Bumping threads

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Bumping creates Action, and a constant new look to page 1..

I'm CONSTANTLY checking out Azb Wanted/For Sale 6-8 times a day easily..
I'm sure a lot of guys that have the freedom do also...

The whole idea of the forum is exposure..
Getting people to come back, or stay logged on..

Because most folks can check the for sale stuff all day. Thus, the guy who gets home at work can still see what is for sale that day, he didn't miss anything, and the seller now has another possible customer.

Now, if someone has the time, all day, to review the for sale ads for hours at a time, it won't kill him to go to page 2.

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those of you who have been searching for that "monster," you've found it. This section is no longer recognizable and has morphed into something that benefits no one.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Because most folks can check the for sale stuff all day. Thus, the guy who gets home at work can still see what is for sale that day, he didn't miss anything, and the seller now has another possible customer.

Now, if someone has the time, all day, to review the for sale ads for hours at a time, it won't kill him to go to page 2.

Like in their newspaper............

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not so sure there is any benefit of Panjo listings being integrated with the For Sale forum, but I see no problem with the default view which shows threads/ads in the order they were posted.

The old system of showing bumped ads on page 1 merely makes this not a "For Sale" forum but an "Unsold Forum".

Remove the Panjo listings and all of the ads new and old can be easily seen.

Jay

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New forum

I like the new changes. I am one that checks the forum 10 times per day but now I can pop in and see whats new in 15 seconds. Before, I would have to go through 15 posts to find 1 new post. If there is a cue I'm interest in, I make a note of it and go to the thread once a day to see if there has been a price drop, etc.

I also hope it will encourage folks to price their cues fairly from the start instead of asking 3 times the price knowing they and their friends can bump it telling them how special it is every 30 minutes. We know the market is soft. If you want to sell here, price your cue that way and let's go...

Seems pretty easy to me.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I agree, I like to pop in and out while at work to see if anything NEW has been posted. Then when I get home I can go back and change the Display Sorting to see what might have been bumped/updated.

I like the new changes. I am one that checks the forum 10 times per day but now I can pop in and see whats new in 15 seconds. Before, I would have to go through 15 posts to find 1 new post. If there is a cue I'm interest in, I make a note of it and go to the thread once a day to see if there has been a price drop, etc.

I also hope it will encourage folks to price their cues fairly from the start instead of asking 3 times the price knowing they and their friends can bump it telling them how special it is every 30 minutes. We know the market is soft. If you want to sell here, price your cue that way and let's go...

Seems pretty easy to me.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this would be fine, but I think other people should be able to post on your threads, but not make it bump the thread.

The one item, in my opinion, that was lost back when the 48hr rule and the fear of being banned for it went into effect, was the discussion that went on on a thread.

People should be able to ask questions, state they like the cue, etc, but only the OP's 48hr bump should cause the thread to be bumped to the top. If there is a charge for that, fine...that would CERTAINLY slow down the bumpage.

One thing you have to admit...AZB is ahead of its time. Most sites are trying to get more action on their websites, and AZB is having to slow their action down.

Joe

I missed your post Joe..
You get it....

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hate the new implementation. The marketplace needs lotta actions, why is az slowing down the action and this will make people have duplicate threads for the same item as they want their post up.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I kind agree about action in the section. The wanted/for sale section has seemed to change for the worse in the last few years, and some kind of change is probably needed. I enjoyed selling and buying cues, and did it as a hobby. There seems to be a lot more dealer types in the last few years on here. It actually took much of the excitement away for me. I feel like great deals are few and far between now, and I barely check out this section anymore.

I like the idea of being able to comment on someone's thread without it being bumped. There were many times recently that I wanted to just say something nice about someone's cue or case, but would have to wait a day or so, so I wouldn't get in trouble. Even before all these bumping rules and whatnot, I always tried to be courteous. If everyone was courteous to others, we would not have these problems...but that is never going to happen.:(

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this.....I am logging on less and less as each day goes by.. It's just not doin it for me anymore.. Bummer.....

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know this.....I am logging on less and less as each day goes by.. It's just not doin it for me anymore.. Bummer.....

Same here. I hate going onto the wanted/for sale section as soon as the "latest thread started" thing is implemented. Bring back the old AZ!!!!

Tittyhooked

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I used to visit the section many times a day. This week i deleted my link from my favorites to the wanted for sale section.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It Wasn't Broke!

Bring back the old az ASAP!
Agreed, there is little enough action in pool without this change, and I generally like change, but this is a poor idea at best. Bump away, I enjoy reading them. Pretty easy to skip over the items that are not of interest. Not a problem for me.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Agreed.

I made a mistake, apparently a GIANT one by not fully understanding how Panjo posts. I thought the Panjo Classifieds section was a new SEPARATE section that you post in and I didn't know that it MERGES with the WANTED/FOR SALE section. IT IS A SEPARATE PLACE ON AZ FROM THE NORMAL SECTION. So I posted my cues there not knowing this and got BLASTED by 50 people saying I was jamming up the Wanted/For Sale section hogging it.

I received TONS of negative remarks due to the confusion and now I just feel like a jerk. I DID APOLOGIZE at least 4 times sincerely in the main forum where I was being put on blast with another good member in the main forum. I didn't even know until a custom cuemaker friend gave me a heads up.

I have ALWAYS been conscious of my bumps and posts to others but I guess it doesn't matter here. I fully understand you don't get three strikes in this industry and I won't risk my reputation.

All in all, now I just don't feel confident or comfortable posting, bumping or browsing at all.

Pretty bummed out.

My thoughts on fixing it:
Go back to the old system and ONLY allow threads to be bumped every 48 hours. Limit threads being posted by gold membership (5 posts at one time) or not (no gold gets you 1-2). Maybe a price range filter.

Pretty simple.