Eden stolen_reward

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI Guys,

I hope everyone is well. I have beeen away for quite sometime.

We moved last year, downsizing. Sometime in May -June of 2019, Bob Manzino- EDEN was stolen from my home in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. For all intents and purposes, Jacksonville. The sheriff's Department came to my home, a report filed as one officer laughed when I told him the cue was over $20K. I produced an e mail offer I declined for $19K. He the looked up another Manzino worth twice that and their tone sobered up. However, the detective assigned to my case was a deadbeat and did nothing. I called the sheriff and nothing happened. IOW, they could care less.

The cue was upstairs in my daughters bedroom, in a case, 3 shafts and new/unhit. I will pay $5,000 to someone who furnishes information that leads to the return of the complete cue to me. We had workmen, and movers in the house. Two contract employees of empire took out many rolls from thee pool room upstairs. I do not think the thief or thieves knew what they sole as it is so well known.
My cell is 904-612-5258, e mail phildade@phildade.com
thanks,
Phil Dade

Attachments

• 841C7F19-F7DC-45C7-AF24-7FB66B500379.jpg
    841C7F19-F7DC-45C7-AF24-7FB66B500379.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 974
  • 6A693329-401A-416A-BE0B-09F530B3EF81.jpg
    6A693329-401A-416A-BE0B-09F530B3EF81.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 967
  • 7F5336A0-7297-4DEB-BC77-B594823DA18A_1_105_c.jpeg
    7F5336A0-7297-4DEB-BC77-B594823DA18A_1_105_c.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 978

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good luck, Phil...that one will be hard to hide.
I feel your pain...in ‘95 they took a window outta my truck...cost me a Szamboti...
...not nearly as identifiable as yours...whoever it was knew nothing about cues...
..they left 7 expensive Josses and took a bundle of sneaky petes also.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all feel your pain- hope you somehow recover the cue! My gosh though- workers and movers in your home and you leave a $20,000 cue out in the open, even if in a case? I would urge anyone with expensive collectible items to invest in home alarms, cameras inside and out, as well as a safe. Of course all three should be IN USE at all times. You can bolt safes to walls inside closets and in basements- and install working cameras in rooms and areas where valuables are stored. I will keep an eye out- hard to imagine this cue can be sold for even close to its value without someone in our cue community knowing about it- unless it goes overseas.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Wow what a beauty! I would post it on Facebook on some of the billiards sites. $5,000 is a great award.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to say it Phil but my first instinct says it is in Asia.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I hate to say it Phil but my first instinct says it is in Asia.

That would be a crazy risk with the foreign ivory laws as well with travel out of country.

So sickening to see something stolen like that.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
whoever heisted it may not of known what it is, however, i think whoever has it now does or it would have surfaced .

hope it finds its way home

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
gorgeous cue Phil.

I hate thieves!!! :angry:

hope it finds its way home.
I would contact all pawns within a hundred miles.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Send a picture to as many poolrooms as you can offering the reward. Sorry to hear this. That hurts. Anything not screwed down disappears.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Phil
Sorry such a beautiful cue was stolen from you.
I hope you get it back
Nice to know you are doing well
Stay safe
Larry

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the comments

thanks for all the comments. Yes I know it is stupid to leave something like that out. I was pretty sure it was going to be sold so I carefully inspected it. I know all the workmen who were in our home very well and they have worked for me for years. Exceept the carpet layers from Empire Carpet. My realtor is a friend and was with every prospective buyer. All information was given to St Johns Country Sheriffs Office. They did nothing.

I do believe whoever stole it did not realize what it was or is. The sheriff should have contacted the pawn shops right after I met with them. My bet is they did not.

Keep you eyes peeled if you are in North East FL
Thanks guys

Phil

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
thanks for all the comments. Yes I know it is stupid to leave something like that out. I was pretty sure it was going to be sold so I carefully inspected it. I know all the workmen who were in our home very well and they have worked for me for years. Exceept the carpet layers from Empire Carpet. My realtor is a friend and was with every prospective buyer. All information was given to St Johns Country Sheriffs Office. They did nothing.

I do believe whoever stole it did not realize what it was or is. The sheriff should have contacted the pawn shops right after I met with them. My bet is they did not.

Keep you eyes peeled if you are in North East FL
Thanks guys

Phil

Problem with some Sheriff Department they can only do reactive policing. I know in some States, the pawn broker are required if they take on pawn, or buy any item with a serial number. A report has to go to local law enforcement agency for feed back before they sell. Think it's 10 day, and then they can sell.

Pool Cues do not have serial numbers, and to the Cops it another property crime, and home owner is insured. Resources are spent working on murders, rape, violent crimes. Not chasing collectable, and other property.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be worth yout time to take a few pics to local bars that host league nights. I would almost bet that someone is going to want to "show off" his fancy new cue. A cue like that will be easy for folks to remember.

Just imagine. A couple SL 3's playing and one of then using this cue!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If I am reading this correctly, it was a year ago.

From an investigative standpoint you start with who had access.
Figure out who Empire sent that day and run crim histories on them, even put them on the box and see if the show deception.

With the value of the cue it should be a felony and your list starts to get smaller for the people who don't want to cooperate.

In addition, the reward you offered is a lot to a guy from 588-2300 Empire, and could very well turn up something someone saw.