My Pechauer problem...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Pechauer addiction/problem...

So I have hit pretty much every production cue available (along with several customs), and Pechauers with the pro joint are by a wide margin my favorite hitting cues. They don't make me pot any more balls, but the hit,feedback, balance, etc., it just feels perfect to me. So, I bought one, and then another, and another, and another...will it ever end?

I started out with a wrapless crown jewel, then an early 90's cue and had it rewrapped and refinished, next a kind of rare jump/break, up to my latest addition, the decade 2 cue. The feel of all of these cues is very consistent (with the same tip), and the folks at Pechauer are some of the best at customer service I have come across...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My only issue is that the Pechauer Extension is not compatible with the cue from the early '90's, as the butt plate is a good deal longer and the threads don't engage wnough to hold it on securely.

picture.php

Has anyone ever tried a mid cue extension with a Pechauer? Does it change the way the cue feels/hits? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Has anyone ever tried a mid cue extension with a Pechauer? Does it change the way the cue feels/hits? Thanks for the help.

Yes, balance-rite, and yes it does. One of the custom ones might be better, IDK as I havent tried a nicer one.

Have you contacted Pechauer to see if they have any type of retrofit adapters or anything for the carbon fiber extension to be used on their older cues?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Great hitting Pechauer

I have a really nice Pechauer that it the first Ivory Jointed Cue he ever made.
It was made for Frank Tullos and there is story behind the cue. Frank liked the design
so well he used that design and had rings made in that design but he changed the joint
to the piloted joint. He told me one time he thought my cue hit better. It has more positive
feedback than a lot of the cues I've played with but I've gone LD and found affordable
Jacoby Hybrid shafts for my South East. I don't intend on trading that cue ever so its going
to be my player for good no matter what kind of shafts I use.

The Pechauer Cues I've played with hit great and I've been told the smaller metal joint hits the best of the
metal joints they use. I no longer play with the FT Pechauer and would like to sell it.
I have 5 Ivory tipped shafts 12.50, 12.75 Pro Taper and the rest 13mm barely hit some of them stock shafts.
I have it stored in nice Whitten Case that I will also unload if someone takes it all.

Last edited:

cleitonrocha

Administrador
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with Pechauer Custom cue for 10 years now...

it is by far THE BEST CUE I EVER played with...

LOVE IT

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 2 Pech's. One is a DEC1 with leather and the other is a wrapless. The DEC will never be used. It is a wall queen. It has been said the Pech's have the best finish in the industry.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a total of one Pechauer. It is my break cue. Great shaft.

But I am transitioning to a Joss for my break cue currently. Lighter, softer tip, I break better with it.

I don't know what I will do with the Pechauer. I might sell it, or I might give it to my protégé for a break cue.

As for the extension, contact Pechauer first for a solution before moving on to something else.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've also read on another thread here that Pechauer cues were the worst hitting cues...someone even ventured to say that Joe should not be making cues because they played so bad.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've also read on another thread here that Pechauer cues were the worst hitting cues...someone even ventured to say that Joe should not be making cues because they played so bad.

I remember that thread. I can't fathom, but I guess it's possible a lemon got out, or maybe that particular cue had gremlins. Everyone I have let hit with mine came away impressed.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Everyone is entitled to be wrong.......😆
I love them !

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I remember that thread. I can't fathom, but I guess it's possible a lemon got out, or maybe that particular cue had gremlins. Everyone I have let hit with mine came away impressed.

Maybe the lemon was holding the cue! Couldn't make a ball and blames the cue. It's not the arrow but the archer. :p

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer

What model is the one on the far right? It has some old school style to it. I like it. Would you care to share how much it cost from Pechauer? Thanks.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What model is the one on the far right? It has some old school style to it. I like it. Would you care to share how much it cost from Pechauer? Thanks.

Thanks. That is exactly why I wanted it...That is from a special series called their "decade" series. Where they create a cute with characteristics common in each of the 5 decades they have been making cues. (I could totally be wrong, but I think that's what I read)

This particular Cue ...is the decade 2 cue... They can still be found a few places. Cheapcues.com had a couple in stock for $855 I believe...

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. That is exactly why I wanted it...That is from a special series called their "decade" series. Where they create a cute with characteristics common in each of the 5 decades they have been making cues. (I could totally be wrong, but I think that's what I read)

This particular Cue ...is the decade 2 cue... They can still be found a few places. Cheapcues.com had a couple in stock for $855 I believe...

Bought mine from Cheapcues a few months ago, it sounded like he had a few. Beautiful cue, love the hit.

I still suck, but I suck with a nice cue.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought mine from Cheapcues a few months ago, it sounded like he had a few. Beautiful cue, love the hit.

I still suck, but I suck with a nice cue.

I got the 11.5 pro lite shaft, it will be a couple weeks before it is completed. I am currently using the 12.5 pro shaft on it. I am curious to compare the two, but so far I like the cue with the 12.5...

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the 11.5 pro lite shaft, it will be a couple weeks before it is completed. I am currently using the 12.5 pro shaft on it. I am curious to compare the two, but so far I like the cue with the 12.5...

Post up when you've played some with the new shaft, I'd be curious to hear your take.