Cuetec SVB Gen One

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious if anyone has tried the SVB complete cue from Cuetec. According to them, it's is what Shane uses with his preferred butt diameter and balance point.

While it's debatable whether that matches everyone's preferences, it can't be bad. It's the first case that I'm aware when you can buy the exact cue used by a top pro. Has anyone played with it and what did you think?

Julian

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious if anyone has tried the SVB complete cue from Cuetec. According to them, it's is what Shane uses with his preferred butt diameter and balance point.

While it's debatable whether that matches everyone's preferences, it can't be bad. It's the first case that I'm aware when you can buy the exact cue used by a top pro. Has anyone played with it and what did you think?

Julian
A guy at the 'hall got one. Plays really well. 'Bout all i can say. Nice cue and seems like a lot of cue for the $$. Shaft hits real good.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember to keep the extension on full time.

Current player is the r360 which was SVB and Earl's cue before CF. Love shooting with that extension on.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember to keep the extension on full time.

Current player is the r360 which was SVB and Earl's cue before CF. Love shooting with that extension on.
IIRC Earl used a different shaft on his. He used a REALLY long taper shaft. Earl and CT parted ways in '07. Don't think the 360 came out til around 2010 iirc.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
A guy at the 'hall got one. Plays really well. 'Bout all i can say. Nice cue and seems like a lot of cue for the $$. Shaft hits real good.

I used to play with one. They are rear balanced. If you like a cue any heavier than 19oz with a forward balance, you probably won't like it. Otherwise quite solid players. A lot of cue for the money.

RacerX750

Registered
Weight of Cynergy SVB Gen One

I'm also interested in this cue. My current cue is rear weighted and I would like to know what weight Shane's is including the extension.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one a little more than 2 months ago and like it a lot. I previously shot with an r360 and liked that a lot too, but I shot so much with it that the shaft was kind of worn.

The CF shaft feels great. You have to maintain the tip a bit more though. I've noticed if I don't tap it and shape it that I miscue more than with the r360. I've been shooting with the extension on as I did with the r360 and like the added weight. I think the cue with the extension weighs around 23 ounces.

Modsat

Registered
I've got one. I really like it. To be fair, I'm not a good enough player to really be a reliable source. It's my first high end cue. TBH I got it because I wanted a modern looking cue and was curious about the carbon cues. While the REVO costs just about the tip of a fighter jet, this cue was affordable and I liked the look (got the black/white one same as Shane). Compared to my old mid-tier cue, this is great. Might just be the fact that the carbon is smoooooooth as hell. For what it is worth I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I do not use the extension all the time like Shane. I like the weight and balance of the cue as is, but the extension absolutely works and feels well. I'm super happy with it and will not be switching in the foreseeable future:).

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The extension is very nice but at 4.5 oz. A little to heavy but it could be changed to a lighter one.

baalpeteor

You can buy shoes like the ones Michael Jordon (sp?) wears....but...
It will take your game up a level, especially in maneuverability if you never had shoes at all... Or really worn out, warped shoes with the rubber coming off. Also the confidence to know it's not the equipment it's you.

Thank me later pwd72

baalpeteor

Weight of Cynergy SVB Gen One

I'm also interested in this cue. My current cue is rear weighted and I would like to know what weight Shane's is including the extension.
Best guess is he has the 19 oz with cuetec extension, which all have specs online. At the least maybe he took the bolt out and it's 18 oz. Today he seems to use the smart extension. I use their more expensive duo which is 2 in one (for short or longer extension). I only use the long piece and not the short as it's too long for the pool hall I'm at (can't make any shots from 2 sides of the table without jacking up above the wall bar rail due to being so close to the wall).

Best money I ever spent. I have the entire Ghost edition line: Breach, Propel, and SVB Gen One (Playing Cue). I use the same tip as SVB, and love it. It's my first medium tip, as I come from Kamui S(or SS) and elkmasters.
They look really good together, and matching. But more important, the confidence you gain in having a cue you've seen win countless US and world titles is priceless.

Balance point is perfect, and it stays smooth like new because I clean all three cues everyday after shooting with cleaning wipes. I also Willard's as well as burnish the playing cue tip daily, so it's very consistent in play. I see most people in AZB don't clean their cue at all lol. I q-wiz'd my friends maple breaker and player the other day and what a difference. Had all kinds of chips dents and blue chalk stuck on it, was so rough stroking it even with a glove, and his tip was flat but I didn't change the tip as he may be used to playing that way. Now in his words it's like new.

Maybe I can give a clinic on cue maintenance and it's importance. I plan to make a sign for the pool hall and when people want their shaft (either house cue or their own) fixed up they can come to my table and get it done free using a simple tweeten repair kit. Slicked, shaped, new tip (in 5 mins), etc. It's a dive bar place and needs it lol. I just love the fact of everyone playing at a higher level. It makes for better competition.

The second clinic would be break shots with a house cue. Most people at my hall break is so weak, looks like they playing one-pocket or something. But they don't know what that even is lol.

But back to the SVB cue, I wouldn't change if I could. I originally was thinking Meucci, the gambler stick with the playing cards and dice inlays with the CF Meucci shaft with same matching inlays, but glad I didn't. Not just because Meucci quality has gone way down, but it would be hard to get a full set. Their jump sticks aren't known to be top tier by anyone, nor break sticks. So I would have a mixed set, prob half predator. I would want the breaker and jump stick to match the gambler player and that's not possible without paying Bob an arm and a leg I'm sure. The Meucci player alone would be close to $2k for one stick. I got all 3 Cuetec's for right under $2k not including cuetec glove ($25ish), extension ($125ish), and soon bag ($275). A great bargain for a stick we all know has won multiple international titles.