Passing of Marcel (cyberrot), an azb member from Singapore

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear all,

It is with great shock and sadness to let the azb community know that one of us has passed on yesterday night.

For those of us who knew Marcel aka cyberrot, his passing was too sudden and unexpected. He keeps a low profile here but he was one of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable cue collectors in SG, and was always up for long conversations about cues.

Please join me to raise a glass in honor of Marcel. A dear friend to some of us, and a great loss to the pool community.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well this is sad news and quite unexpected. I hate to hear about this. He will be missed in the pool community.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
:frown:
I'm sorry for the news.
ML was one of my first clients .
He was always supportive.
We had plans one time to meet-up but we just did not find the right time .
He loved curly woods.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Marcel was my best pool mate from AzB, I am still in shock. we chat regularly and he got a new job which would allow him to go to Vietnam more often. I took him around on my scooter whenever he was here, he loved the feeling of being a native tourist.

He loved pool, soccer, good food and coffee.

My family will miss him...

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
My deepest condolences on his passing. Marcel always seemed like a really swell guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and family 🙏🏼

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this. Total gentleman in the few transactions we had over the years with a love for cues.

Dear all,

It is with great shock and sadness to let the azb community know that one of us has passed on yesterday night.

For those of us who knew Marcel aka cyberrot, his passing was too sudden and unexpected. He keeps a low profile here but he was one of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable cue collectors in SG, and was always up for long conversations about cues.

Please join me to raise a glass in honor of Marcel. A dear friend to some of us, and a great loss to the pool community.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
He’s helped many a ‘new’ cuemaker in his day, often taking the plunge to order a cue from relatively unknown cuemakers. I think many in SG owe him for having the benefit of trying out his cues before ordering one of their own. Behind the scenes, he has always been very supportive of the cuemakers he strongly believed in and helping to share his knowledge and his passion amongst the pool community here. He never lost his zeal even after all these years. The community here in SG has lost a stalwart and I have lost a dear friend. RIP

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I didn't know Marcel but it is clear from just the few responses thus far in this thread that he was a great guy.

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

RIP, Sir.

best,
brian kc

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Sorry for the sad news of Marcel it is a loss for the whole Pool community.
RIP and condolences to all friends and family.