Rusted Leg Levelers on Gold Crown I

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sprayed WD40 on them but one nut won't budge from midway on a bolt, and two bolts won't travel deep into the threads in the feet. How far do the nuts and bolts have to go during leveling? I don't want this to be an issue when I have the table set up.
Thanks.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I sprayed WD40 on them but one nut won't budge from midway on a bolt, and two bolts won't travel deep into the threads in the feet. How far do the nuts and bolts have to go during leveling? I don't want this to be an issue when I have the table set up.
Thanks.

How far they travel, is all dependent on how level your floor is..

I am going to make the assumption that the issue is not because your threads are damaged..

You could try using a bit of heat, to get the nut freed up.

Or, you could double-up two nuts at the end of the threaded rod, and put a wrench on them, to allow you to remove the nut that's stuck.

If you are having trouble threading the rods into the feet, the same double-nut trick will work for inserting the rods.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the nut free using a rubberized clamp, because the doubled nut moved almost as easily as a single nut.

Now that the bolts and nuts are free to move I'm curious how the leg leveling is supposed to happen. There is a bolt without ends, a nut, the threaded foot, and a threaded sleeve that is screwed into the legs with a single screw.

The single screw in each leg portion was loose and allowed the threaded sleeve to move up and down a bit. Is this right or should the sleeve be tightly screwed into the leg portions?

Should the bolts be screwed all the way into the legs until they hit the wooden stop?

What is the proper way to level with this system?

And is it okay to use the levelers to add overall table height or is it ill advised and should shims be used instead?

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may not be true...

While the early Gold Crowns did not have adjustable feet, the later ones did, prior to the release of the Gold Crown II.

My present GC I has leg levelers as originally issued. A GC I I owned back in the '70s did not.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Does it weaken the pedestals when you drill em out ?

No, but the non adjustable feet stand shorter than the adjustable feet do, so not only does the pedestals have to be drilled out to insert the coupling, the insde shoulder has to be drilled deeper as well.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
No, but the non adjustable feet stand shorter than the adjustable feet do, so not only does the pedestals have to be drilled out to insert the coupling, the insde shoulder has to be drilled deeper as well.

Thx.............