Robin dreyer...another great weekend of improving

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i posted this in the main forum but thought it should be here
just spent 3 days (again ) with robin dreyer in beaverton oregon..
A TREMENDOUS POOL INSTRUCTOR
his understanding of all aspects of the game is superb
and his ability to communicate is excellent
he is able to hone in on what will help you improve
from fundamentals to the highest levels of strategy in 8/9/10 ball or straight pool
he was able to answer any and all of my questions
having been an elite player he is able to demonstrate whatever he is teaching you
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
to help you get to the next level
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422
http://robindreyer.com/index.html
thank you robin for helping me improve my game....:thumbup:....:)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be fair Larry, you should thank Lance Cowles too. He's the one who got you setting up correctly on the shot (which was still a problem, even after your first session with Robin), so that your stroke would be more accurate and efficient. This was due to you not being able to make many of the one pocket shots that you came there to learn. Your experience with Lance, over several days, enabled you to take more advantage of another 3-day session with Robin. Credit where credit's due, imo. :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

from fundamentals to the highest levels of strategy in 8/9/10 ball or straight pool
having been an elite player he is able to demonstrate whatever he is teaching you
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422

Robin Dreyer is one of the best instructors around. I vote that he be the new USA Mosconi Cub Team coach. Those guys would be in tune for next year. Wow, if those guys took lessons every week or month or so, like 99% of the pro golfers, maybe we could catch the Europeans. Robin would be the best coach.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just to be fair Larry, you should thank Lance Cowles too. He's the one who got you setting up correctly on the shot (which was still a problem, even after your first session with Robin), so that your stroke would be more accurate and efficient. This was due to you not being able to make many of the one pocket shots that you came there to learn. Your experience with Lance, over several days, enabled you to take more advantage of another 3-day session with Robin. Credit where credit's due, imo. :grin:

Scott Lee

scott
thats not how i remeber my time with lance
we (lance and myself ) spent very little time on mechanics
i went for onepocket and thats what we worked on
we spent VERY LITTLE TIME and mainly on the last day on mechanics
yes he tried to tweaked a thing or 2 but in no way "prepared me " for robin
i have praised lance for his onepocket
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5969355&postcount=4
AGAIN
my work with lance DID NOT prepare me for my time with robin
robin deserves the credit i have given him
its sad you had to post what you did in this thread to force me to set the record straight

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Robin Dreyer has two tables inside his home. One Diamond 7' and a nice 9' table. He doesn't have to meet you in some pool hall. He has every piece of pool table training equipment and tons of things he has invented for the instruction. He has taught pool full time for over 30 years. I wish everyone could see the 70 transitions he has made for the Projection Pro Billiards display. Soon, he will be on AZB telling everyone about what he has accomplished for the projector. This is about to get started.
You'll never know how great he is until you book your lesson.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin Dreyer has two tables inside his home. One Diamond 7' and a nice 9' table. He doesn't have to meet you in some pool hall. He has every piece of pool table training equipment and tons of things he has invented for the instruction. He has taught pool full time for over 30 years. I wish everyone could see the 70 transitions he has made for the Projection Pro Billiards display. Soon, he will be on AZB telling everyone about what he has accomplished for the projector. This is about to get started.
You'll never know how great he is until you book your lesson.
Your guy sounds like a genuine hitter.
There used to be an instructor in a little town above Atlanta (I think he's dead now) called himself "Fast Larry" and he took a lot of money away from gullible people. He had a lot of questionable 'credentials'.
He was really just an eccentric kook, however he did make some impressive trick shots in his demonstrations at local poolrooms.
Nevertheless, when in actual competition, he wasn't much of a player and got beat most of the time by shooters on my own level...and that's not so hot. That doesn't inspire much confidence.
I guess that's a reason I'm skeptical about instructors in general.
Quien sabe...life goes on.
:thumbup:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
There used to be an instructor in a little town above Atlanta (I think he's dead now) called himself "Fast Larry" and he took a lot of money away from gullible people. He had a lot of questionable 'credentials'.
He was really just an eccentric kook, however he did make some impressive trick shots in his demonstrations at local poolrooms.
Nevertheless, when in actual competition, he wasn't much of a player and got beat most of the time by shooters on my own level...and that's not so hot. That doesn't inspire much confidence.

I can guarantee you would be happy with Robin. We've ended all the doubt about it, so all you have to do is call him up and schedule your appointment. If you show your "aiming routine from the aiming section", Robin will quickly demonstrate why it doesn't work. OMG, knowing that would save months of useless practice! But, there are hundreds of other items in the pool game to work on.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can guarantee you would be happy with Robin. Larry has flown from Florida to see him twice and will go back again. Larry(bbb) has had intensive instruction from about 6 known pool teachers and Robin is the one he'll go back to. We've ended all the doubt about it, so all you have to do is call him up and schedule your appointment. If you show your "aiming routine from the aiming section", Robin will quickly demonstrate why it doesn't work. OMG, knowing that would save months of useless practice! But, there are hundreds of other items in the pool game to work on.
If your man really and truly believes that "aiming systems don't work"...then he's a fool.
He's telling you that to keep you as a customer because that's what you want to hear.
Actually he has an aiming system of his own.............but he ain't telling you about it, no way.
As I've said.....life goes on.
Stay happy.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If your man really and truly believes that "aiming systems don't work"...then he's a fool.
He's telling you that to keep you as a customer because that's what you want to hear.
Actually he has an aiming system of his own.............but he ain't telling you about it, no way.
As I've said.....life goes on.
Stay happy.
Low500
i am not as zealous a disciple as denwhit regarding robin and i have not spent as much time with him as denwhit
my impression from my time with robin was
that robin does not beleive aiming systems dont work
andwould not change your aiming system regardles if it was cte /samba/90-90 etc if it was reliable and successful for you
he doesnt teach it though to someone who is trying to learn how to aim
i spoke to robin before i posted this and he agrees with the above statement
regarding your statement about the guy who could "show off" but not play when the pressure was on reflecting your mistrust of instructors
i dont think vince lombardi was a great football player
what i am trying to say is the coach doent have to play just be able to teach
robin can do BOTH play AND teach...:)
stay happy..:D

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's sad is that you don't even realize what you learned from Lance (and several others). You can remember things however you like, but I spoke with Lance personally every day you were there. So I know what was said, and how things progressed over the 5 days you were there.

Nothing against Robin...I believe him to be an excellent instructor.

Scott Lee

s
its sad you had to post what you did in this thread to force me to set the record straight

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's sad is that you don't even realize what you learned from Lance (and several others). You can remember things however you like, but I spoke with Lance personally every day you were there. So I know what was said, and how things progressed over the 5 days you were there.

Nothing against Robin...I believe him to be an excellent instructor.

Scott Lee

scott if my time with lance was so great with my mechanics and you know i am a onepocket nut
it would seem obvious i would have gone back to lance
BUT I DID NOT
I CHOSE ROBIN DREYER
because he did more for me and i learned more from him
whats sad is you are trying to defend/ promote your fellow pbia instructor
in a thread that has nothing to do with lance
i will say again i wanted to work on mechanics when i was there with lance because my mechanics (even the pros mechanics ) can always improve and be worked on
but we didnt do much with it until the very end
SCOTT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ROBIN DREYER A TRULY GREAT INSTRUCTOR
if you wish to discuss another instructor
start another thread or send me a pm or you have my cell number and call me
merry christmas

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin makes you better. Period. I know a lot of his students and every single one got better going to Robin. Some got a LOT better, including myself. Get a lesson while the guy's still around and giving them.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had a lesson with Scott Lee 10 years ago. It was good. After reading his posts on here since that time, I don’t understand how anyone would ever take a lesson from him. All he does is put down anyone who is not part of his clan of instructors in snide ways. Just like his contribution in this thread. Every time. It’s so predictable.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Robin makes you better. Period. I know a lot of his students and every single one got better going to Robin. Some got a LOT better, including myself. Get a lesson while the guy's still around and giving them.

Thanks for your help. Too many pool players want to see a teacher's credentials like winning the US Open. In my opinion, that just makes it much more expensive and who knows if they can teach? We all know Robin is a teacher and I can not imagine a better one. Someday, when he quits teaching, he will write his book(s).

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Go see STAN SHUFFET THEN YOU WILL KNOW

I am sure Stan Suffet is a great teacher. Right now he is not teaching and writing his book. Makes it hard to set up lessons right now. Robin teaches full time, every day.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your help. Too many pool players want to see a teacher's credentials like winning the US Open. In my opinion, that just makes it much more expensive and who knows if they can teach? We all know Robin is a teacher and I can not imagine a better one. Someday, when he quits teaching, he will write his book(s).

The best teachers or coaches are rarely US open winners or champions of champions. It's like that with everything -- football, pool, golf, tennis, music, education, etc.... A lack of stardom or personal achievements is no indication of a lack of skill, knowledge, and teaching ability. I know some fabulous musical instructors that have very little credentials other than satisfied students. They have no recording contracts, no list of famous bands or musicians or professional schooling on their resumés, but they are excellent teachers. Some people would say these teachers are nothing but obscure wanna-be musicians. Those people are fools. Same goes with pool....to think that only the best proven players make the best teachers is a foolish thought.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had a lesson with Scott Lee 10 years ago. It was good. After reading his posts on here since that time, I don’t understand how anyone would ever take a lesson from him. All he does is put down anyone who is not part of his clan of instructors in snide ways. Just like his contribution in this thread. Every time. It’s so predictable.

I just read this thread. Please explain how Scott stating that Robin is an excellent instructor is putting him down.

I guess some people only see what they want to see. Sad that you have to resort to making things up to run down someone else.

Reactions: JC