Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Scott Frost vs Ronnie Allen in his prime
Page 8 of 34 « First 678 91018 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#106)
OLD NO 9
AzB Gold Member
OLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond reputeOLD NO 9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-08-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX View Post
Haven't you guy's figured out Mr. 3??'s plan yet ?..He loves to make totally irrational, assanine claims !
Then when everybody comes down on him, he'll go into his pout, then come out screaming obscenities at ME ! ..That has been his main focus, for 5 yrs. now !..Its good to know, that he will eventually run out of people, who will even bother trying to correct him ?

SJD

PS..Its kinda my fault though..He knows he'll always have me, to set him straight !
Ok, I see your point. I give up,

One question though SJD, wouldn't you feel like a complete fool if you were to go to a 3c billiard site and argue with Sang Lee, (ya I know he is no longer with us, just sayin)

“It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan

Old
  (#107)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-08-2015, 03:42 PM

I've seen Scott play a number of times and Ronnie just a couple and I honestly couldn't say who would prevail. Scott runs big numbers and is an incredible shot maker. Ronnie would look at a trap he was in and shoot a shot that would carom, combo, and tickie ALL the furniture to his side of the table. He could also run balls like water.

As a side note, there are only three guys that, IMO, should be mentioned in this conversation: Efren, Scott, and Ronnie. Those three gentlemen are legends that played everyone everywhere. Until a few years ago, when Freddy started banging the drum, no one outside of the Windy City knew about Artie other than he was super tough on his home track.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#108)
GoldenFlash
Banned
GoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Mr. Flash....Not doubting your word, but RA getting 9/6 from Squirrel sounds very, VERY strange, unless something 'funny' was going on ?..Even if it were, they would not have needed to match up THAT lopsided to create action !..I recall RA challenging ANYONE in the room to play 1P, at all the Jansco tournaments. (from '64 on)..In fact, he offered most of them at least 9/8 !...(Mr.Squirrel was there, for every one of them ???)
SJD
PS..Not saying RA always won..but NOBODY 'steamrollered' him, playing even 1P in those years !
As usual, YOU have the reeeeeeeeeal story. Man, what a grouchy troublemaker you are.
You were not even there.
You did not see the match.
Weenie Beanie did, Joey Spades did, that guy New York Blackie did, Danny Jones did, and YOU pipe up and say it's BS and maybe some "funny" was going on.
Those backers over there with Allen and Squirrel during that match were not people to fool around with.....I don't see how any business could've made the gate.
Take your "rolleyes" icon and put it back in your empty pockets.
The Squirrel broke him.

Old
  (#109)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Here's another account of his not so good a memory, or something else!

I recall RA challenging ANYONE in the room to play 1P, at all the Jansco tournaments. (from '64 on)..

I was there with Freddy and others from Chicago the last 4 years! I can tell you this, the SJD bird was NOWHERE to be found the last 4 years!

Flash. you have to understand, he has VERY good, 'Selective memory!'

Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-08-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Old
  (#110)
BelleBelle
AzB Silver Member
BelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond reputeBelleBelle has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 04:54 PM

When the derby city Classic was at the executive west, my buddy asked Ronnie "how would you have matched of with Efren, in your prime". Ronnie said I would need 9-7. I was right there when he said it. There was no reason for Ronnie to not tell us what he really thought.

Old
  (#111)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-08-2015, 04:59 PM

But...your 'beat' is out gambling, not outplaying, at least not without a handicap at +25%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
The post I replied to was providing info on RA's game in relation to how he played Red! All I did, was to relate how Red and Artie played in which Artie won easily as so did RA. And if RA could have gotten staked they would of played for BIG$!

About Scott and RA, I haven't seen RA or Scott play enough to make an informative decision to whom was or is the BEST!

I can ONLY speak for what I have seen with MY OWN eyes from a player I regarded as MANY people do, as good, if not better than the MORE popular players of the same era!

When you watch a player, such as Artie destroy TOP players, time and time again and have the 'Highest Winning Percentage' of 98% of the players it's hard to believe he couldn't beat anyone, including RA and Bugs, which He beat always!

Once again, MY opinion, which I've based on wagering MANY, MANY times on Artie's one pocket game in the past!

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#112)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
But...your 'beat' is out gambling, not outplaying, at least not without a handicap at +25%.
Black; the 'Outplaying' ALWAYS comes in at towards the end of a score!

That's 'Hustling 401!'

P.S. Your math is a little off with the 25%, you're forgetting about the worth of the BREAK!

Old
  (#113)
SJDinPHX
AzB Silver Member
SJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD NO 9 View Post
Ok, I see your point. I give up,

One question though SJD, wouldn't you feel like a complete fool if you were to go to a 3c billiard site and argue with Sang Lee, (ya I know he is no longer with us, just sayin)
Yes, I most certainly would..Some people just have NO common sense, or shame !

LATE EDIT; Here comes another one now. I knew we could count on his 'TOW' soon ! (Touch of Wisdom)

SJD--Will work for Yukon Jack !

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 02-08-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Efren had some "tools" he was unfamiliar with. Efren averages 27.......
Old
  (#114)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Arrow Efren had some "tools" he was unfamiliar with. Efren averages 27....... - 02-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBelle View Post
When the derby city Classic was at the executive west, my buddy asked Ronnie "how would you have matched of with Efren, in your prime". Ronnie said I would need 9-7. I was right there when he said it. There was no reason for Ronnie to not tell us what he really thought.
I agree with Ronnie, he knew Efren had some "tools" he was unfamiliar with. Efren averages 27, playing one cushion billiards......imagine what that enables him to do playing one-pocket.

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - Private Membership Site is www.masteringpocketbilliards.com - For DVDs and Blogs www.cjwiley.com

Old
  (#115)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 06:03 PM

=============

Last edited by itsfroze; 04-20-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Old
  (#116)
SJDinPHX
AzB Silver Member
SJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-08-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
Here's another account of his not so good a memory, or something else!

I recall RA challenging ANYONE in the room to play 1P, at all the Jansco tournaments. (from '64 on)..

I was there with Freddy and others from Chicago the last 4 years! I can tell you this, the SJD bird was NOWHERE to be found the last 4 years!

Flash. you have to understand, he has VERY good, 'Selective memory!'
Theres another wager you would lose, big time !..In fact I played both Cokes and Kelly, the only year I entered the 1P tournament at the Stardust !..And another 'different' year..I played Tacoma Whitey in the back room for several days. Get up some $$$$, and I'll prove it to you ! ...Don't you ever retain ANYTHING you read ?..

I see you lunged at the prospect, of maybe finally having "ONE" new ally ! (G.Flash)...He must be forgetting, he was the one who brought up the possibility of "funny business" in his post # 104 ..Like I said..Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong ? (sorry Flash )

SJD---WGEOS="Worlds Greatest Exposer of Stupidity"!

SJD--Will work for Yukon Jack !

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 02-08-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Old
  (#117)
number13cfan
Banned
number13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond reputenumber13cfan has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Theres another wager you would lose, big time !..In fact I played both Cokes and Kelly, the only year I entered the 1P tournament at the Stardust !..And another 'different' year..I played Tacoma Whitey in the back room for several days. Get up some $$$$, and I'll prove it to you ! ...Don't you ever retain ANYTHING you read ?..

I see you lunged at the prospect, of maybe finally having "ONE" new ally ! (G.Flash)...He must be forgetting, he was the one who brought up the possibility of "funny business" in his post #104 ! ..Like I said..Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong ? (sorry Flash )

ah Hah, I see!

Last edited by number13cfan; 02-08-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Old
  (#118)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBelle View Post
let me start this discussion before i might get flamed...
i think efren is the greatest pool player ever....
pick your game
him(ronnie) saying he needed 9/7 in his prime you must realize he might have been fishing for
a game
with efren...
just sayin

Last edited by bbb; 02-08-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Old
  (#119)
mr3cushion
Regestered User

02-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:

I see you lunged at the prospect, of maybe finally having "ONE" new ally ! (G.Flash)...He must be forgetting, he was the one who brought up the possibility of "funny business" in his post # 104 ..Like I said..Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong ? (sorry Flash )

I meant at Johnston City, genius! YOU were NOT there the last 4 years, especially when the 'Feds' showed up!

That YOU can empty out on!

Old
  (#120)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2015, 06:41 PM

the thread is about ronnie and scott
so carry on with the threads dicussion

Page 8 of 34 « First 678 91018 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: