Questions for Mike Dechaine

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
If its a perfect rack he makes his opponent get out of his chair and re-rack:smile:

Really...lol

I tried this once.

Hey you know before we start this match the table dosnt rack the balls tight especialy in the front ,its ok good luck...shoot well.

Wait ,wait you know since your going to give me a bad rack could you aleast tell me where the gap is on the one ball,left side just tap the table with your left hand right side same thing,a gap on both sides just raise your arms and kinda make like a feild goal post sign...thanks man...good luck.
It worked like a charm.:D

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Now now, lets not mislead the innocent bistanders , jt luvs a perfect rack.

Joe pm the answer for the 9ball rack.(a perfect rack)
I have your your older racking secrets dvds not sure you covered the perfect rack did you?If so i need to get it out and watch it.

If you got some new info on the rack(9ball) I dont mind paying for it.

Joe T

Yea RS1 was mostly how to take advantage of racks with spaces. Thats kind of funny, you would think with all the blabbin I did I might have taken the time to say "hey by the way if the rack is perfect look how easy this is" lol. RSII I covered some 9B options with a trained table or magic rack in play, breakin from the box and worked over to the side rail.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
In 9 ball, a perfect rack makes the wing ball dead. Sardo taught us that and it has been reconfirmed many times -- Magic Rack, tapping the balls, etc. If the wing ball doesn't go, your opponent has given you a loose rack. That's been known pretty well for at least 10 years.

Actually speed, angle of hit, and english ruins this theory.

I have been doing R&D for the last 8 months on new templates that make fair and consistent racks without making the wing ball dead. On a perfect rack you can over hit the rack and watch the wingball hit the side rail because the ball behind it never got out of the way.... You under hit it and forward roll on the wingball may make it miss on the end rail side....

Joe T exposed the flaws of the diamond shaped rack but you still have to be able to hit the break consistently to get good results sans the magic rack or deeply tapped balls (sardo)....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually speed, angle of hit, and english ruins this theory. ...
I shouldn't have implied that the shot is totally automatic. Clearly you have to hit close to the right place on the one ball and something about the right speed. It seems like both of those requirements are well within the reach of most tournament players.

Glad to hear that someone is doing a careful study. How does side spin seem to affect the tight-rack break?