Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points - 01-18-2019, 09:55 AM

WINNING!!!!

That would be 50% support.
That should be disturbing for democrats. Especially since they have written off blacks in their quest to flood America with Hispanics.

OH Wait!!

Perhaps Trump bribed NPR, PBS and Marist.

Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points

President Donald Trump's approval rating among Latinos shot up nearly 20 points from December to January in a new poll.

Key results in the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll:

50 percent of Latinos support the job Trump is doing, a significant jump from the 31 percent who had the same answer in a December poll.

Trump's support among whites dropped from 50 percent to 40 percent, while his support among African-Americans fell from 19 percent to 11 percent.

Overall, Trump's approval in the most recent poll is 39 percent, down from 42 percent in the previous poll.

The ongoing government shutdown began Dec. 22 after lawmakers could not agree on funding Trump's border wall between the United States and Mexico.

Trump earned the support of 28 percent of Hispanics in the 2016 election, far below Democrat Hillary Clinton's capture of 66 percent.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#2)
c-money
AzB Silver Member
c-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond reputec-money has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:12 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-trump-in-2020

Most voters won't support Trump in 2020: PBS/NPR poll
BY JOHN BOWDEN 12,027

More than half of registered voters say they have made their minds up against supporting President Trump in 2020, according to a new poll.

In a PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist Institute survey released Thursday, 57 percent of registered voters said that they would definitely not support Trump for reelection.

That number includes just 10 percent of Republicans but 91 percent of Democrats and almost two-thirds, 62 percent, of registered independent voters, according to the survey.

Just 30 percent of registered voters, by comparison, said that they would definitely vote for the president in the next election cycle, a figure that includes 69 percent of Republicans, 5 percent of Democrats and one-fourth of independent voters.

“The president has had his base and not much else,” said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, according to PBS NewsHour.

The president also receives a majority of blame in the poll for the ongoing government shutdown, which on Thursday stretched into its 27th day and affects roughly 25 percent of the federal government.

More than half of U.S. adults, 54 percent, say Trump is chiefly to blame for the shutdown, while 31 percent say congressional Democrats deserve the blame.

Both sides, Americans agree, should be doing more to compromise and end the shutdown, with more than half of registered voters saying that both sides should meet in the middle.

“What we’re seeing in each of these questions is a sense that compromise is desired and both sides should be working more with the other,” Miringoff says.

The PBS/NPR/Marist survey, conducted from Jan. 10 to Jan. 13, contacted 1,023 American adults, including 873 registered voters. The survey's general margin of error is 3.8 percentage points and 4.2 percentage points for registered voters.

Old
  (#3)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:15 AM

This is the same Marist poll that got so much rejection, disbelief and scorn a day or so back.

I don't mean the same polling group and same two news groups paying them to do another poll. I mean the exact same poll they did, that showed PDJT's key base cohorts beginning to leave him.

So people who don't believe polls will soon post up they don't believe this subtab result, either, in 3.... 2...

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#4)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
This is the same Marist poll that got so much rejection, disbelief and scorn a day or so back.

I don't mean the same polling group and same two news groups paying them to do another poll. I mean the exact same poll they did, that showed PDJT's key base cohorts beginning to leave him.

So people who don't believe polls will soon post up they don't believe this subtab result, either, in 3.... 2...
I must have missed the results concerning Lation's previously.
Were they suppressed?

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#5)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:21 AM

Winning while the dims are whining
Attached Images

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-18-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman22 View Post
Winning while the dims are whining
Strange definition you have of 'winning'.

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:29 AM

Polls?

LOL!

Every Latino I know supports Trump.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#8)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I must have missed the results concerning Lation's previously.
Were they suppressed?
The complete results of this poll were published and can be found easily. I already linked to that complete report in the other thread.

They happen to run out to presumably some dozens of pages, and this is only one line of a large number. What makes it to headlines or even the body of an article is an editorial decision. But most of it does not, or an article would need to be longer than the report itself.

The headline take decided on was that just as the overall job support for PDJT is falling (says all polls), this particular very recent poll found it was also falling among his key base cohorts.

Latinos are not a part of his base, and there is no analytical reason their support should have gone up so sharply. It is not been measured in other polling elsewhere, so far. Most likely, this is an artifact from a sampling issue, and not real. So of course, some people insist it is very important new information.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

Old
  (#9)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

01-18-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Polls?

LOL!

Every Latino I know supports Trump.

However, as many know, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'

You (I presume accurately) report an informal, small, non-randomized, regional survey of.... health care professionals? Well, probably a more mixed group than just that, but the other adjectives still apply, surely.

― Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#10)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Strange definition you have of 'winning'.
People are strange when your a stranger..anyway that's what Jim said when his mojo was risen......Always wanted to ask you why Black-Balled are you a black lost sheep like me

Old
  (#11)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
However, as many know, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'

You (I presume accurately) report an informal, small, non-randomized, regional survey of.... health care professionals? Well, probably a more mixed group than just that, but the other adjectives still apply, surely.
And you bother to mention any of that for what?

Health care professionals?

Regional?

LOL!

Oh...you forget, I have clients all over the US, and all over the world.

Dude, I was thinking of my lawn guy and his wife, fellow bikers, friends in Puerto Rico, and all sorts of people including "health care professionals".

But even still...why do you bother to mention anything at all in response to what I said?

EDIT: Wait a minute...you don't think polls are any more valid than my anecdote, do you? LOL!

Yeah, you abacus toting people need to stick together I guess.

Quantitative over qualitative, always.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Last edited by Chopdoc; 01-18-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Old
  (#12)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

01-18-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
And you bother to mention any of that for what?

Health care professionals?

Regional?

LOL!

Oh...you forget, I have clients all over the US, and all over the world.

Dude, I was thinking of my lawn guy and his wife, fellow bikers, friends in Puerto Rico, and all sorts of people including "health care professionals".

But even still...why do you bother to mention anything at all in response to what I said?

Because your reporting of 100% support for him from them is not born out in the approximate 3 to 2 super-majority against him among them (nationally), which is from his beginning of the election season of 2016 and enduring through 'til the present day.

You have a bad sample, is my point, or at least one that does not reliably mirror the national picture. 40% is still many millions of Latinos, and perhaps bird of a feather applies.

This is about what Pauline Kael is (mis-)quoted to have said about Nixon back in the day. Supposedly she said he could not win, because nobody she knew supported him. She did not quite say it that way, but that's the way it has passed down through CW history, and it makes the same point.

― Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#13)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

01-18-2019, 11:43 AM

LOL!

I give a bad example. LOL!

I love my example!

You call it "bad" because you don't like it. That's it. That's all. Nothing else.

Frankly, your explanation sucks. And it has nothing at all to do with whether I like it or not. I have no feelings either way. Just an objective observation.

Whats really stunning is that my statement was so simply yet you apparently don't understand it.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: