why everyone should learn one pocket

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Copies of my book, "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression" are still available.
Endorsed by Billy Incardona
Scott Frost
Shannon Daulton
And many other top rated One Pocket players

Contact me at; trwirth369@gmail.com.

Attachments

• cover page - Copy (2) - Copy.JPG
    cover page - Copy (2) - Copy.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 166

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Copies of my book, "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression" are still available.
Endorsed by Billy Incardona
Scott Frost
Shannon Daulton
And many other top rated One Pocket players

Contact me at; trwirth369@gmail.com.

Glad to see it is still available. Thanks again for the hard and dedicated work you put into it. It’s a book that keeps on giving forever.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Definitely a game I need and want to learn.

If you cannot find someone to get you started.... find someone and start together. I began with 3 guys that never played. We played partners and had a blast. From there I decided to find an instructor. Be warned. Once you cross the line there is only 1 way out. (8nOut). The game does not leave the mind. You’ll constantly think about what you did right and wrong. It’s a never ending never to be mastered game. It’s gets in your blood.... and you’re doomed to a lifetime of challenging fun.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you cannot find someone to get you started.... find someone and start together. I began with 3 guys that never played. We played partners and had a blast. From there I decided to find an instructor and go from there. Be warned. Once you cross the line there is only 1 way out. (8nOut). The game does not leave the mind. You’ll constantly think about what you did right and wrong. It’s a never ending never to be mastered game. It’s gets in your blood.... and you’re doomed to a lifetime of challenging fun.
Running all the balls on the table into 1 hole will make you feel like a badass, pretty much irrespective of how many balls it was!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Running all the balls on the table into 1 hole will make you feel like a badass, pretty much irrespective of how many balls it was!

Definitely a great feeling. It's that one shot that opens the door to the runout...and the beat goes on.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One Pocket can be a heartbreaker..... it reflects life ain't fair sometimes.

Here's how that goes. My wife had tickets to see a show today with her friend. I was suppose to play with Tom Wirth today. Around 9:30 her friend cancels because she is sick. My wife asked me to go... I tell her to make about 100 calls and find someone else, Nobody is available so I get the look. Because I'm a nice guy and good husband I reluctantly go with her. I hated the 1st half...sat and tried to sleep...wore ear plugs. The second half I tell her to enjoy as I'm staying in the lobby until the show is over. Could not handle the music...very opera....sucking my cars tailpipe would have been more entertaining.
I missed my afternoon of 1P. I missed playing with Tom. If I had the option to play or get divorced I would have played pool. If anyone has the opportunity to meet, play, take a lesson from Tom jump on it. You'll go back for more...and more. 1P does not get old...just gets better. I'm damaged from what happened today. I hate to cry but I am.

Does anyone else have any real stories about missing your afternoon or evening of 1P.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well after all this talk I went in for a trim with Toms ole buddy and my mentor Reggie playing the usual 5 even he wins 5 in a row and misses a 2 rail for 6 I 2 rail the ball he left and fire in a long cut shot for the win he drops his head
I said god dam Reggie relax its only one game lol. played one more lost had to go pick up my daughter
beating a player of equal ability is nice beating a player with a spot is good
Playing with a guy Reggie's speed on the cheap and even winning one is priceless

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, done Mark, I'm glad you have a good time playing Reggie B. Not only is Reggie a fine One Pocket play, even at his age. He is a gentleman through and through. He's fun to play too.

Thank you for all the kind words and hope to see you before too much time passes. Say hi to everyone. I miss the action, wolfing, and just plane comaraderie with you all.

Tom

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Frank, don't worry, we'll make up the time somehow. Good move with the ear plugs. Think how much worse it might have been. Marsha owes you big time!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Me, I'm still messing with those bathroom tiles. I found a new problem but I can handle it. Just call me "Tommy, the fix it his way guy". To put it another way, I don't think you would want me as your handyman. :)

I should stick to One Pocket.

Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Frank, don't worry, we'll make up the time somehow. Good move with the ear plugs. Think how much worse it might have been. Marsha owes you big time!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Me, I'm still messing with those bathroom tiles. I found a new problem but I can handle it. Just call me "Tommy, the fix it his way guy". To put it another way, I don't think you would want me as your handyman. :)

I should stick to One Pocket.

Tom
So... you paid a price for me cancelling. Decided to call catch up on some housework. I’ll take responsibility for this.
You seem to handle projects like you handle one pocket. You figure things out.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So... you paid a price for me cancelling. Decided to call catch up on some housework. I’ll take responsibility for this.
You seem to handle projects like you handle one pocket. You figure things out.

Damn, you made enough trouble for two days.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, done Mark, I'm glad you have a good time playing Reggie B. Not only is Reggie a fine One Pocket play, even at his age. He is a gentleman through and through. He's fun to play too.

Thank you for all the kind words and hope to see you before too much time passes. Say hi to everyone. I miss the action, wolfing, and just plane comaraderie with you all.

Tom

Not always a good time lol Reggie hates to lose even for 5 and he will almost always take the one pocket shot , early on he would say I'd be carful scrambling those eggs he does not do that any more if I'm going to learn it's going to be me paying attention and plenty of 5s ,lol
I choose this path instead of lessons or getting spots by better players because I figured it to be a faster way to improve, I might be 3-4 hundred down but it's highly unlikely I'd learn as much any other way as fast
Reggie once got off a bus and walked back a half mile or so to play me , who does that for maybe winning 40 , who does that ? He does ! It's priceless,
I've played Bo a few times but he will take flyers and not always the one pocket shot cause he's got pockets full of money ,,
I told him I'd take 11-8 for more he told me I'm never getting that game guess I've showed some improvement lol
Kick myself in the head for not playing one pocket with you a world of knowledge at my finger tips before I got married and stopped playing for 10 yrs , but I loved watching you Bo and Ed playing at Bill n Billy's
I'd love to see you and Reggie play in the once a month 100 entry 16 player field at Qball 1 just one time I'd put him in if he ain't got it , you too for that matter

Hope to see you soon

Mark