Predator Cloth Feedback?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'll be re-covering our tables in a few months. I'd assumed we'd be going with Simonis 860HR again, but a few customers have asked about this new Predator cloth that was used in a recent pro tournament. Anyone know how the pro players felt about playing on it as opposed to Simonis, how it might hold up and play over the course of a year as it wears, who might be making it for them, and the cost as opposed to Simonis 860HR? I don't see anything about it yet on the predatorcues.com website. Thanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know, but with all these worsted Simonis clones, is there no one developing quality non-worsted?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Don't know, but with all these worsted Simonis clones, is there no one developing quality non-worsted?

Worsted drafting makes yarn that is smooth and dense. Woolen drafting makes yarn that is lofty and irregular.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Championship has two, Valley Teflon Ultra and Mercury Ultra. They play pretty fast for a woolen.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am am always interested in new products, but, Predator Cloth will be just as expensive as Simonis...I just did 4 Valleys in CPBA Worsted. Working with it and playing on it have been awesome. Did I mention its like 50% less than Simonis?? Now how it holds up.

Gorina Basalt is also another one I recently installed. Was solid, but, at the same or very close $$$$ wise I will stick to Simonis here.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I heard that it was faster than 860. Not sure by how much, or anything else about it except it seemed really high quality. I got to peek at some off the table.

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am am always interested in new products, but, Predator Cloth will be just as expensive as Simonis...I just did 4 Valleys in CPBA Worsted. Working with it and playing on it have been awesome. Did I mention its like 50% less than Simonis?? Now how it holds up.

Gorina Basalt is also another one I recently installed. Was solid, but, at the same or very close $$$$ wise I will stick to Simonis here.

I did my last recover with CPBA Competition.
Plays and wears like 860HR.
Not going back to Simonis until they
match the price.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to tell me people to put the championship tour cloth on their home table. It played just as good and is considerably less. Then it raced to the price of only being $10 or $20 cheaper then somonis.. at that point it didn’t make sense get the best . I feel the same way about predator cloth. If it’s the same price or close I’m buying somonis. S

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw your post in the other reviews area. Will have a total of 13 tables with it on them soon~!

Trent from Toledo

Is this what you guys are talking about? Hell at that price thats what I’ll put on my next home recover.

Attachments

• 9D866A18-113A-4E37-A593-F171125F72C4.jpg
    9D866A18-113A-4E37-A593-F171125F72C4.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 933

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw your post in the other reviews area. Will have a total of 13 tables with it on them soon~!

Trent from Toledo
CPBA - What does that stand for? How long have they been making pool cloth, where is the company located and where is the cloth manufactured? - Thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Is this what you guys are talking about? Hell at that price thats what I’ll put on my next home recover.

Yes sir! That is the stuff. I buy it wholesale, get in touch if interested. Will post more data on the wear and tear as it goes!

Trent from Toledo

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
I heard that it was faster than 860. Not sure by how much, or anything else about it except it seemed really high quality. I got to peek at some off the table.

If you want faster you can just buy Simonis 760.Although 860 is the standard for tournament play there is an argument that home buyers should install 760 as 860 will slow down relatively quickly and, unlike in a busy pool hall or pro tournament, will probably not be replaced on a regular basis.

Simonis have put a lot of effort into marketing their products and are perceived as a market leader, enabling them to maintain their relatively high prices. However Predator are no slouch at marketing either and, given their heavy sponsorship of Pro events, it would be an easy move for them to become the official cloth for such events and freeze Simonis out. Over time this may enable them to take a good portion of the market even at similar prices to Simonis.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Yes, but I can't say anything about it right now, but I can say it plays better, looks better, and is holding up very well against the Championship Invitational cloth covered 8ft Valley next to it.