Meucci Cues

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are Meucci cues still a quality cue nowadays? I remember back in the day that Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, and I believe Jim Rempe played with a Meucci cue.

Anybody have any thoughts on Meucci cues these days?

r/DCP

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are Meucci cues still a quality cue nowadays? I remember back in the day that Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, and I believe Jim Rempe played with a Meucci cue.

r/DCP

I own 5 of them with THE PRO shaft. Love them. You will
get a lot of bashers 1/2 of who never owned one. I love them
with the pro shaft

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

r/DCP

if you did a search using the words meucci and quality you'd have a good idea.

my take is that meucci original were great quality cues that played real nice. When the cursive scripts Meuccis came on the scene it seems the quality slipped and kept slipping for years and it got to the point that the only thing worse than their quality was their awful customer service.

They may have made some recent progress addressing these problems but having been snakebit a few times myself, they'll never get another nickel of mine.

Too many great companies out there for production cues, imo, to buy a Meucci unless it's a used Originals model.

not a basher, just sharing my opinion after first hand disappointments.

best,
brian kc

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think some of the issues they had is when Bob let his daughter and son in law take over for some years, the QC went down. Bob has since then taken over again and the BMC line is some really good quality cues. The pro, ultimate weapon & carbon fiber pro shafts all play really well.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have made more money on Meucci cues than any cue I have ever bought and sold.

Buy them for $50-150, and sell them the next day for $200. Fast and easy. Meucci made a hoppe cue (old one) that I have only seen once in person, but that is probably the only one I would have any interest in.

As noted, quality is poor, and the horror stories are enough to not even consider them.

Ken

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
excellent factory cues through the 70's

good factory cues through 89

poor factory cues while manufactured in sledge, Ms (early 90's through ?)

improved factory cues since relocation to Byhalia, Ms( last 10 yrs +-)

i'm not qualified to opine about customer service

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t say anything but good

Owned quite the number of them from 84 to a few days ago.
Great hitting.great company.great product.
That’s my experience across 30 years.
I won’t buy anything but them.
Robert

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Wouldn’t own a new one other to resell personally.

As has been mentioned before buy a mezz, joss, McDermott, or predator or schon.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t own a new one other to resell personally.

As has been mentioned before buy a mezz, joss, McDermott, or predator or schon.
A Mezz is a Bentley and a Muecci is a used Impala. ;) Meucci is making some good shafts but i wouldn't a whole cue. A Mezz is LIGHT yrs better.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Meucci Originals were quality made cue that played very good. I still have 2 from the first brochure that I might keep until I die.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci Originals were quality made cue that played very good. I still have 2 from the first brochure that I might keep until I die.
Totally agree. Great playin cues. I bought one from Buddy in '79-'80ish when he was pimpin' them. Wish i kept it. Plain BH-1 and it plaid nice.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci is hit and miss. Most cue makers have little love for Meucci these days. The latest Meucci products I've seen personally have all had fairly obvious flaws, shafts not face off right etc. Considering their asking price it's hard to understand why players today would consider Meucci, Joss and Mezz makes vastly better cues and they cost less imo.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Totally agree. Great playin cues. I bought one from Buddy in '79-'80ish when he was pimpin' them. Wish i kept it. Plain BH-1 and it plaid nice.

Yep. Love my early ‘80’s JR-3. Paired it with a 314 shaft awhile back and it still plays phenomenal.

It’s enjoying a well deserved retirement these days, but it’s not for sale at any price.

I do agree, there are better production options out there today though...

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci is hit and miss. Most cue makers have little love for Meucci these days. The latest Meucci products I've seen personally have all had fairly obvious flaws, shafts not face off right etc. Considering their asking price it's hard to understand why players today would consider Meucci, Joss and Mezz makes vastly better cues and they cost less imo.

I bought a new Meucci in about 1985 and it warped with in a year.
I would put my new Schmelke (non Jack pot) up against any current Meucci for fit finish and overall quality.
And the Schmelke was $230.00