• Yes

Votes: 51 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 45.7%

• Total voters

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
This is an Anonymous Poll no one will see your selection.

Please comment so we can keep this up on the Main Forum for awhile so we can see the results as this is to gauge how people feel about supporting a Pro Tour.

The Question is:

Would you give a small amount say $10 a year ongoing to an organization designed to support a Pro Tour?

We already know that this would only help Pro Pool. Just asking to see what happens here.

It's either yes or no but please make comments to keep it going for awhile.

I am editing this post thusly:

I have made no qualifications to this scenario such as 501-c3, or this is a fee to get you anything or priviledge or pay per view rights etc.

Its just if you could chip in $10 a year and that would take care of funding a pro tour.....Would you do it as a contributor and feel good about it?

Who knows what happens after it?

Last edited:

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no, but maybe

As a retired local govt employee (accountant) I was always amazed at how much "administrative" costs are charged to, and deducted from the funding for programs

I have the same concerns about charitable donations

This tour support would have to be managed by someone with the very highest reputation and the most transparent, public release of information on the use of funds.

Probably too much to ask for a $10.00 donation...

Oddly enough I always try to throw a few dollars to the junior pool thread here on azb

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m all alone in the YES category...am I in troub for not remaining anonymous? I’d give $10 a month no problem if there was a legit organization putting on something like the euro tour. As long as I was on some kind of list allowing me decent seating at any event they put together.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the money has some kind of benefit, sure. Lots of people pay for membership to the USGA in return for some cheap goodies.

If it's just a $10 donation to prop up the tour without anything in return then I doubt many people will be interested in that.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an Anonymous Poll no one will see your selection.

Please comment so we can keep this up on the Main Forum for awhile so we can see the results as this is to gauge how people feel about supporting a Pro Tour.

The Question is:

Would you give a small amount say $10 a year ongoing to an organization designed to support a Pro Tour?

We already know that this would only help Pro Pool. Just asking to see what happens here.

It's either yes or no but please make comments to keep it going for awhile.

I'm WAY over library quiet spectators. Pool needs rowdy loud crowds with beers in their hands. A new pro tour should be sponsored by FUN, not a stupid subscription.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
As an automobile assembler for 30 years, obviously I built cars for a living.

Try living your life WITHOUT automobiles in it. Now, try living your life without pool in it.

Which one worked out better for you?

I never got one single donation from anybody in the whole thirty years I worked.

'Nuff said.

Maniac

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
As a donation? Maybe. Depends on how legit the people running it seem. I would be much less suspicious of it and more willing to buy in if it was a bit more, maybe $5 a month and you get something in return like members only live streamed challenge matches, q&a, podcasts, etc.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I appreciate the replies and candid answers. I voted in these totals. Keep
them coming because they mean more when we have more people voting. This poll
does not expire.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No. I will continue to support events by attending them, pandemics permitting, and donating to prize funds.

I would be happy to join the NGB (national governing body) if the US had one that had player memberships. Sadly, there is no such body in the US for pool. Presumably it would support top events in the US.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
It's my hope that one day that organization will rise. I understand the BCA
selling the Pool Leagues and at that time they got out of all of it but I think they lost out
on a great opportunity. I grew up looking up to the BCA. That was the top of the heap in
Pool. Their decision to be a trade organization only in my opinion wasn't the best one
for the entire industry but a lot of time has passed and our challenges today have also
changed. It's been said we need a new ambassador. That might be true.
There are quite a few possibles with each person that becomes a member.

No. I will continue to support events by attending them, pandemics permitting, and donating to prize funds.

I would be happy to join the NGB (national governing body) if the US had one that had player memberships. Sadly, there is no such body in the US for pool. Presumably it would support top events in the US.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Is it a 501(c)3 with transparent accounting? I have no interest in paying your salary, it would end up needing to be volunteer work until the organization was self-sustaining

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Is it a 501(c)3 with transparent accounting? I have no interest in paying your salary, it would end up needing to be volunteer work until the organization was self-sustaining

This isn't me doing anything. It's just a hypothetical question to gauge how folks feel about it.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This isn't me doing anything. It's just a hypothetical question to gauge how folks feel about it.

It was the royal you

For anyone trying to spearhead this, they need to be willing to work and be very transparent

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Exactly. I understood what you meant but I wanted to clear up any misconceptions others might draw from it.

The poll could provide some interesting data though. Maybe someone who might be the
guy to do something like this would see it and be attracted by it. So far its a split which I think is positive.

It was the royal you

For anyone trying to spearhead this, they need to be willing to work and be very transparent

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm WAY over library quiet spectators. Pool needs rowdy loud crowds with beers in their hands. A new pro tour should be sponsored by FUN, not a stupid subscription.

The Waste Management Phoenix Open, known as “The Greatest Show on Grass,” held at TPC Scottsdale annually in early February. The WMPO is the best-attended golf tournament in the world with more than 700,000 fans in attendance.

The fans swizzle beer, interact with the players, screams their heads off AND, the players love it.

Make no mistake, I love the Masters and all the other majors but this tournament is incredible in a different way.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I voted yes....and I would give more...if I had confidence on how it was being handled.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If the money has some kind of benefit, sure. Lots of people pay for membership to the USGA in return for some cheap goodies.

If it's just a $10 donation to prop up the tour without anything in return then I doubt many people will be interested in that.

Praised be the voice of reason. Unless pool is prepared to give back in some way to a person that supports them, it is nothing more than a charity.

Admittedly, pro pool is s a charity I've given lots and lots and lots of money to over the years and I'll continue to do so, but I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to give to pool as well as many other worthy charities.

Facing the cold hard truth, though, the list of causes that are more worthy of charitable contributions than pro pool is a very long one indeed, and it's hard to understand why many individuals would choose to give to pool and expect nothing in return, not even a tax break.