Joe Rogan - "Pro pool players look down on bowlers"

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Yep that's his quote.

https://youtu.be/60zJHK6_LIg?t=196

I know he was saying in a half ass tongue and cheek kinda way, but I'm pretty sure bowlers are doing a lot better than pool players. Any comments, figures?

Anyway, King Pin was a classic comedy. Maybe we need a pool comedy?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ain't a pro pool player, but bowling is lame compared to pool in my opinion. Rather play me some darts

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rogan credibility took big hit after his boo boo nuthugging of Rousey proclaiming her pound for pound greatest fighter ever
But I agree with him on this. What he didn't say was pool players also do not get respect from most other sports including from snooker players :thumbup:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like his analogy of bowling to breaking the balls in pool.
We can have a break tournament, record balls made in 10 tries
Put Sardo to work

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rogan credibility took big hit after his boo boo nuthugging of Rousey proclaiming her pound for pound greatest fighter ever
But I agree with him on this. What he didn't say was pool players also do not get respect from most other sports including from snooker players :thumbup:

Don't forget that he cried when he was describing her "greatness"

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only ego dicks knock another's mans cup of tea...I am sure on the other end of things some see pool players as dumbos with a stick chasing a ball bent over something that looks like a dinner table with holes in it. ..

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I can't disagree with him. Yeah, I went bowling, only when my kid was younger... it was fun for him and his friends... nothing complicated, roll the ball, knock over a few pins, everyone has fun.

But, once he got older, we never saw the inside of a bowling alley again, ever :) But, if folks like it, hey, more power to them, better than sitting on the couch :)

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brings me to the thought, that everyone want the next 'The Hustler' movie made. Why not a Kingpin or Big Lebowski but for pool?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep that's his quote.

I know he was saying in a half ass tongue and cheek kinda way, but I'm pretty sure bowlers are doing a lot better than pool players. Any comments, figures?

I watched him say that the other day. His comments on the transitioning men competing against women in sports was spot on.

His podcast is a monster...with some segments reaching millions of views on various platforms.
I just wish he would volunteer and push pro pool more on his show--knowing that he is an avid player and big fan of the professional players.
I was waiting for him to say anything about the US Open--any exposure would help especially with his audience numbers.

Now just think if he entered and played in the tournament?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I watched him say that the other day. His comments on the transitioning men competing against women in sports was spot on.

His podcast is a monster...with some segments reaching millions of views on various platforms.
I just wish he would volunteer and push pro pool more on his show--knowing that he is an avid player and big fan of the professional players.
I was waiting for him to say anything about the US Open--any exposure would help especially with his audience numbers.

Now just think if he entered and played in the tournament?

Big Fan, you should hear what Joe thinks of Max Eberle:grin-square:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I don't really like bowling. However, knowing one of the best coaches in the world has taught me respect for the science and the coaching Methods employed there. They are at least a decade ahead of pool. They also have an actual pro tour in America. Where's the pool pro tour? Oh, that's right....All the promoters in pool are crooks, all the players are wannabe Hustlers who cannot wait to shoot themselves and the sport in the foot. In bowling they have rules and standards. If you show up to a tournament, you know what to expect. In pool you have to study the individual rules of each tournament like the Bible, to see what nonsense the maniac promoter managed to put in, or what God awful monstrosity of a table he elected to use.

Pools only hope is China. The Chinese know how to put together an event, and they respect talent and the sport. Nobody in Europe or especially the US takes the sport seriously, even the actual players and promoters. Every time they talk about the events it's like they're laughing under their breath. Then they Wonder why no one wants to invest! I can think of only a handful of pro pool players that I think could be marketable to a normal business. Even that's a stretch. nutcases, bums and crooks are hard to market to mainstream business people. The ones that somehow don't fall into these categories still manage to look like they belong in at least two of them or all three... Then you watch a Chinese 8 ball event, and Things don't look so bad. The players wear clothes that don't look like they're stolen off a corpse, they respect the game. Sponsors actually want to get behind them and they pay the players..We can't have that here in Europe, and not in the US either. Everyone currently in charge would have to retire or die, and the sport would need a hard reboot. Good Luck laughing at bowlers.

Last edited:

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can make a good living being a pro or top amateur bowler. Their money events are more organized and better funded. But watch some bowlers try to set up a money game or talk some good smack is painful to watch.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep that's his quote.

Joe Rogan is on a quest to expand his mind, which usually leads to eating out of dumpsters and thinking everyone is after you.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

She did seem unstoppable. Now we know no one in that sport is unstoppable-Still hard to figure how she was taking out the best they had in seconds and then gets killed 2x in a row. Im not even sure Holy Holm has a winning record-She really lost her first or 2nd fight but they gave it to her as she was a Dana Darling.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She did seem unstoppable. Now we know no one in that sport is unstoppable-Still hard to figure how she was taking out the best they had in seconds and then gets killed 2x in a row. Im not even sure Holy Holm has a winning record-She really lost her first or 2nd fight but they gave it to her as she was a Dana Darling.

Fame and fortune breed complacency.
At her height she wound up appearing in fast and furious 4 or 5 or whatever--just not training as hard as she was if you are waiting on set to act with vin diesel.
That's the way I explained it...also same reasoning I applied to Mike Tyson vs buster Douglas.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Respect is earned. What has pool done to gain respect?

This ?

giphy.gif

:D

couldn't resist

tenor.gif

All the promoters in pool are crooks, all the players are wannabe Hustlers who cannot wait to shoot themselves and the sport in the foot. In bowling they have rules and standards. If you show up to a tournament, you know what to expect. In pool you have to study the individual rules of each tournament like the Bible, to see what nonsense the maniac promoter managed to put in, or what God awful monstrosity of a table he elected to use.

Even that's a stretch. nutcases, bums and crooks are hard to market to mainstream business people. The ones that somehow don't fall into these categories still manage to look like they belong in at least two of them or all three... Then you watch a Chinese 8 ball event, and Things don't look so bad. The players wear clothes that don't look like they're stolen off a corpse, they respect the game.
Love the colorful descriptions though a bit exaggerated :thumbup:

She had limited tools in her arsenal. Her lack of striking skills were not exposed in her earlier matches in a sport where ground grappling skills is highly emphasised. She never adapted or improve her striking after her first loss. Real champions take a loss, regroup and adapt but she didn't :D

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In bowling they have rules and standards. If you show up to a tournament, you know what to expect. In pool you have to study the individual rules of each tournament like the Bible, to see what nonsense the maniac promoter managed to put in, or what God awful monstrosity of a table he elected to use.

I guess pool is like Nam.

GrizzledDisguisedBongo-small.gif