If Pool Rooms/Bars Opened Monday 5/4/2020 , post Covid 19 would you come if.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you have to wear a mask and glove to play pool then pool is probably not that important.

It's just like APA to start. :angry:

Stay safe. Stay home.

Our entire team declined even though we were in 1st place. I don't think they will legally be open here in California in the short term anyway.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our entire team declined even though we were in 1st place. I don't think they will legally be open here in California in the short term anyway.

You guys have strong character and integrity. I know it sucks to have a lock down but you guys declined while being in 1st place.

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:I'm in the high risk group as well. I'm not anxious to die, I've gotten through several plagues since the '50s(was in classes with victims of polio). I listen to "experts" with varying theories and predictions of where this covid 19 is going.
I think we all need to recall some of the past pandemics. This one is probably worse than some, not as bad as others. I read an interesting article at AIER by Jeffrey Tucker, it helped me to realize that we've been here before and gotten through several plagues without so much of the irrational panic. Yes, I think most of what is in the media is perpetuating panic. I'm not going to panic.
I'll play pool when they open and as always, give people their personal space.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No everyone has to be president in English, and Punctuation. That what Editor are for. Also I am thankful not everyone has a PHD, as we need strong people to pickup trash.

BTW I would if your Mommie is proud of her rude offspring?

The point that people are educated about things is true though.

Those who aren't probably shouldn't go around discussing as if they are...especially if they lack comprehension of basic matters.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
:scratchhead:I'm in the high risk group as well. I'm not anxious to die, I've gotten through several plagues since the '50s(was in classes with victims of polio). I listen to "experts" with varying theories and predictions of where this covid 19 is going.
I think we all need to recall some of the past pandemics. This one is probably worse than some, not as bad as others. I read an interesting article at AIER by Jeffrey Tucker, it helped me to realize that we've been here before and gotten through several plagues without so much of the irrational panic. Yes, I think most of what is in the media is perpetuating panic. I'm not going to panic.
I'll play pool when they open and as always, give people their personal space.

I think what caused me to panic was the loaded refrigerator trucks outside the hospital in Queens and all the sacks being stacked in there. They were out of body bags because of the run so they used Glad extra force trash bags, doubled up. Actually, what bothered me more was the truck said "Tyson Fresh Meat". You know, shortages. Anyway, I went back to my room at the Trump, my heart racing, and turned on FOX News (our channel at the hotel) to see that everything was just fine that the politicians had it under control. I cancelled my mask and hand sanitizer order the "experts" recommended because they apparently are for liberal cowards now. I discovered I'm fine since I'm not in a risk group and I'm MAGA. I can shed all I want, just won't die from it.

Play some cheap 9 ball partner?

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It would have to be cheap 9ball. I love the game just not into giving money away. :)

Ha ha i'm just jiving you. We've had so many different responses it's hard not to joke a little. The one that baffles me is why some people refuse to wear masks. I just read this article - gives me a pretty good idea. I think as more people get used to it there will be less resistance.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/health/why-people-dont-wear-masks-wellness-trnd/index.html

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha i'm just jiving you. We've had so many different responses it's hard not to joke a little. The one that baffles me is why some people refuse to wear masks. I just read this article - gives me a pretty good idea. I think as more people get used to it there will be less resistance.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/health/why-people-dont-wear-masks-wellness-trnd/index.html

it truly is a shame that people might require such coddling to do their own part(s) to help minimize the viral impact .

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
No everyone has to be prefect in English, and Punctuation. That what Editors are for, they Editor make good writter look better. Also I am thankful not everyone has a PHD, as we need strong people to pickup trash.

BTW I would if your Mommie is proud of her rude offspring?

Do you also complain if people in America can't speak English fluently? You clearly have an issue with the language, yourself

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Anyway, I went back to my room at the Trump, my heart racing, and turned on FOX News (our channel at the hotel) to see that everything was just fine that the politicians had it under control. I cancelled my mask and hand sanitizer order the "experts" recommended because they apparently are for liberal cowards now. I discovered I'm fine since I'm not in a risk group and I'm MAGA. I can shed all I want, just won't die from it.

Thank goodness you've "real eyesd" the light. :D

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
The fact that the drive to the pool hall is equally as dangerous as the virus for healthy people under 65 should speak volumes, but it doesn't. Puppets will be puppets.

For those who may not be aware, AZ has a very active pool community. A dozen or more people have been hosting matches and live streams from their homes from the beginning of the hoax. No one has gotten sick or died. If the halls require all sorts of unnecessary costumes and BS when they open I expect the home venues to continue and further hurt the pool rooms.
I will not be wearing gloves or a mask anywhere unless it is required by the establishment AND I absolutely need to go there (doctor's office). It's my choice. I won't tell any idiots to take off their masks as long as the idiots don't tell me to wear one. If they don't like it, they can continue hiding in their safe spaces.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what caused me to panic was the loaded refrigerator trucks outside the hospital in Queens and all the sacks being stacked in there. They were out of body bags because of the run so they used Glad extra force trash bags, doubled up. Actually, what bothered me more was the truck said "Tyson Fresh Meat". You know, shortages. Anyway, I went back to my room at the Trump, my heart racing, and turned on FOX News (our channel at the hotel) to see that everything was just fine that the politicians had it under control. I cancelled my mask and hand sanitizer order the "experts" recommended because they apparently are for liberal cowards now. I discovered I'm fine since I'm not in a risk group and I'm MAGA. I can shed all I want, just won't die from it.

Play some cheap 9 ball partner?

Hey, I’m also at the Trump tower. Let’s play some 8 ball:eek:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will you wear a mask to protect others? How about doing so to not scare off all the other customers? Is this like a RED and BLUE thing?

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I haven't been checking the threads too regularly and somehow missed it. To answer your question, if I thought my being there, mask or not, put a significant percentage of the population in any real jeopardy I would just stay away. Those with health issues that compromise their ability to fight this virus to the point that it represents a serious health risk should not be out and about to begin with. They are a tiny percentage of the population, they are aware of their elevated risks, and they are the only ones that should be sheltering at home. For me this is definitely not a red/blue thing.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I haven't been checking the threads too regularly and somehow missed it. To answer your question, if I thought my being there, mask or not, put a significant percentage of the population in any real jeopardy I would just stay away. Those with health issues that compromise their ability to fight this virus to the point that it represents a serious health risk should not be out and about to begin with. They are a tiny percentage of the population, they are aware of their elevated risks, and they are the only ones that should be sheltering at home. For me this is definitely not a red/blue thing.

Thank you for the intelligent and reasonable answer, Chris. The mask issue seems to be less of an issue now. Most people seem to be wearing them in our area and honoring the requirements of businesses. It is just an additional precaution. For pool, it could be pretty important to wear a quality mask unless you have been recently tested or have the antibodies.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.... Those with health issues that compromise their ability to fight this virus to the point that it represents a serious health risk should not be out and about to begin with. They are a tiny percentage of the population, they are aware of their elevated risks, and they are the only ones that should be sheltering at home. For me this is definitely not a red/blue thing.

You REALLY need to educate yourself.

0131-statistics-heart-stroke_infographic-newmap-889x1024.jpg

100+ million people with high blood pressure in this country. They are at a higher risk of complications including death.

23+ million people with diabetes in this country. They are at a higher risk too.

These are just 2 risk factors, there are more. But those 2 cover over a third of the population. So if you consider 33% "a tiny percentage of the population", I dont know what to tell you other than to buy a fooking calculator.

They dont know everything this virus can do, and they are learning about it on a daily basis.

Educate yourself and speak facts instead of your opinion.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You REALLY need to educate yourself.

0131-statistics-heart-stroke_infographic-newmap-889x1024.jpg

100+ million people with high blood pressure in this country. They are at a higher risk of complications including death.

23+ million people with diabetes in this country. They are at a higher risk too.

These are just 2 risk factors, there are more. But those 2 cover over a third of the population. So if you consider 33% "a tiny percentage of the population", I dont know what to tell you other than to buy a fooking calculator.

They dont know everything this virus can do, and they are learning about it on a daily basis.

Educate yourself and speak facts instead of your opinion.

Seems to me that it’s good news for pool, Chuck.....
...795,000 people will have a stroke this year....that’s enough to make even Shane nervous...:eek:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact that the drive to the pool hall is equally as dangerous as the virus for healthy people under 65 should speak volumes, but it doesn't. Puppets will be puppets.

For those who may not be aware, AZ has a very active pool community. A dozen or more people have been hosting matches and live streams from their homes from the beginning of the hoax. No one has gotten sick or died. If the halls require all sorts of unnecessary costumes and BS when they open I expect the home venues to continue and further hurt the pool rooms.
I will not be wearing gloves or a mask anywhere unless it is required by the establishment AND I absolutely need to go there (doctor's office). It's my choice. I won't tell any idiots to take off their masks as long as the idiots don't tell me to wear one. If they don't like it, they can continue hiding in their safe spaces.

It is becoming more and more apparent that one size does not fit all, with respect to how covid-19 is impacting different areas.

This could not have been known in early 2020.

What is concerning though: look at defiant position your words show. Shudder to think what would have transpired ,had the virus been as deadly as the worst-case models suggested.

And to compare covid-19 to a car accident is silly. A car accident is a single incident with contained repercussions. A contagious virus could impact 6m people in 180 countries. I mean covid-19 HAS impacted AT LEAST 6m in 180 countries.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with creek town.

Your approach might work in your head, but in the world of contagions spread isn't so easily contained.

Those at risk folk will be exposed if a large % of the population is carrying and contagious. That's why each individual should do his part.