If Pool Rooms/Bars Opened Monday 5/4/2020 , post Covid 19 would you come if.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You REALLY need to educate yourself.

0131-statistics-heart-stroke_infographic-newmap-889x1024.jpg

100+ million people with high blood pressure in this country. They are at a higher risk of complications including death.

23+ million people with diabetes in this country. They are at a higher risk too.

These are just 2 risk factors, there are more. But those 2 cover over a third of the population. So if you consider 33% "a tiny percentage of the population", I dont know what to tell you other than to buy a fooking calculator.

They dont know everything this virus can do, and they are learning about it on a daily basis.

Educate yourself and speak facts instead of your opinion.

If you reread my post a bit more carefully you will see that I said, "Those with health issues that compromise their ability to fight this virus to the point that it represents a serious health risk should not be out and about to begin with." Those for whom there is a serious risk are indeed a tiny portion of the population. I fit into 3 of the groups in your graphic, including the largest one, and yet my doctor has told me I am not at any more elevated risk than the general public if I were to contract the virus. Before insinuating that I have not educated myself on this you may want to make sure the numbers you are touting are actually relevant.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I had read where roughly 25% of the population is considered at risk. For pool, wearing a mask, preferably a medical grade N95 or KN95 or some other fine particle filtered mask, and having hand sanitizer is the combination I think would eliminate most risk for both players.

Surface contact doesn't seem to be a significant form of spread (see link below). Covid-19 is primarily spread through person to person airborne droplets talking, laughing, coughing, sneezing, so the masks help protect both ways.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...ronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/transmission.html