Lessons from a pro?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So have any of you taken lessons from a pro player, and if so, did it help your game? Also, who was it if you don't mind saying.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've taken lessons from Stan Shuffett and Stevie Moore. Both are excellent instructors and helped my game.

Chops02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i haven't, but a buddy of mine took some from charlie williams and his game jumped about a ball afterwards. i think it's more about which pro you take lessons from as opposed to just taking them from a pro. not every pro player is a quality instructor. everyone i've talked to, though, has said that mark wilson is one of if not the best instructor they've worked with. i never worked with him, but i did have the privilege of shooting some snooker with him when he came to our pool hall to do a pool school one weekend. awesome guy with a monstrous wealth of knowledge about the game.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Being involved in the industry has awarded me the opportunity to bang balls with the best. It's always fun because I am able to subconsciously adapt to the situation & play well above my typical level, probably as much as they adapt & stoop to my level! Either way, it's always a learning experience & it always reassures me that I am capable of playing a solid game if I want to. Not formal lessons, but often times cheap action for dinner or booz. If I had to choose between cheap action with a pro, and lessons from a pro, I'd always go for the action. They're players, not teachers, and just being on the table with them is enlightening. For lessons, RandyG and the Pool School are tough to beat. I have seen the end product & it's legit. They really do help players. That said, I know one guy who got lessons from Max Eberly & his game is very strong.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So have any of you taken lessons from a pro player, and if so, did it help your game? Also, who was it if you don't mind saying.

Yes
Yes
Ray Martin
Jim Rempe
Grady Mathews
A road player
Hal Houle-Not pro but helped as much or more than the pro lessons.

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
I did the deal with archer and Strickland a few years ago. Did it help? Yea but do me it was more about hanging out with them imo

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a lesson with Darren Appleton, before that lesson I made a 8 or 9 ball break&run one or two times in a month, now, after 3 months from that lesson I made a 8 or 9 ball break&run each evening. Darren improved my game A LOT.