Brunswick centurion questions

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
I just picked up a used centurion, and the slate has some good chips at the seams. What is my best option here, fixed the chips with something before putting table together, or just use bondo on the seams, I usually use wax, but never had chips like this before. Everybody is on a diamond craze, is there away to make these tables play more like a diamond, maybe use a different cushion profile and double or triple shim the pockets. Also the wood has come off the back of some of the slate, what is the best glue to use to put back on. All and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Also looking for a ball return kit for this model 9ft

Last edited:

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
Could someone at least point me in a direction of the ball return kit, the rest I'll figure out

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Call your local Brunswick dealer about a return kit. I am pretty sure it will be very pricey buying the tracks and gully's from them. They still produce that table.

As for the rest of it, get all the wax off with turpentine. Use bondo to fix all the spots and then also use bondo to do the seams when you reassemble the table.

Loctite makes some amazing construction adhesive, dont use too much, wanna have the backers as flat on the back of the slates as possible.

Trent from Toledo

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The current cushions are K55 Superspeed. You cannot change the profile without doing extensive rail work, nor would you want to. If you want the table to bank short and springy, you could install Artemis cushions, but the table really isn't worth the investment, nor will it play exactly like a Diamond.

As far as tightening the pockets, you could extend the sub-rails (which requires cushion replacement). Or, you could opt for the more economical route of adding thicker facings. Either way, you should adjust the angles of the pocket openings.

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
I'm over the cushion profile change, dum idea, I'm just going to get the superspeed, and probably double shim the pockets and put on 760, this is for a local club , and I've done probably half a dozen tables, but never a 9ft, they don't have alot of money, I got the table cheap, just trying to help them out, I know guys don't like giving free advise, but the only local billiard place, I guy retired acouple years back, and there is no one doing it. Any certain type of Bondo and hardner , I've only used wax

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'm over the cushion profile change, dum idea, I'm just going to get the superspeed, and probably double shim the pockets and put on 760, this is for a local club , and I've done probably half a dozen tables, but never a 9ft, they don't have alot of money, I got the table cheap, just trying to help them out, I know guys don't like giving free advise, but the only local billiard place, I guy retired acouple years back, and there is no one doing it. Any certain type of Bondo and hardner , I've only used wax
A better option for chips, gouges and scrapes out in the playing field (not seams or screw holes) is a dental impression product called Whip Mix Jade Stone. Mix it up, smear it in defects and level with a razor blade before it hardens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk