Texas 10 Ball Final

JohnInNH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the finals of the Texas open an incident occured that I want to comment on and that is when Dennis Orcullo was practicing his break an individual on the table next to his was annoyed by the amount of time that it took him to rack the balls and a TD was called in to ask him to speed it up, my question is why are the tables next to the finals table being used at this time? after this incident Dennis was constantly looking over his shoulder to see if he was interfering with them.

What happens at other venues during the finals of a tournament?

I felt bad for Dennis, was I wrong?

John

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the finals of the Texas open an incident occured that I want to comment on and that is when Dennis Orcullo was practicing his break an individual on the table next to his was annoyed by the amount of time that it took him to rack the balls and a TD was called in to ask him to speed it up, my question is why are the tables next to the finals table being used at this time? after this incident Dennis was constantly looking over his shoulder to see if he was interfering with them.

John

IMO, a tournament of that size/stature, should have the finals table undisturbed during play. IE, the tables on all possible sides, should be empty.

That is if you want to be doing things professionally. If not, fook it. Start karaoke and put bangers on all the tables next to the finals table. :thumbup:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, a tournament of that size/stature, should have the finals table undisturbed during play. IE, the tables on all possible sides, should be empty.

That is if you want to be doing things professionally. If not, fook it. Start karaoke and put bangers on all the tables next to the finals table. :thumbup:

I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

John

Thanx for reminding me about this....I logged in to catch the final...
...Robo vs Kiamco....it’s a scary thing when Dennis us going good and Warren couldn’t
buy a roll.....Dennis gets a skunk.

They cleared the other table for t hat match

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John

I am confused. Dennis won the finals. How was he practicing his break during the finals? Was this during the semifinals between Kiamco and Bustamante? I feel like more information is needed.

stevelomako

Try and jack this bitch.
Silver Member
I am confused. Dennis won the finals. How was he practicing his break during the finals? Was this during the semifinals between Kiamco and Bustamante? I feel like more information is needed.

It’s not funny if you don’t get the joke. 🤦🏻*♂️

stevelomako

Try and jack this bitch.
Silver Member
Dennis in the finals acting like he was just practicing his breaking and running out vs. Warren Kiamco.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running this tournament till Monday is absurd in my opinion. I understand the labor day tournament running till Monday but this one should not. Ridiculous.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running this tournament till Monday is absurd in my opinion. I understand the labor day tournament running till Monday but this one should not. Ridiculous.

Please expand. Not sure why you think a 100 player field playing 10 ball races to 7 on both sides should be completed in two days whereas same field playing 9 ball races to 9 on both sides is ok to be completed in three days?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please expand. Not sure why you think a 100 player field playing 10 ball races to 7 on both sides should be completed in two days whereas same field playing 9 ball races to 9 on both sides is ok to be completed in three days?

I don't think it is a big deal. Most of the folks that make it to the last day are not having to work on Monday anyway...holiday or not. The only way I see them doing it quicker would be to drop the ladies event and I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.

Last edited: