Stacked leather wrap

Dchouinard

Registered
I just bought a predator roadline for my wife with a stacked leather wrap. She likes the luxe wrap on my sp2 butt and she does not like Irish linen wrap on my McDermott so i took a chance on the stacked leather wrap. I have never shot with one; I however was wondering what you all think of stacked leather compared to other wraps

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a predator roadline for my wife with a stacked leather wrap. She likes the luxe wrap on my sp2 butt and she does not like Irish linen wrap on my McDermott so i took a chance on the stacked leather wrap. I have never shot with one; I however was wondering what you all think of stacked leather compared to other wraps
I haven’t felt or played with one, but I’m sure they are very nice. For most players buying a cue in that price range, I’m guessing it just isn’t worth the extra $150.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I think it's amazing. I had mine for 10 years and it could be resealed by Tiger to look like new. It plays like a wrapless cue but absorbs some hand moisture and properly applied is much more durable than leather or linen. They usually start of with a finish with some tack and break in. Give it a month or so and it will be prime. You can always get it re-sealed if you like the tacky feel. The whole thing is the application - no problems if done right.

Last edited:

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love that smooth dry linen feel..nothing better . In my opinion I've had stacked grips I liked and ones I didnt. Not sure why the difference..but they aren't all the same. Linen is easy to manipulate to make soft and slick or rough and grippy