:)
Silver Member
table

its like trying to compare the AK to the SKS.... two different beasts'

Rob.M

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does a Rassom table play compare to a Diamond?

Comparing the way they take balls into corners? Well, the rasson reminded me of playing on a GC with new cloth and standard pockets......extremely forgiving to balls badly hit.

Don't really remember about banks being long or short. To be honest, the table played so easy, it wasn't necessary to bank balls if you overran position unless you were way off.

I guess I was in stroke cause I don't remember banking even one ball on it the entire time I played on it.

I've said it before. I think it would be a good 14.1 table. It's 9' but plays way easier than a diamond with similar pocket sizes.

Jeff

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comparing the way they take balls into corners? Well, the rasson reminded me of playing on a GC with new cloth and standard pockets......extremely forgiving to balls badly hit.

Don't really remember about banks being long or short. To be honest, the table played so easy, it wasn't necessary to bank balls if you overran position unless you were way off.

I guess I was in stroke cause I don't remember banking even one ball on it the entire time I played on it.

I've said it before. I think it would be a good 14.1 table. It's 9' but plays way easier than a diamond with similar pocket sizes.

Jeff
Just use "Search" function here for RASSON tables. A lot of stuff pops up.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I FINALLY found a place that has a Rasson Table! Backwoods Billiards in Okeechobee, FLA has the new OX model Rasson table. I am headed to the new Punch Bowl Social Miami(not open yet) in January to install their restored Gold Crown 3(9th table in the US for them). I will most definitely be stopping in there to inspect and play on this table. I heard they changed the profile of their rails to fit the Kleber P-59 cushion(another billiard cushion!). I hope its a tournament cut pocket. I will report more after my trip down south!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How does a Rassom table play compare to a Diamond?

Would you like to know which one the rails will last longer on before ever needing to be rebuilt? The Diamond, the design of the rails on the Rasson are the worst I think I've ever seen!!

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have the Victory II plus in the warehouse.
It will be replacing this GC VI as soon as I get done with the bleachers. I look forward to trying it out.
28fe4c8092662c21789fd59b6574f28c.jpg
223288c622083ef4b3bff33fd3324716.jpg
aa5d78478ca4e1f42786152fc958b40f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Why, do you think there's something magical about the way they play? Pocket shelfs are short, so making balls is pretty easy....maybe that's their magic...LOL

I am intrigued by their frame design, levelers and also wanna see their version of phenolic infused veneer rails. I am also interested to see how it banks with the Kleber p59 cushions. Most likely buckets for pockets. I hope they are pro cut.

trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It will be replacing this GC VI as soon as I get done with the bleachers. I look forward to trying it out.
28fe4c8092662c21789fd59b6574f28c.jpg
223288c622083ef4b3bff33fd3324716.jpg
aa5d78478ca4e1f42786152fc958b40f.jpg

Bring your lunch, you're going to get hungry setting it up, actually.....bring dinner too.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

What cushions are on those? Artemis Pool 66? If so, not interested in that table at all until they get versions with the Klematch p59.
Keep us posted though, always nice to hear things from people who have them!!!

Trent from Toledo

P.s Sweet light!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What cushions are on those? Artemis Pool 66? If so, not interested in that table at all until they get versions with the Kleber p59.

Trent from Toledo

You do know those P59 cushion are for playing 3C right?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What cushions are on those? Artemis Pool 66? If so, not interested in that table at all until they get versions with the Klematch p59.

Trent from Toledo

P.s Sweet light!

3C high density cushions have evolved into the cushions they are today for a reason. They're so dense that even if you use a pair of plyers to stretch the cloth over the nose of the cushions and staple it in the stretch pull, it won't dimple the nose of the cushions....why is that? And why do 3C need to be of such high density in their design??

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

P.s Sweet light!
Klematch. Will do. And thanks for the nice comment on the light. I built the light with parts of Amazon
b8591992c9f358cfd4bd8cf6c50d3090.jpg