2016 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 run

I ran 57 on June 25, 2016. Maybe a coincidence or maybe not, but it is same day my wife was released from the hospital after a lengthy and challenging time.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I ran 57 on June 25, 2016. Maybe a coincidence or maybe not, but it is same day my wife was released from the hospital after a lengthy and challenging time.

I always have my best runs when there are hardly any stressful things in my life. A couple of years ago I returned from a vacation and after having not touched my cue for 3 weeks I ran 70-something on my first inning. Strangely, the stress in my life seems to hit hardest on my straight pool. Great run and I hope your wife is better now.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member

Good job, Hal and I hope your wife is doing well.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member

107 just a few minutes ago. Involuntarily quit playing over half a year ago and started again a couple of weeks ago, so first three-digit run this year, other best runs a 73, 71 and 63 so far. Missed an off-angle combo after grazing off instead of hitting a cluster head-on, trying to make too sure I'd not get stuck. But happy enough as I wasn't feeling too confident after a break of several months, went straight home and made myself a caipirinha. :)

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
29 Today

Had a secondary combination break shot, made it, scattered everything, and the cue ball was kissed into the corner. I was pissed!

-dj

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
107 just a few minutes ago. Involuntarily quit playing over half a year ago and started again a couple of weeks ago, so first three-digit run this year, other best runs a 73, 71 and 63 so far. Missed an off-angle combo after grazing off instead of hitting a cluster head-on, trying to make too sure I'd not get stuck. But happy enough as I wasn't feeling too confident after a break of several months, went straight home and made myself a caipirinha. :)

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

David, great to hear that you are able to play again and a nice run you made, sir! Feels good, doesn't it? :smile:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
David, great to hear that you are able to play again and a nice run you made, sir! Feels good, doesn't it? :smile:

Thanks as always for the encouragement, my friend!

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ran 8 during practice today.

I really need to get a lesson soon. Everyone tells me I shoot straight and I have an idea of what I am doing, but the fundamentals aren't there. if i can get that stuff down I'll probably be running a few more.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
ran 8 during practice today.

I really need to get a lesson soon. Everyone tells me I shoot straight and I have an idea of what I am doing, but the fundamentals aren't there. if i can get that stuff down I'll probably be running a few more.

Be sure to get a lesson soon. It is going to feel like a loss of time if you delay, sticking to bad habits, as it were, instead of using your valuable practice time to improve your game! Find an instructor who knows about fundamentals, the Alpha and Omega of pocket billiards. And keep practicing and having fun!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Dang nice!

last week first time running a whole rack since the break from pool,and completely missed the rack

today I got 13 and 14,probably won't get over 20 until I get a pool table at home again,

I only get about 5hrs on the weekend to play at slick Willie's

I'm hitting up Mark finkelstein for another lesson when he comes through next yr

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I ran an 86 a few months ago back in mid April but did not post it because the room I play at would not post it on their high run board because the run was not during a game, although 20 balls of it was and I kept going...I think theirs some sort of political conspiracy going on there...

So if you can, can you put it up. If not no sweat !!!

Thanks Andy

Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I ran an 86 a few months ago back in mid April but did not post it because the room I play at would not post it on their high run board because the run was not during a game, although 20 balls of it was and I kept going...I think theirs some sort of political conspiracy going on there...

So if you can, can you put it up. If not no sweat !!!

Thanks Andy

Steve

Three months after the fact?!

I suspect the statute of limitations has run on that particular outing, but, as always, will leave it to Andy.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Three months after the fact?!

I suspect the statute of limitations has run on that particular outing, but, as always, will leave it to Andy.

i could of sworn that i had either posted it or PM'd andy when it happened.

Regardless, it doesnt really matter. I am more bummed that in my home room they will not post this on the board because of said reason.

Meanwhile like i said about the politics, just two weeks ago a player raised the bar on his number from like 73 to 88 of which 35 was in the game and continued on, and they put that number up. Who know's maybe they are trying to push me to do better, since many have said there that my number should be in the upper tiers of the board, somewhere in the 130-140ish range. So that being said, i will not change my number there until that happens !!

Andy, you can go ahead and leave my number where it is, i am fine with that !

-Steve

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member

Late-night run of 113 just a few minutes ago (not at the pool hall, so no video, sorry!). All I had after the break was a pretty straightforward bank, but with tough position play, so I still managed to miss it. Wondering if I didn't forget to move the coin earlier in the run (at 42), so it may have been a run of 127, but can't be sure. Hot and sticky due to warm weather, tough to get the rack to open up on break shots, not too great for my brain either, it seems… :rolleyes:

(Too bad I'm not participating in the Seniors EC anymore, not in the form of my life, of course, but would sure love to be able to play Straight Pool other than to occasionally practice by myself… Blimey, a kingdom for a league, LOL!)

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
please put me down for a 37, Sunday, Aug 31.

*finally* getting some consistent decent numbers on this table after it was redone. GCII, 4.5" pockets and i swear the facings are cement board... need to play on a Diamond to relax a little!

there's video, but it's not pretty.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
please put me down for a 37, Sunday, Aug 31.

*finally* getting some consistent decent numbers on this table after it was redone. GCII, 4.5" pockets and i swear the facings are cement board... need to play on a Diamond to relax a little!

there's video, but it's not pretty.

Nicely done my friend !!!

Sure we'd love to all see it

-Steve

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During a thunderstorm

Lightning must have hit my cue...an uncharacteristic 39!

If lightning strikes twice maybe I'll do it again.

Last edited: