Mezz Power Break Kai or Mezz Power Break II

TomK5

Registered
I need help which break cue choose. I want to buy Mezz Power Break Kai with Deep Impact II shaft or Mezz Power Break II with Deep Impact II shaft. Please give some feedback about these cues.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need help which break cue choose. I want to buy Mezz Power Break Kai with Deep Impact II shaft or Mezz Power Break II with Deep Impact II shaft. Please give some feedback about these cues.

I'm very impressed with mine as is everyone that has tried it. The price does put some people off though.

Keith

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Mezz Power Break 2 cue with a Deep Impact 1 shaft.
I also tried on Mezz PB 2 butt the Deep Impact 2 shaft and can say that the cue performs very very well. DI 2 shaft makes the break even easier and it's certainly an upgrade from DI1.

I also tried (about 15 break shots) Mezz Kai with DI2 shaft. Cue feels great, but in comparison with PB2 it have somehow a hollow feeling.
PB2 have a more compact feeling, but that can be only my perception due to fact that I get used to PB 2.

If you are a tall man PB2 cue will not be an option, because it is shorter about 10 cm than Kai cue. I am 1.75 m tall, and i'm very happy with my Mezz PB2 cue.

IMHO even if the cues have same very good break, Mezz Power Break 2 cue have 2 advantages:
1) It's shorter, so you can use it in places where you don't have a lot of space around table (it saved me couple time in tournaments, when I put my playing shaft on PB 2 butt and was able to shoot normal stroke, instead, my opponent every time had problems with cueball near the rail).
2) Sometimes you can use it for jump shots (especial long jumps), if you don't have your jump cue.

TomK5

Registered
Hi Alexandru,

Thank You for the feedback. I think I will go with the classics and purchase Mezz Power Break Kai with Deep Impact II shaft. I am little bit afraid that Mezz Power Break II will not suitable for me.

Tom