think, since the dates match up.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy was obviously a man of impeccable taste and enjoyed the finer things in life. Functional Art