Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page CHICAGO - Surge Coffee Bar and Billiards
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
vacation
Living Good.
vacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond reputevacation has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-05-2018, 01:25 PM

Facebook says they open at 7am every day.. Can anyone confirm this is true? If so, if anyone ever wants to do an early morning session on a Saturday or Sunday, message me.

Old
  (#32)
robertod
AzB Silver Member
robertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond repute

01-05-2018, 03:50 PM

This is a remarkable transformation!

I have been to Marie's several times and was always disappointed with the equipment and lighting. Well , they sure took care of those items. Now the room is completely different. Job well done. Good luck to the new owners!

To complete the parking story in Chicago. Mayor Daley who gave away the rights for pennies on the dollar now I believe has a cushy job with the law firm that handled that heist of Chicago taxpayers. And he hardly has been scene since he left office.

But that is the Chicago way

Old
  (#33)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-05-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertod View Post
This is a remarkable transformation!

I have been to Marie's several times and was always disappointed with the equipment and lighting. Well , they sure took care of those items. Now the room is completely different. Job well done. Good luck to the new owners!

To complete the parking story in Chicago. Mayor Daley who gave away the rights for pennies on the dollar now I believe has a cushy job with the law firm that handled that heist of Chicago taxpayers. And he hardly has been scene since he left office.

But that is the Chicago way
Yes, yes he did sell out the city and take the job after he left office. It's the Chicago Way.

Was a party a few years back where Mr. Daley was in attendance. Yes, I was most likely the only conservative in the building for this party, but a friend is a somebody and got me into the party. He could not wait to introduce me to the former Mayor. I refused. He was like, why not? I said, see those two big dudes next to him. He said yeah, they are probably body guards. I said yeah, and it's December and Lake Michigan is pretty fuggin cold. I'll just go the other way

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#34)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yes, yes he did sell out the city and take the job after he left office. It's the Chicago Way.

Was a party a few years back where Mr. Daley was in attendance. Yes, I was most likely the only conservative in the building for this party, but a friend is a somebody and got me into the party. He could not wait to introduce me to the former Mayor. I refused. He was like, why not? I said, see those two big dudes next to him. He said yeah, they are probably body guards. I said yeah, and it's December and Lake Michigan is pretty fuggin cold. I'll just go the other way
Discretion is the better part of valor.

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#35)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-05-2018, 09:25 PM

My oldest son will be making a trip to Surge with his girl friend tomorrow to give me a room report. He plays pool but its not a huge thing with him right now. I will let you know what he thinks. He went bowling tonight and with shoe rental his date and he racked up an $80 dollar tab for approximately one hours worth.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#36)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
My oldest son will be making a trip to Surge with his girl friend tomorrow to give me a room report. He plays pool but its not a huge thing with him right now. I will let you know what he thinks. He went bowling tonight and with shoe rental his date and he racked up an $80 dollar tab for approximately one hours worth.

$80 for one hour. You sure she was a "date"

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#37)
1 Pocket Ghost
AzB Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute

01-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post
You're in Chicago?
Did you know Howard Wilcox?
Yes - and have been playing pool here since playing at the famous Bensinger's Billiard Academy in the late 60's. - where my good old friends, may they RIP, Freddy the Beard, George Fels, and Bugs Rucker would also be playing.

Very surprising that anyone would ask me about Howard Wilcox...yes, I know him well - back around the late 80's we used to gamble playing 3cushion - he was uncommon in the fact that he was a 3cushion player who would bet pretty high, i.e. $200 a game.

- Ghost

Old
  (#38)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

01-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Pocket Ghost View Post
Yes - and have been playing pool here since playing at the famous Bensinger's Billiard Academy in the late 60's. - where my good old friends, may they RIP, Freddy the Beard, George Fels, and Bugs Rucker would also be playing.

Very surprising that anyone would ask me about Howard Wilcox...yes, I know him well - back around the late 80's we used to gamble playing 3cushion - he was uncommon in the fact that he was a 3cushion player who would bet pretty high, i.e. $200 a game.

- Ghost
Sorry for not knowing that you are local
I was friends with Freddy and George as well but never had the privilege of meeting Bugs.

Harold passed away a few years back and his son called me about donating some of his things to the museum, which we are happy to have on display as we speak.

I believe his carom table is still in the basement of their offices. I was also shown a great photo of Harold with Mr. Chrisman back in the day.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mr. Bond; 01-09-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Old
  (#39)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

01-08-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
GC5 rails on GC1 frames, with brunstone slates? Just wondering is all.

Old
  (#40)
HUKIT
F* ks Given...Zero
HUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2018, 01:11 PM

Has anyone been here during the day yet? Trying to get an idea how crowded it is as I'm trying to find a place to meet Scott for a lesson during the week.

We all make choices, but in the end our cocks make us.

Old
  (#41)
gweempose
AzB Bronze Member
gweempose is on a distinguished road

01-28-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKIT View Post
Has anyone been here during the day yet? Trying to get an idea how crowded it is as I'm trying to find a place to meet Scott for a lesson during the week.
I was there last Thursday around 3:00, and it wasn't crowded at all. I'd say maybe five of the tables were being used at most. It's a really nice place, and the tables are pretty much mint. It would be perfect for a lesson.

Old
  (#42)
Threat
AzB Bronze Member
Threat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond reputeThreat has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I was there last Thursday around 3:00, and it wasn't crowded at all. I'd say maybe five of the tables were being used at most. It's a really nice place, and the tables are pretty much mint. It would be perfect for a lesson.
Yeah, if you don't mind paying $13 per hour for their daytime rate While at legendary Chris's Billiards which is 7 minutes away from Surge, you pay a flat $10 for the entire day.

Old
  (#43)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat View Post
Yeah, if you don't mind paying $13 per hour for their daytime rate While at legendary Chris's Billiards which is 7 minutes away from Surge, you pay a flat $10 for the entire day.

For how badass that room looks I am quite sure I would pay more. I am thinkin $20 an hour would be the most I would pay. IMO is the nicest looking room I have seen and I am sure those GC5 tops play great!

Mr. Bond, I will surely be in touch next month when I will be out your way! Thanks

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#44)
Hungarian
AzB Silver Member
Hungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 06:22 AM

Sad news....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=468005

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post

Mr. Bond, I will surely be in touch next month when I will be out your way! Thanks

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#45)
HUKIT
F* ks Given...Zero
HUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat View Post
Is that per person? My local Shooters charges $9 so thats not unreasonable considering the location. Iíll be there tomorrow.

We all make choices, but in the end our cocks make us.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: