Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who taught you the most important thing?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Who taught you the most important thing?
Old
  (#1)
Shooter08
Runde Aficianado
Shooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

Who taught you the most important thing? - 03-18-2015, 09:07 PM

Honor the one who taught you the most valuable thing in pool, or on a more important level something that also pertained to life in addition to pool. I'm curious if there is a six degree of separation factor here. How many of us know someone in common that directly influenced us.

Not
Old
  (#2)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Not - 03-18-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter08 View Post
Honor the one who taught you the most valuable thing in pool, or on a more important level something that also pertained to life in addition to pool. I'm curious if there is a six degree of separation factor here. How many of us know someone in common that directly influenced us.
Not earth shattering but a good tip in Pool. Everyone is always talking about and writing about aiming. I heard Alison Fisher say " aiming is easy you just hit the spot on the object ball that is farthest from the pocket " It just made everything crystal clear, and improved my shot making.

Dad
Old
  (#3)
ga9ball
South West Buyer!

ga9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Dad - 03-18-2015, 09:40 PM

By the time l was around 15 I was able to beat most of the regulars in my Dad's room.
Loved to gamble cheap $5 a rack 9 ball.
My dad would be behind the counter, me on table 1
He would say in Greek so no one would understand " siga siga " = take it easy, because l was always in a hurry to get the $$$$. Take it slow, you will earn more in the end!

Love you Pop, you were the best ever!

AMERICAN CUE PICKERS ON FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/americancuepickers?ref=hl
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1433532830024708
GREG ANTONAKOS
SERIOUS BUYER/COLLECTOR OF SOUTH WEST CUES

Will take South West on consignment
Contact Info:ga9ball@gmail.com

845-489-4122

Great
Old
  (#4)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Great - 03-18-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9ball View Post
By the time l was around 15 I was able to beat most of the regulars in my Dad's room.
He would say in Greek so no one would understand " siga siga " = take it easy, because l was always in a hurry to get the $$$$. Take it slow, you will earn more in the end!

How great is that , playing 9 ball on table one in your Dad's room. Great memory Greg thanks for sharing.

Old
  (#5)
BmoreMoney
AzB Silver Member
BmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:

NONSENSE BRO!!!!!!! Everyone knows the quickest and best way to a BIG SCORE is A few bobbled and hung up nine balls eight there in the pocket reaffirming the guys belief that he IS INFACT STEALING!!!!! ----- As he unscrews shaking his head handing you his last stack and telling anyone who is listening how bad u play, how lucky u are, and of course that he really IS STEALING!!!!! LOL

Old
  (#6)
Rockin' Robin
Mr. Texas Express
Rockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' Robin has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 10:55 PM

U.J. Puckett....or some card player ...I really cannot remember that far back....told me....Gambling is for Suckers.

So, from then on, I had the best of any game.

Old
  (#7)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:

Really neat too hear thanks for sharing I used too rush shots and move my head a tad I'd never really noticed till one night I was hitting balls at small tourney with justin bergman he seen that I had some head movement when shooting sometimes and he told me and I fixed it and I was blow away on how much it helped me too slow down and be still now I don't ever miss lol

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Old
  (#8)
ddadams
Absolutely love this cue.
ddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Really neat too hear thanks for sharing I used too rush shots and move my head a tad I'd never really noticed till one night I was hitting balls at small tourney with justin bergman he seen that I had some head movement when shooting sometimes and he told me and I fixed it and I was blow away on how much it helped me too slow down and be still now I don't ever miss lol

You never miss!??

That's impressive as hell. Congrats on that.

Looking for this CA$H cue. PM me with any information!
http://www.pccues.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=742

Looking to buy an old TAR Sugartree shirt. Several if possible.

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#9)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddadams View Post
You never miss!??

That's impressive as hell. Congrats on that.
Haha I was kidding but I do miss a lot less

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Old
  (#10)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 11:24 PM

I got most valuable lesson from Bert Kinister 60 minute workout.
How to go everywhere without scratching.
Middle of the table is teacher!

Those 3 first tapes changed my game forever.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Who taught you the most important thing?
Old
  (#11)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

Who taught you the most important thing? - 03-19-2015, 01:17 AM

I grew up in my fathers hall & he taught me that the most important thing is repeatability. To have the exact same routine when addressing the ball pre shot, no matter how easy or how difficult, always the same.

It also applies other factors in the game, being able to produce a repeatable stroke, being one & in rotation pool developing a break that is repeatable. Repetition is the key to a great game.

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Last edited by Colonel; 03-19-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Old
  (#12)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?

03-19-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I grew up in my fathers hall & he taught me that the most important thing is repeatability. To have the exact same routine when addressing the ball pre shot, no matter how easy or how difficult, always the same.
Smart man he's right

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

Old
  (#13)
octy81
AzB Silver Member
octy81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 01:31 AM

My dad always says ( Shape don't mean Shit unless you make the Shot )

Old
  (#14)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-19-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
+1

I came into pool from a golf background, and one of the biggest keys to consistency in golf is the preshot routine. I had my preshot routine in golf timed down to be the same within a second and a half every shot. Consistent results come from approaching the situation consistently.

Next time you're watching golf on tv, pay attention. The player will address the shot, and once they know what they're going to do they'll trigger themselves into their preshot routine. My trigger is a tug on my shirt on my right shoulder. That trigger initiates the preshot routine. My preshot routine is between 25 and 27 seconds. Once I tug on my shirt, I'll strike the ball between 25 and 27 seconds later, every shot. It's the same every time. The amount of time it takes to consider the right shot to hit under the conditions varies, but once that is decided it pretty much comes down to an ignition sequence and a countdown to launch.

Why would pool be any different?

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Last edited by Baxter; 03-19-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Old
  (#15)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?

03-19-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy81 View Post
My dad always says ( Shape don't mean Shit unless you make the Shot )
Haha that's true

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: