Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New pool company, help pick our name!
Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
DennisG
AzB Bronze Member
DennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-09-2019, 04:18 AM

Hill Hill

Logo could be two small sets of pool ball colored numbered scorekeeper balls on a rod with say race to 5 ( or any length race but not too long gets too large) and 4 of the balls pushed over left with 5 ball on right of each rod or 5 ball on the right of left rod and left of right rod putting both final balls in the center. . Another spin off logo could be, in hill hill race to 5 for instance "4-4"

If it was a race to 9 it would have the nine ball at the ends, which has some significance, but again depending on the scale might make it too large or if you make the overall appearance small enough, too hard to see the balls, too small

Last edited by DennisG; 10-09-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Old
  (#47)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisG View Post
Hill Hill

Logo could be two small sets of pool ball colored numbered scorekeeper balls on a rod with say race to 5 ( or any length race but not too long gets too large) and 4 of the balls pushed over left with 5 ball on right of each rod or 5 ball on the right of left rod and left of right rod putting both final balls in the center. . Another spin off logo could be, in hill hill race to 5 for instance "4-4"

If it was a race to 9 it would have the nine ball at the ends, which has some significance, but again depending on the scale might make it too large or if you make the overall appearance small enough, too hard to see the balls, too small
Yeah HILL HILL was on the list. Itís not a bad one. Problem is, if someone is wearing a Hill Hill shirt it doesnt make one feel heís a strong player. For example ďBeastĒ would be more intimidating. Monster is another one but itís a cliche.

Playing Cue: Schon
Shafts: Revo 12.4
Break: Mezz power break II
Jump: Alex Brick
Case: Castillo butterfly
Chalk: Master

Old
  (#48)
FrankieD
AzB Silver Member
FrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieD has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 04:58 AM

Squat the Rock
Stun
Easy Out
2 Ball Run

Old
  (#49)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustardeer View Post
Not bad but not great. Would you fear a stranger with MASSE on his shirt?
I am not going to fear a stranger due to the brand of clothes they are wearing, regardless of the name. LOL

Old
  (#50)
DennisG
AzB Bronze Member
DennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond reputeDennisG has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:04 AM

Hill Hill is more about the excitement of the game of pool, not about the individual player. Wearing the shirt projects your enthusiasm for the game.

Wearing a shirt that projects some type of strength to make the player feel like he is strong doesn't necessarily relate to pool much and in fact can be embarrassing if the player is a hack wearing an "I'm a beast" shirt. :-)

But if that is the route you want to go how about "Great White" with a shark logo. It has the pool "shark" reference and the great white shark is the most deadly of all the sharks

Maybe the shark logo can have 9 balls for eyes(eye)

It could also be appealing to non pool players. If the name and logo is too specific to what only a pool insider would recognize, it will not have a chance with the population at large

Last edited by DennisG; 10-09-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Old
  (#51)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
I am not going to fear a stranger due to the brand of clothes they are wearing, regardless of the name. LOL
I would advise if someone is wearing a Members Only jacket and walking towards you with their hand in the pocket, it MIGHT be a mob hit.

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Lucasi w/ Cynergy
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#52)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-09-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustardeer View Post
If I use it Iíll paypal the winner a cool hundred
Didn't realize this was a big budget marketing operation.

Masse may not strike fear, but how about "masse shooting"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#53)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Didn't realize this was a big budget marketing operation.

Masse may not strike fear, but how about "masse shooting"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Lucasi w/ Cynergy
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#54)
Speedie
AzB Bronze Member
Speedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedie has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BallKY View Post
Jacked Up Billiard Apparel
Foul Play Billiard Apparel
Got Balls Billiard Apparel
Chalk It Up Billiard Apparel
I like the bolded one for the double meaning. I'd remember it for sure.

I've launched and run / sold more online businesses than I care to remember and branded pretty much all of them. One thing that I do during the naming process is tell 10 friends the shortlist of names that I'm thinking of, then call or email them 4 or 5 days later and ask which ones they remember. Look for common recollections between all of them. I read this thread earlier this morning and a couple of hours later "Jacked Up Billiard Apparel" is the only suggestion that I could recall.

Since clothing is often sold "off the rack" and rack is also a pool term, I think it would be good to work that into the name somewhere e.g.:

Rack Attack
The Rack Pack
Rack Tack

Etc etc. It's early and I need more coffee, but you get the idea

Old
  (#55)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:38 AM

You need W8. It won't get better than that right chere...I don't need the Hundo...but I'd love to get a t shirt or two please. And I'll place an order also. I might put UNEEDW8 on my ride here in Tennessee just to rep for you...no charge for that one either. Matt D.

Old
  (#56)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:47 AM

Pattern Rack

Old
  (#57)
Tjteeple
AzB Bronze Member
Tjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond reputeTjteeple has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:52 AM

Playing off of RKC, Backer's Billiard Gear (Backer's Clothing is already a thing)
Carom Clothing, Caroms
Dead Stroke/Dead Nuts
On The Wire Clothing/Gear
Get Out
Ghost Billiards (since the ghost always wins)
Hot Seat
Locked Up/Lockup
Road Warrior/Roadmap
Shimmed
Skunk'd
Spotters
Stake'd
In Line Gear
Swept
Takedown
Wired
X-pack (like running a 4-pack)

Old
  (#58)
deep
OFF THE CHAIN
deep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond reputedeep has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 11000
  Send a message via MSN to deep  
10-09-2019, 05:55 AM

"Bet it all", "Post up" or something else gambling related?

Old
  (#59)
fishless
AzB Silver Member
fishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8218

10-09-2019, 06:34 AM

Bringing Billiards Apparel
Backstroke Apparel
Sure Stroke Apparel
Billiard Life Apparel
Our Game Apparel
Competition Apparel
4 Corners Apparel
For The Record Apparel

Last edited by fishless; 10-09-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Old
  (#60)
nibrobus
AzB Silver Member
nibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Stacks (Staxx, some other stylized spelling)
Dead Money
Easy Money
High Stakes (or just Stakes)
HeavyWeight
Flex
Bankroll
Busted

Last edited by nibrobus; 10-09-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: