Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page CTE - A - Outside Pivot - Only for straight shots?
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-11-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman View Post
UPDATED:

I received an update from Stan. He made it clear to me ... "I will show everyone how to objectively see perceptions, how to objectively determine thick or thin and how to objectively arrive at one tick for the shot line........" - Stan

I am going to sit patiently and offer no more advice or opinions on the subject until Stan's book & TS comes out. He has spent hours, days, & years putting YT videos out that one can study (I've watched every single video at least 4 times). It is fascinating and is proving to shift my focus from pocketing to cue ball control (speed, spin, sequence {for non-rotation games}).
He has already put out some excellent YouTube vids showing how to determine thick or thin. It's fairly easy (with enough shot experience) to determine if that fixed ccb perception would cut the ob slightly thick or thin of the pocket. From there you either thin the perception with an inside move or thicken it with an outside move. Stan says it's usually obvious, determining which direction to pivot, and that's probably true once you've developed the ability to visualize/recognize cb-ob relationships.

The "one tic" statement is intriguing, considering there are 360 tics on a ball. That means each tic represents 0.5mm on the surface of the ball.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#92)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman View Post
UPDATED:
I received an update from Stan. He made it clear to me ... "I will show everyone how to objectively see perceptions, how to objectively determine thick or thin and how to objectively arrive at one tick for the shot line........" - Stan
I am going to sit patiently and offer no more advice or opinions on the subject until Stan's book & TS comes out. He has spent hours, days, & years putting YT videos out that one can study (I've watched every single video at least 4 times). It is fascinating and is proving to shift my focus from pocketing to cue ball control (speed, spin, sequence {for non-rotation games}).
Good for you.
Ignore all 'help' and instructions from those who have not been certified as instructors by Stan himself.
They don't know what they're talking about and usually have a self-serving agenda.
I am not an instructor...only a student.
If Stan hasn't given someone the green light....then it's all conjecture and more or less a case of the blind leading the blind.
He said today that one of the great features in his upcoming Truth Series will be how to deal with straight-ins over and over and over...(he considers straight-ins the toughest shots)
As the song said........."Time is on our side".

Just call me "Harmless who can't make a Ball".....

"Lifting a glass in a toast to the everlasting memory of the Mustang motorcycle....one of California's finest contributions to a by-gone era"

Old
  (#93)
canwin
AzB Silver Member
canwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Good for you.
Ignore all 'help' and instructions from those who have not been certified as instructors by Stan himself.
They don't know what they're talking about and usually have a self-serving agenda.
I am not an instructor...only a student.
If Stan hasn't given someone the green light....then it's all conjecture and more or less a case of the blind leading the blind.
He said today that one of the great features in his upcoming Truth Series will be how to deal with straight-ins over and over and over...(he considers straight-ins the toughest shots)
As the song said........."Time is on our side".
Seriously... How old are you?

Old
  (#94)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwin View Post
Seriously... How old are you?
You must be looking for someone else.
My name isn't "Seriously"...it's Lowenstein.
Have a good one.

Just call me "Harmless who can't make a Ball".....

"Lifting a glass in a toast to the everlasting memory of the Mustang motorcycle....one of California's finest contributions to a by-gone era"

Old
  (#95)
canwin
AzB Silver Member
canwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
You must be looking for someone else.
My name isn't "Seriously"...it's Lowenstein.
Have a good one.
Ha.. Shirley not!

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: