PC based pool game

wseyller

Registered
It's been a long time since I have seen a new pool game. First of all most of the pool games are crap as far as real physics of a pool. The only one I found to be close is Virtual Pool 3 by Celeris. It can actually improve certain pool skills. I found it to be fairly accurate. This version is there latest but it has been around for a few years now and they haven't made another. It does have multiplayer and you can play against other people for fun. Has anyone seen anything new that is just as good or better.

If anyone has never played this you should.

You can buy or download a free demo here

http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/index.html

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wseyller said:
It's been a long time since I have seen a new pool game. First of all most of the pool games are crap as far as real physics of a pool. The only one I found to be close is Virtual Pool 3 by Celeris. It can actually improve certain pool skills. I found it to be fairly accurate. This version is there latest but it has been around for a few years now and they haven't made another. It does have multiplayer and you can play against other people for fun. Has anyone seen anything new that is just as good or better.

If anyone has never played this you should.

You can buy or download a free demo here

http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/index.html

The only game I know of that's better than vp3 is vp2. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but there are a lot of people who feel that VP2 was actually the best of the Virtual Pool games. There may be something new out there that I'm not aware of, but haven't looked recently.

Good luck,
Aaron

Moco

Registered
Virtual pool 3 simply is the best pool game out there at the moment..... VP3 is alot better than vp2 now, mainly due to all the patches that have been made for the game, improving graphics and physics by alot.

I am a regular player of vp online and have been for some time now.... Celeris have been working very closely with us to make patches for the game ... and it really is getting amazing now.

We have also been working closely with celeris on the new virtual pool (vp3 Gold) and i can tell you now it really is going to be great.

We have a few more patches to get through i think before we will see the release of vp3 gold, as the new vp3 will mainly be visually upgraded, extra games etc.

The reason for that is we really are getting as close to perfect as it will be right now..... the next couple of patches should see vp having the best physics possible right now.... so once this is spot on it will be implemented into vp gold.

The release of this will be late this year or early 2008, but i can assure you it will be as close to the real thing as it gets.

Iv attached some in game screenshots of vp gold here. If anyone has any questions, il do my best to find out the answers for you.

Moco

NOTE: you seem to have a low file size limit, so iv had to lower the quality of these pics a little

Attachments

• cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 229
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 202
  • cuereflect.jpg
    cuereflect.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 207
  • cuetipreflect.jpg
    cuetipreflect.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 195
  • garageballs1.jpg
    garageballs1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 216

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Moco said:
Virtual pool 3 simply is the best pool game out there at the moment..... VP3 is alot better than vp2 now, mainly due to all the patches that have been made for the game, improving graphics and physics by alot.

I am a regular player of vp online and have been for some time now.... Celeris have been working very closely with us to make patches for the game ... and it really is getting amazing now.

We have also been working closely with celeris on the new virtual pool (vp3 Gold) and i can tell you now it really is going to be great.

We have a few more patches to get through i think before we will see the release of vp3 gold, as the new vp3 will mainly be visually upgraded, extra games etc.

The reason for that is we really are getting as close to perfect as it will be right now..... the next couple of patches should see vp having the best physics possible right now.... so once this is spot on it will be implemented into vp gold.

The release of this will be late this year or early 2008, but i can assure you it will be as close to the real thing as it gets.

Iv attached some in game screenshots of vp gold here. If anyone has any questions, il do my best to find out the answers for you.

Moco

NOTE: you seem to have a low file size limit, so iv had to lower the quality of these pics a little

WOW!! Those PICS are amazing!! I love the reflection on the Cueball!
Cant wait for the game.

Moco

Registered
more pics....

Attachments

• hardtballs2.jpg
    hardtballs2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 187
  • hawgballs2.jpg
    hawgballs2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 158
  • pitballs1.jpg
    pitballs1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 167
  • beachballs1.jpg
    beachballs1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 177
  • hardtballs1.jpg
    hardtballs1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 165

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
VP3 is an amazing game, i can wind away hours running racks listening to my music in the background. extremely realistic. been wondering if vp gold would ever see the light of day, glad to see it's looking promising!

i can believe it when moco says VP gold will mostly be visual upgrades and extra features, because the engine of this game is amazing.

TJfive0

Registered
It looks like I will need to try VP3, never have. I have been trying to find a realistic pool game. It looks like I possibly have. I can't wait for VP3 Gold to come out!

Moco

Registered
If anyone on here plays vp3 online, drop me a PM so we can play a few racks.

Not sure if many people know, but VP3 does have a newer version out with completely changed physics.

The original VP£ was on cd, you could buy it in the shops, (with jeanette lee promoting it).

The upgraded version of VP3 is only available for download from the celeris website... if people want to play in tournaments etc, that's the copy you will need (until vp3 gold is released anyway;) )

Last edited:

wseyller

Registered
Just FYI for anyone that wants to buy the game. I install the demo from the website and I started a match then knocked a couple balls around then I went to quit the game and it showed a 10% off discount promotion code.

Lun@ticfringe

Registered
If you have the original Jennet Lee version the upgrade is only $10.

Even if you have to pay pay full price its woth it for the online play,nearly daily tournaments and lots of chalenge rooms to hit em around with some realy good people(and a couple of jerks,lol).

I usually play evenings and weekends,same name as in here if you want to play some Moco.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Well, you guys talked me into it .... LOL ... I purchased it online about 2hrs ago and still no download link or email other than one for an invoice. So, FYI it isn't necessarily an instant transaction that points you to a download link.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
I just took a look at VP3 on the Celeris site. I need this game. Not want, need!

That has to be the best looking pool game I've seen. With snooker too! LOL, guess what I'm gonna be begging the wife for now?

ejasons

Registered
The Table

While the balls look amazing (especially the reflections), it would be nice if there were to be a little more attention paid to the appearance of the table itself...

That said, I also didn't realize that the game was still being updated. I bought the Jeanette Lee version a long time ago. Will have to look into updating it...

Jason

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Nice of them to put a demo version on the site. Now I have to leave it alone & go cook dinner. I definitely want this game, it has far more features & controls than any other pool sim I've seen. Now, what was it my wife said about looking at stuff online that wasn't pool-related today? Oops.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
LOL ... five hours after paying through paypal and getting a paid invoice from some apparently intermediary company called digitalcandle.com verifiying payment without so much as a link to my program .... haha

Guess we can pretty much rule out automated responses. Hell of a nice website there at the olde virtual pool haha, you would never guess you'd have to wait for some nerds mother to wake up and turn on her PC to give you a download link and key code for download. :)

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
3andstop said:
LOL ... five hours after paying through paypal and getting a paid invoice from some apparently intermediary company called digitalcandle.com verifiying payment without so much as a link to my program .... haha

Guess we can pretty much rule out automated responses. Hell of a nice website there at the olde virtual pool haha, you would never guess you'd have to wait for some nerds mother to wake up and turn on her PC to give you a download link and key code for download. :)

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Let us know when you get it. I convinced my wife I have to have the game but I gotta wait until payday. Having no patience I'd be pissed if I'd paid for it & then had to wait to play!!

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
chilli66 said:
Let us know when you get it. I convinced my wife I have to have the game but I gotta wait until payday. Having no patience I'd be pissed if I'd paid for it & then had to wait to play!!

Will do, its now 7am EST and nuthin ..... isn't this nice. They sure took the money fast enough.

BTW, there is a 10% discount code when you close the trial as mentioned. The code is vp3pc759. I assume its just the same number for anyone who happens to look at the demo. This will save you some time from downloading the demo. :) Ha... and give you more waiting time for the program link. :)

Moco

Registered
It usually takes about 24 hours for them to send you the download link and serial.

Dont worry, they will get back to you soon.