AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to transfer cash without charges
please send me a PM

I know nothing about these things but I am not happy with paypal
i can not even receive friends and family even though they assure us we should

ExWorter

Registered
I have been using transferwise.com for 2 years for all money payments/transfers. It's primary use is international transfers and because I live in Bangkok it suits me perfectly. I can transfer money from Australia to my Thai bank in a matter of minutes. You can also use it for domestic bank to bank transfers.

https://transferwise.com/us/blog/make-us-dollar-to-us-dollar-transfer

Initial setup is not so difficult and fees are much cheaper than paypal. Once set up with your bank details you then add the recipients bank details and away you go.

Shows real-time currency conversion and rates as you make transfers. There is also a phone app available.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do online banking, see what your own bank offers or promotes, on its own website.

I know bank of America has something and Wells Fargo offers something different.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
please send me a PM

So let me get this straight, you are not happy with paypal because they won't let you use a service for free, that they charge for? I am pretty sure this is how they make money. I am quite sure the money being sent to you is from you selling something. aka you are making money. Quite interesting.

TFT

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this straight, you are not happy with paypal because they won't let you use a service for free, that they charge for? I am pretty sure this is how they make money. I am quite sure the money being sent to you is from you selling something. aka you are making money. Quite interesting.

TFT

He's not the only one who has griped about PayPal...and not all gripes are about fees.

There are alternatives and what's wrong with exploring them? Competition leads to better products...some times!

All that said, PayPal is the king. I know whenever I get invited to join any other epay host, it is a no.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing wrong with Paypal if you know how to use it and the person sending you money knows how to use the gift/friends option. Maybe that's your problem, they're not tagging the money properly.

Otherwise, nearly all credit unions and major banks now have P2P apps and services nowadays.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing wrong with Paypal if you know how to use it and the person sending you money knows how to use the gift/friends option. Maybe that's your problem, they're not tagging the money properly.

Otherwise, nearly all credit unions and major banks now have P2P apps and services nowadays.

Friends and family isn't a good option for transactions that aren't between...friends and family.

As evidenced here too many times, that 3% fee PayPal talked for it's non friends/ family transactions provides protections to the buyer that- IMO- far exceed the 3% charge.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you want it for free than you or the guy on the other end get to take on the risk. that is how it works.
friends and family is risky as well and rightly so as both sides are out to cheat the paypal out of their commission. so neither side can be trusted to complete the deal honestly.
only free way is to write a check and no merchandise transfers until it clears.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

TFT
A number of people, including myself, over the years, has had a PayPal transaction as a seller, with a dishonest buyer who will make a bogus Chargeback claim to PayPal to get their money back that they’ve paid you for an item despite having received the item. As I recall, my experience is that PayPal immediately voids the transaction and removes the deposit from the seller’s account which is returned to the buyer, before even investigating the seller’s side of the story. The seller may never get compensated for their sale, even if they did nothing wrong other than doing business with a dishonest buyer. I don’t know if PayPal has improved this practice in recent years, but I’ve been burned a few times myself.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What problem are you having, specifically?

A good alternative is Venmo. I’m a landlord in my side job and my tenants have paid me that way for a few years. Never had any fee.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when friends try to send me money,my paypal account will not allow it

when we called them they said it would allow it
we tried it afterwards and it didn't allow it

why i don't know

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
when friends try to send me money,my paypal account will not allow it

when we called them they said it would allow it
we tried it afterwards and it didn't allow it

why i don't know

"you did not get it straight

it looks like you are ready to jump on me over nothing again

you are an unusual person,nice one day
not the next"

I did not "jump" on you. I merely asked some questions.
Stop acting like you are not trying to escape paying paypal fees for selling things. You can try to be evasive about the facts here, but, everyone knows what you would be using paypal for: SELLING CUES.

As someone else mentioned: Have them send a check and call it a day.

Paypal offers credit card processing as an add on to your current account.

Another option: You could also set up a SquareUP account and accept credit cards over the phone or swipe them with the convenient reader that plugs into your cell phone: https://squareup.com/us/en

Here are some other options(most of them charge a fee to):

Venmo.
Google Wallet. ...
Square Cash. ...
Chase QuickPay. ...
Bank of America. ...
ClearXchange. ...
Western Union.

The topic has been posted before and people were acting like they were "just trying to find a better service" I call Bull$h1t, people just don't wanna pay the fee's.

I sell high dollar items and tell my clients: A check is the best way and if you want to use a credit card, you have to pay the 3.5% fee Squareup charges me. I get it, I sell $5k+ pool tables to people all over the country and know the fees can be large. 99% of people just mail me a check...

TFT

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friends and family isn't a good option for transactions that aren't between...friends and family.

As evidenced here too many times, that 3% fee PayPal talked for it's non friends/ family transactions provides protections to the buyer that- IMO- far exceed the 3% charge.

I agree personally, but the OP is asking about avoiding the fees.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean: did you have PayPal working before, and just now it stopped? Or is it a brand new account? Send me your address I’ll PayPal you a dollar to see what happens.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do some buying and selling on fishing and boating forums and have gotten to where I only use Postal money order. Have never been stiffed on those forums. It's gotten to where, if I can see a back history of the person I will be dealing with, I just send the item out, and assume the payment will be arriving shortly. I suppose it may bite me some day. but life is too short to worry about it. Good bunch of people on these forums, differing political views, but all have the love of fishing, and value their reputation, or lack there of, if they were to stiff a forum member for a few dollars.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please send me a PM

Cash in a birthday card, sent through the regular U.S. mail.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'm sure it's a problem with PayPal and not you. They don't really have the whole sending money thing worked out.

Is it linked to a bank account, your Subway customer loyalty card or your library card?

Sent from the future.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dean: did you have PayPal working before, and just now it stopped? Or is it a brand new account? Send me your address I’ll PayPal you a dollar to see what happens.
Maybe the person buying a cue is trying to pay with a credit card. I think PayPal is going to be unwilling to eat the 2% or whatever they have to pay to Visa/Master Card/Amex to deliver that money.

But if they do.... My credit card gets airline miles. I'll just send myself $10,000,000 "family" and I can fly wherever I want for free. Even better would be cash back.

There was a similar scheme a while back with some kind of US coins -- maybe dollars? You could buy the coins from the Treasury and use a credit card because the coins were collectible and the Treasury figured they were never going to be circulated so it was all profit except the cost of minting the coins and the credit card fee. People caught onto this, bought great steaming piles of coins on their cash-back credit cards, cashed the coins in at the bank as soon as they got them, paid off their cards and bought more coins.