pool movie

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
there is a local guy down here in san antonio tx who has been talkin about making his own pool related movie... well its finally in the works and gabe owen and corey duel are here in sa for the next couple days to star in it

poolnut

Keep us updated on it. I assume it's not going to be an overly publicized movie? I'll be up for a copy when he releases it..

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deadwhak said:
there is a local guy down here in san antonio tx who has been talkin about making his own pool related movie... well its finally in the works and gabe owen and corey duel are here in sa for the next couple days to star in it

man i hope you're not joking. it'd e good to see a pool movie worth seeing

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
man i hope you're not joking. it'd e good to see a pool movie worth seeing

no its really going down...the guy making it seems pretty serious about it ... dont know what his intentions are about trying to sell it or get it into mass production but they started doing some scenes yesterday...

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
PKM said:
If true, surely someone else is talking about it?

There are often ads in the local papers for extras, if there is a movie filming in a town. Someone might check the papers and other advertising communities, like online job searches, to see if they're looking for extras or background workers of any kind. That would be good proof and it might even give a name of the film, too.

Keep us posted!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Sounds like he?s doing a documentary on two road players. Not a bad thing, but not a blockbuster movie with top Hollywood stars in it either, that would give pool a shot in the arm. That's why I never got exited about the Jennifer Barretta movie with her playing the staring roll. Pool needs a movie with big-name actors in it. Johnnyt

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
deadwhak said:

Tell Cory not to wear his pink hollister shirt when filming. hehehe.. Sorry had to say it but in a joking manner. Don't get your panties twisted. :D

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Sounds like he?s doing a documentary on two road players. Not a bad thing, but not a blockbuster movie with top Hollywood stars in it either, that would give pool a shot in the arm. That's why I never got exited about the Jennifer Barretta movie with her playing the staring roll. Pool needs a movie with big-name actors in it. Johnnyt

Big name actors can't pull of the part as a pool hustler and make it believable. At least not to someone who knows the real deal. It needs to be done by an actual player. Just my opinion. Paul Newman did a fantastic job though in the Hustler but you could also tell he wasn't really a player when at the table if you understand what I'm sayin.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
Big name actors can't pull of the part as a pool hustler and make it believable. At least not to someone who knows the real deal. It needs to be done by an actual player. Just my opinion. Paul Newman did a fantastic job though in the Hustler but you could also tell he wasn't really a player when at the table if you understand what I'm sayin.

A blockbuster pool movie only needs the general public to believe...pool players are going to watch it anyhow. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Don't you think that if Hollywood thought there was money in a movie about a female pool player played by a pro player they would get Jeanette Lee? At least everyone knows her and she has done some TV work. Johnnyt

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
JesPiddlin said:
There are often ads in the local papers for extras, if there is a movie filming in a town. Someone might check the papers and other advertising communities, like online job searches, to see if they're looking for extras or background workers of any kind. That would be good proof and it might even give a name of the film, too.

Keep us posted!
actually they dont need extras cuz there are enough pool players here all ready to fill the place they are filming at....its not a big movie, advertised and all that..course every movie wishes to turn into that...but just a local guy trying something...
Keep us posted![/QUOTE]