Burnt out on league 8 and 9 ball

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
smokey777,

What part of Texas are you in? I have never experienced the problems you said you are having with teammates/league snobs. I'm in the Mid-Cities area (live in Mansfield). The poolhall I frequent has four or five SL9's and at least that many SL8's, and I have never seen any of them act uppity (it's the SL5's and 6's that think they're God's gift to pool :frown:).

I think you ought to frequent a poolhall in another part of town if you have one. Try some new teammates. Trying new games is always good, as 14.1 and 1-pocket will help you to get better at the other games as well.

Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for. My wife and I are taking the Summer Session off from our APA leagues and honestly, I don't know if we'll ever come back and do them again (I've said this a couple times in the past however, and we eventually always come back :embarrassed2:).

Maniac

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member

I've found that 14.1 is a great game to play by yourself. It takes strategy and position play to another level. There is a 14.1 forum here and those guys have helped greatly with helping me learn

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a mid rank apa league player and honestly not to bash leagues but this session being my first and seeing what it's about is really killing my love of the game.

What are some other games pool has to offer without getting on a snooker table? If possible please provide a link to the rules of the game you list but video tutorials are gold

How about some local tournaments instead of league play?

ejasons

Registered
I've found that 14.1 is a great game to play by yourself. It takes strategy and position play to another level. There is a 14.1 forum here and those guys have helped greatly with helping me learn
Just out of curiosity, how do most people practice 14.1 -- do you just break a bit harder to avoid the safety start?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Set up a break shot, not opening break, and shoot until you miss, trying to set up the next break shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk