Chris in NC

dontscratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met Chris in NC, and played for a couple of hours at his poolroom.
Nice guy, and I talked to him more than I practiced. Clean poolroom, clean tables, and nice people.
.Chris uncovered his tightest table , and let me play, and it was a lot of fun. I was only there for a couple of days, so I did not get to play anyone,(no one pocket players around), but if you are in the Boone NC area be sure to check it out.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Nice guy, and I talked to him more than I practiced. Clean poolroom, clean tables, and nice people.
.Chris uncovered his tightest table , and let me play, and it was a lot of fun. I was only there for a couple of days, so I did not get to play anyone,(no one pocket players around), but if you are in the Boone NC area be sure to check it out.

Thanks for the report. I always like hearing verifications of online personas, even though I never really questioned this guy as he always seemed legit.

Where do you normally play? I’ve been playing almost nothing but one pocket for a while now so I feel your pain.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Country Retreat

5E676AEB-54C9-4858-85D6-EA673718358D.jpeg

I’ve played, eaten and talked to Chris....it was all good.
The Gabriels play great

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the report. I have a brother that lives close to Boone, so the next time over there I think I’ll drop in and try it out.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've played there once. We stopped in for just a few hours. I didn't get to meet Chris, he wasn't there at the time.

His room was very clean and the food was good as well.

I would highly recommend anyone to stop by his place and hit a few. The next time I get out his way, I'm gonna give him a call so he can maybe make arrangements to meet and play.

Jeff

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. So it is Country Retreat in Boone nc. Sorry I thought he was describing the place as a country retreat in the post 5. Good authentic name for the place. Looks very nice in the photo.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I haven't yet been to Boone, I feel a visit there sometime soon is necessary...especially considering I've known Chris for more than 18 years! Soon Chris...soon! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

buttnkdwonder

Registered
I went to visit there for the first time just a couple months ago. My wife grew up in Boone and my FIL still lives there--after driving past it a few times in past years figured I would make some time to check it out when I could get back out there.

Really enjoyed my time there. It's definitely very family oriented--no alcohol and it didn't really strike me as gambler's Paradise in terms of action--but I think that's a good thing depending on what you want. The place is very clean, good food, affordable rates, and perhaps most importantly the equipment was in pristine condition. I didn't get the chance to meet Chris but it's clear he runs a great establishment. Will definitely be back again next time I'm in town. (It's also basically the only place that has equipment to play serious pool in essentially an hour radius of Boone!)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to visit there for the first time just a couple months ago. My wife grew up in Boone and my FIL still lives there--after driving past it a few times in past years figured I would make some time to check it out when I could get back out there.

Really enjoyed my time there. It's definitely very family oriented--no alcohol and it didn't really strike me as gambler's Paradise in terms of action--but I think that's a good thing depending on what you want. The place is very clean, good food, affordable rates, and perhaps most importantly the equipment was in pristine condition. I didn't get the chance to meet Chris but it's clear he runs a great establishment. Will definitely be back again next time I'm in town. (It's also basically the only place that has equipment to play serious pool in essentially an hour radius of Boone!)
How far off 81, timewise...if you please?