SBE - any of you at SBE?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ROTFLMAO! This is priceless, like the two of you are conjoined at the hip. No question where you're aligned and where your allegiance is.
Guess what? A positive review will NEVER happen nor do I think it would be honest because there would be an ulterior motive to give the impression of honesty and then follow it up with a sledge hammer and atomic bomb at a later date.
Then it could be followed up with, "Gee, we were very honest with one part which means we were honest about all of it because that's just the kind of great guys we are.
We certainly wouldn't be honest about one part and then lie about another or distort it."
-----------------------

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stan wrote here on AZ several times about creating THE TRUTH SERIES which will be posted on youtube, free of charge, so anyone can see them and then make a decision about buying the book.

He also wrote this on his FB profile on 19th of February:

"Many of you are lined up for my CTE book and I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. A lot of you have already been introduced to CTE to varying degrees. YOU know what you are getting into and I can assure you that you are getting into something good but don’t take my word for it.
HERE’S WHAT I SUGGEST AS A SAFETY NET IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR HARD-EARNED DOLLARS.
I will be frame-working CTE in every detail by way of a CTE TRUTH VIDEO SERIES.,Those videos, especially the first few, will allow anyone to see exactly what CTE is all about in never seen before detail.
CTE is odd and different at first. Before you leap, take a look at what’s going on and then you can be thoroughly informed as to whether you want to purchase or not.
There’s no hurry to be first in line. Be patient and see what the old man is up to......
I don’t want anyone buying something that they ultimately may not want.......My TRUTH SERIES can assist you in 4 ways.
1. Informative Information
2. Video Demo for CTE that can assist you with my book material.
3. The videos will serve as standardized material across the board as a model for endorsed instructors and for YOU as a student of CTE.
4. And last but not least, I promised in DVD1 and DVD2 that I would publish any new findings free and online. I will deliver. Your spent dollars mean something to me!!
Any lists that I have will remain intact.
Just paving the way forward a little bit!"

Is this not enough for you?

I remember this. It's a good idea. And I also remember stating that the book would probably have a lot of good info in it other than just CTE, due to Stan's experience in playing and teaching. I'm certainly not doubting the quality of his work. I can be very impartial and provide an honest review of anything with no alternative agenda other than my honest opinion.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I remember this. It's a good idea. And I also remember stating that the book would probably have a lot of good info in it other than just CTE, due to Stan's experience in playing and teaching. I'm certainly not doubting the quality of his work. I can be very impartial and provide an honest review of anything with no alternative agenda other than my honest opinion.

I gave my honest opinion of your Poolology and asked for your permission before I even started. You consented.

So I gave my honest opinion which was positive up to a point where things started breaking down with the system. I then continued to give my honest opinion.

I got a one month ban out of the clear blue sky. No warnings no nothing.

Will YOU get a ban? Maybe the lesson to be learned is honesty is NOT the best policy. (if it's anything else other than CTE then it's no holds barred)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
ROTFLMAO! This is priceless, like the two of you are conjoined at the hip. No question where you're aligned and where your allegiance is.

Guess what? A positive review will NEVER happen nor do I think it would be honest because there would be an ulterior motive to give the impression of honesty and then follow it up with a sledge hammer and atomic bomb at a later date.

Then it could be followed up with, "Gee, we were very honest with one part which means we were honest about all of it because that's just the kind of great guys we are.
We certainly wouldn't be honest about one part and then lie about another or distort it."

This is great example of what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

You have already decided that any review that's not 100% positive will be a bashing or an attack on Stan and his hard work. That's not realistic.

And the only place where I am "aligned" with anyone is in your mind. I've only been here for a year, and you are correct that I don't fully understand the history of the CTE wars, but what I do understand is this: Anyone that asks questions about CTE because they can't figure out one supposedly simple portion of it (regardless of whether they've purchased the DVDs or watched all of the YouTube clips or spent hours trying to figure it out on the table), they immediately look suspicious in your mind of being part of some anti-CTE "alliance". I know this from firsthand experience. If I could go back in time, I'd ask my questions once and accept whatever answers are given, regardless of sensibility or ambiguity, in order not to be labeled one way or the other.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

You have already decided that any review that's not 100% positive will be a bashing or an attack on Stan and his hard work. That's not realistic.

And the only place where I am "aligned" with anyone is in your mind. I've only been here for a year, and you are correct that I don't fully understand the history of the CTE wars, but what I do understand is this: Anyone that asks questions about CTE because they can't figure out one supposedly simple portion of it (regardless of whether they've purchased the DVDs or watched all of the YouTube clips or spent hours trying to figure it out on the table), they immediately look suspicious in your mind of being part of some anti-CTE "alliance". I know this from firsthand experience. If I could go back in time, I'd ask my questions once and accept whatever answers are given, regardless of sensibility or ambiguity, in order not to be labeled one way or the other.

And this post of yours is a GREAT EXAMPLE OF WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

PINNOCHIOISM AT IT'S FINEST!! LMAO

It's so much a part of your character you don't even know when you're doing it or are willing to admit.

This is all YOU need to wait for as well as the others who have the million "QUESTIONS".

Stan wrote here on AZ several times about creating THE TRUTH SERIES which will be posted on youtube, free of charge, so anyone can see them and then make a decision about buying the book.

He also wrote this on his FB profile on 19th of February:

"Many of you are lined up for my CTE book and I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. A lot of you have already been introduced to CTE to varying degrees. YOU know what you are getting into and I can assure you that you are getting into something good but don’t take my word for it.
HERE’S WHAT I SUGGEST AS A SAFETY NET IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR HARD-EARNED DOLLARS.
I will be frame-working CTE in every detail by way of a CTE TRUTH VIDEO SERIES.,Those videos, especially the first few, will allow anyone to see exactly what CTE is all about in never seen before detail.

CTE is odd and different at first. Before you leap, take a look at what’s going on and then you can be thoroughly informed as to whether you want to purchase or not.
There’s no hurry to be first in line. Be patient and see what the old man is up to......
I don’t want anyone buying something that they ultimately may not want.......My TRUTH SERIES can assist you in 4 ways.
1. Informative Information
2. Video Demo for CTE that can assist you with my book material.
3. The videos will serve as standardized material across the board as a model for endorsed instructors and for YOU as a student of CTE.
4. And last but not least, I promised in DVD1 and DVD2 that I would publish any new findings free and online. I will deliver. Your spent dollars mean something to me!!
Any lists that I have will remain intact.
Just paving the way forward a little bit!"

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I gave my honest opinion of your Poolology and asked for your permission before I even started. You consented.

So I gave my honest opinion which was positive up to a point where things started breaking down with the system. I then continued to give my honest opinion.

I got a one month ban out of the clear blue sky. No warnings no nothing.

Will YOU get a ban? Maybe the lesson to be learned is honesty is NOT the best policy. (if it's anything else other than CTE then it's no holds barred)

I don't know why you got banned. You can say anything you want about Poolology. I'm sure for many that read your derogatory ALL CAPS ranting, your opinion of my work will be viewed as simple negative bias.

Anyway, there is really nothing you can say about my book that hasn't already been said by myself and others who happen to have a more civil way of expressing ourselves. Like I've stated numerous times, the system in my book is geared toward helping players develop a natural feel for cut shots. It isn't meant to be a substitute for using your brain and learning how to play. Most people get that, and most find it very helpful for their game. And as you've stated, there will always be negative b*tching and whining about something. With Poolology, it's about 1 out of 10 that fit in that category.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know why you got banned.

I can certainly take a good guess who reported something and it stuck.

You can say anything you want about Poolology.

No I can't. It's been proven to be the case. Fact is, you could have done something differently with it to make the system almost untouchable from criticism, mathematically and geometrically more sound, and more accurate but you didn't think of it. I'm certainly not going to say what it is now or ever. But I'm serious.

I'm sure for many that read your derogatory ALL CAPS ranting, your opinion of my work will be viewed as simple negative bias.

I'll post any way I damn well please. One doesn't have to have ALL CAPS to be viewed as negative bias as you and others have proven with CTE.

Anyway, there is really nothing you can say about my book that hasn't already been said by myself and others who happen to have a more civil way of expressing ourselves.

I was civil. Got me banned.

Like I've stated numerous times, the system in my book is geared toward helping players develop a natural feel for cut shots.

I take that as meaning a NATURAL VISUAL for cut shots. The only true FEEL method for pool would be the BRAILLE AIMING SYSTEM.

It isn't meant to be a substitute for using your brain and learning how to play. Most people get that, and most find it very helpful for their game. And as you've stated, there will always be negative b*tching and whining about something. With Poolology, it's about 1 out of 10 that fit in that category.

Since only 20 people bought it, that's not bad. :grin:

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had a lot of questions about CTE, every one of them got answered to my liking, if it wasn't I continued asking over PM's, emails or FB, to Stan, Dave - SpiderWebComm, Neil, Bob Nunley, mohrt, and again every one of them got answered in a few different ways, I didn't get any answer that I'm suspicious or anything, and do you know why? Because I asked in a manner that I tried something and it didn't quite work out, how do I do this, did I do this wrong, etc., I didn't say this can't possibly work and then ask how it works and then ask for math formula, why? Because Stan said he didn't have one, multiple times, then why would I ask this.

Everything about how to use CTE is clear for me now and it works and I'm more than a happy camper, if it didn't finally work out then I would move to another aiming system until I'd found one that did. Sounds simple? You should all try it one time.

P.S. Everything that I did which didn't make CTE work before were my mistakes, my fundamentals weren't very good at times or my understanding of the system wasn't good because I didn't quite listen or heard everything Stan said on DVD's and on here, I maybe did one or two things right but forgot about third one etc., so my first instinct was NEVER to first blame the system, any system, I always knew its me and I was correct.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a lot of questions about CTE, every one of them got answered to my liking, if it wasn't I continued asking over PM's, emails or FB, to Stan, Dave - SpiderWebComm, Neil, Bob Nunley, mohrt, and again every one of them got answered in a few different ways, I didn't get any answer that I'm suspicious or anything, and do you know why? Because I asked in a manner that I tried something and it didn't quite work out, how do I do this, did I do this wrong, etc., I didn't say this can't possibly work and then ask how it works and then ask for math formula, why? Because Stan said he didn't have one, multiple times, then why would I ask this.

Everything about how to use CTE is clear for me now and it works and I'm more than a happy camper, if it didn't finally work out then I would move to another aiming system until I'd found one that did. Sounds simple? You should all try it one time.

P.S. Everything that I did which didn't make CTE work before were my mistakes, my fundamentals weren't very good at times or my understanding of the system wasn't good because I didn't quite listen or heard everything Stan said on DVD's and on here, I maybe did one or two things right but forgot about third one etc., so my first instinct was NEVER to first blame the system, any system, I always knew its me and I was correct.

I understand. I also tried and it didn't work. That's when I started asking questions, but answers like "you don't know what you're doing" or "take it to the table" or "you have to put in the time" etc....those aren't productive answers. Finally found Mohrt's website to be very helpful, about the most constructive answers I could get.

I have solid fundamentals and was trying to learn cte in an objective manner. But I found out there is an element of subjectivism that must be refined by the individual user. This doesn't make it bad, it just means you have to work on it. I was always under the impression that cte was as simple as pointing and shooting, and when it didn't work that easily I started questioning it. But all that is water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, because I've stated many times that I'm not interested in putting in the time to get cte working, I was only interested in understanding how it works.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand. I also tried and it didn't work. That's when I started asking questions, but answers like "you don't know what you're doing" or "take it to the table" or "you have to put in the time" etc....those aren't productive answers. Finally found Mohrt's website to be very helpful, about the most constructive answers I could get.

I have solid fundamentals and was trying to learn cte in an objective manner. But I found out there is an element of subjectivism that must be refined by the individual user. This doesn't make it bad, it just means you have to work on it. I was always under the impression that cte was as simple as pointing and shooting, and when it didn't work that easily I started questioning it. But all that is water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, because I've stated many times that I'm not interested in putting in the time to get cte working, I was only interested in understanding how it works.

There is no element of subjectivism in CTE, totally objective, we're all doing the same things, if it didn't work for you it was subjective for you because you did it wrong.

I suggest you leave it at this, is it ever possible for you to not have the last word?

Thank you in advance!

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
There is no element of subjectivism in CTE, totally objective, we're all doing the same things, if it didn't work for you it was subjective for you because you did it wrong.

I suggest you leave it at this, is it ever possible for you to not have the last word?

Thank you in advance!

You may be right....I haven't put in the time needed for cte. From listening and watching and reading different people's uses of the system, I simply noticed there is some branching out going on -- where one player has his own way of doing cte that is slightly different than another. I mean, just watch Bob Nunley then watch John Barton. That's the only reason that I suspect there is a certain element one figures out on their own over time.

And I thought we were having a conversation about aiming, not an argument where anybody has to "have the last word". Why is it that every conversation between cte users and non-cte users or people trying to learn cte always leads to agitation? It's not like we're debating religion or politics. The conversation does not have to automatically turn into an argument.

Sorry if I offended you.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be right....I haven't put in the time needed for cte. From listening and watching and reading different people's uses of the system, I simply noticed there is some branching out going on -- where one player has his own way of doing cte that is slightly different than another. I mean, just watch Bob Nunley then watch John Barton. That's the only reason that I suspect there is a certain element one figures out on their own over time.

And I thought we were having a conversation about aiming, not an argument where anybody has to "have the last word". Why is it that every conversation between cte users and non-cte users or people trying to learn cte always leads to agitation? It's not like we're debating religion or politics. The conversation does not have to automatically turn into an argument.

Sorry if I offended you.

There, you can have the last word, again.