Meucci MO-2?
Old
  (#1)
Lizardking
Ready, Fire, Aim!

Lizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Meucci MO-2? - 06-26-2018, 01:49 PM

I thought I purchased a Meucci Original MO-2. It has all the elements I expected except for the pin. Can’t say I have ever encountered a Meucci with such a Pin. Was the pin replaced or what? The last picture is a comparison of pins of what I believe to be a Meucci Original MO-4. Any info is greatly appreciated. Also, it has an unsealed wrap I believe to be original and in very good condition.

Cheers,
Tony

Name:  FF5309FB-3503-4652-9983-D18D558E5A70.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  191.4 KB

Name:  D9FCEA37-F450-472F-A977-6BAEA8A8D2C7.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  193.9 KB

Name:  5E13FD5B-92DE-4D50-A382-9EB2E319C424.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  196.9 KB

Name:  049AD3EB-F2B5-4AAF-B326-703B2A6DB7A1.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  188.1 KB

Last edited by Lizardking; 06-26-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2018, 03:39 PM

IMHO the pin was replaced.

It could be returned to original if you like.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#3)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 04:20 AM

Bullet bumper might be available. A member here was selling them years ago.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#4)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
He was casting his own.

I am not sure he has them anymore.

They were identical to the Huebler ones.

Almost impossible to find originals.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#5)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
He was casting his own.

I bought one. He did a great job.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#6)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-11-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I bought one. He did a great job.
I believe I still have a couple of them.

Yes, they were nice. He did a good job.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#7)
deadnutz
AzB Silver Member
deadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

07-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
That was me. I’m out and have been for awhile. I have numerous inquiries weekly to buy them. Guess it’s time I run another batch.

As Chopdoc said, the pin was replaced. Meucci only ever used 5/16-18 until recently. Years ago when I started the hunt for a original bumper (and came up empty and deciding to build the mold myself) I was having an old MO-8 redone by Mike Erwin. Mike as we all know has since passed but he was Bob Meucci’s right hand man for many years until Bob moved the shop and Mike decided not to go with him. I enjoyed Mike and I’s conversations very much and miss him to this day. Anyway, during that rework of the cue I asked Mike to put a brass pin back in it as the original first brochure cues had brass pins....... or so I thought. Mike told me the ONLY time they used brass when when they ran out of stainless pins. So when these Meucci guys ooh and ahh over the brass pins, it’s really just because they didn’t have stainless on hand that day. I have more Meucci information in my head than most people ever will because of Mike. I’m glad to see his boy Scott providing top notch refinish work for the billiard industry.

Last edited by deadnutz; 07-11-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-11-2018, 04:44 PM

But...

The earliest Meucci cues were made in the Huebler shop. Like the Hueblers of that time, they had brass pins, because they were using the same parts. Those cues were branded with a sticker, which is often lost. No? Not true?

The Meucci Originals cues came after. AFAIK the story is true, they used brass when they ran out of stainless...but that was in the earlier days of the Originals anyway. So a brass pin does identify earlier cues that are more unusual.

AFAIK they weren't running out of pins in the later years of the Originals.

No?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#9)
deadnutz
AzB Silver Member
deadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

07-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
But...

The earliest Meucci cues were made in the Huebler shop. Like the Hueblers of that time, they had brass pins, because they were using the same parts. Those cues were branded with a sticker, which is often lost. No? Not true?

The Meucci Originals cues came after. AFAIK the story is true, they used brass when they ran out of stainless...but that was in the earlier days of the Originals anyway. So a brass pin does identify earlier cues that are more unusual.

AFAIK they weren't running out of pins in the later years of the Originals.

No?

Gonna PM you some info. The second part is definitely true. No, to my knowledge in the later years they never used brass pins. Remember most of the stories I got from Mike were the early years. Iíve never seen a newer cursive style Meucci with a brass pin. Thereís no reason they couldnt be. Iím a tool and die maker by trade, if clearances in the threads were correct a brass pin on a brass bezel would last forever....... we all know Meucci isnít worried about clearances after seeing the video walkthrough with Bob, Dennis O and Dodong. Any cuemaker will cringe at that video. 😣

Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnutz View Post
Gonna PM you some info. The second part is definitely true. No, to my knowledge in the later years they never used brass pins. Remember most of the stories I got from Mike were the early years. Iíve never seen a newer cursive style Meucci with a brass pin. Thereís no reason they couldnt be. Iím a tool and die maker by trade, if clearances in the threads were correct a brass pin on a brass bezel would last forever....... we all know Meucci isnít worried about clearances after seeing the video walkthrough with Bob, Dennis O and Dodong. Any cuemaker will cringe at that video. 😣
That video was very revealing, but many don't know why.

Cue makers and machinists know.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#11)
Lizardking
Ready, Fire, Aim!

Lizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond reputeLizardking has a reputation beyond repute

07-12-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
IMHO the pin was replaced.

It could be returned to original if you like.

I actually like the pin and have no desire to replace it. The Cue is in exceptional condition for its age. Has a very nice patina, exposed wrap and is straight as an arrow.

Old
  (#12)
Lizardking
Ready, Fire, Aim!

07-12-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnutz View Post
That was me. Iím out and have been for awhile. I have numerous inquiries weekly to buy them. Guess itís time I run another batch.

As Chopdoc said, the pin was replaced. Meucci only ever used 5/16-18 until recently. Years ago when I started the hunt for a original bumper (and came up empty and deciding to build the mold myself) I was having an old MO-8 redone by Mike Erwin. Mike as we all know has since passed but he was Bob Meucciís right hand man for many years until Bob moved the shop and Mike decided not to go with him. I enjoyed Mike and Iís conversations very much and miss him to this day. Anyway, during that rework of the cue I asked Mike to put a brass pin back in it as the original first brochure cues had brass pins....... or so I thought. Mike told me the ONLY time they used brass when when they ran out of stainless pins. So when these Meucci guys ooh and ahh over the brass pins, itís really just because they didnít have stainless on hand that day. I have more Meucci information in my head than most people ever will because of Mike. Iím glad to see his boy Scott providing top notch refinish work for the billiard industry.
I would be very interested in acquiring at least (2) of those Bullet bumpers from you as I have (2) Meucci Original MO Series Cues in need of them.

Old
  (#13)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-12-2018, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking View Post
I actually like the pin and have no desire to replace it. The Cue is in exceptional condition for its age. Has a very nice patina, exposed wrap and is straight as an arrow.
Fair enough. It's your cue, have it as you like.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: