Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How would you handle this?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How would you handle this?
Old
  (#1)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member
Dusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How would you handle this? - 07-19-2019, 05:32 AM

Ok, so two guys were gambling at the local pool hall last night. They know each other well and gamble often. Player 1 is obviously the better player and is winning easily. Fast forward to the final set. Player 1 is now giving player 2 a considerable amount of weight and it goes hill-hill. Player 2 scratches on the break and the 1-9 combo is lined up pretty nicely. On his way to his seat, player 2 intentionally moves the one ball against the rail, making the combo impossible to even attempt. He says “There’s no rule stating that I cannot do this and it’s just ball in hand.” After some words Player 1 just takes ball in hand and ends up winning the set. This one just rubbed me the wrong way and wanted to hear how some of you would have dealt with something like this. Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusrsan12 View Post
Ok, so two guys were gambling at the local pool hall last night. They know each other well and gamble often. Player 1 is obviously the better player and is winning easily. Fast forward to the final set. Player 1 is now giving player 2 a considerable amount of weight and it goes hill-hill. Player 2 scratches on the break and the 1-9 combo is lined up pretty nicely. On his way to his seat, player 2 intentionally moves the one ball against the rail, making the combo impossible to even attempt. He says “There’s no rule stating that I cannot do this and it’s just ball in hand.” After some words Player 1 just takes ball in hand and ends up winning the set. This one just rubbed me the wrong way and wanted to hear how some of you would have dealt with something like this. Thanks!
So he’s a weak player and even weaker in character. Forget about it. Karma will take care of him.

Old
  (#3)
jimmyco
These go to 11
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 05:46 AM

"They know each other well and gamble often."

I don't know either one or their history.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-19-2019, 05:50 AM

Sounds like it is none of your business, as uninvolved player 3, no?

Quote:

Old
  (#5)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member
Dusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond reputeDusrsan12 has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Sounds like it is none of your business, as uninvolved player 3, no?
You’re totally right! Please forgive me for asking such an out of line question. My apologies.

Old
  (#6)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Player 1 should: A. Put balls back. B. Win the $$$ AND C. Give player 2 a beat-down for bein' a chicken-s^*t nit.

Old
  (#7)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member

07-19-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Player 1 should: A. Put balls back. B. Win the $$$ AND C. Give player 2 a beat-down for bein' a chicken-s^*t nit.
Player 1 is too nice of a guy to do that.

Last edited by Dusrsan12; 07-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Old
  (#8)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

07-19-2019, 06:23 AM

Player 1 has the option of leaving the ball or moving it back where it was … no??

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#9)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member

07-19-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
Player 1 has the option of leaving the ball or moving it back where it was … no??
At the very least!

Old
  (#10)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 06:57 AM

i would consider it a concession and take the money. but it does connect to a similar question some guy asked me, how fouly can an intentional foul be? my response was that it's limited to the cue striking the cue ball

Old
  (#11)
Bic D
AzB Silver Member
Bic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 07:00 AM

I might have played the rack out and won however if I missed, I would have waited until #2 got on the 8-ball and then I would have picked up the 9-ball and moved it to an impossible shot or maybe to another table.

I would have then taken my money told him to quit doing stupid shit.

Old
  (#12)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member

07-19-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
i would consider it a concession and take the money. but it does connect to a similar question some guy asked me, how fouly can an intentional foul be? my response was that it's limited to the cue striking the cue ball
I immediately thought concession as well. It was definitely something that has never come up before. Considering the player I was actually not surprised at all. He’s infamous for things like this.

Old
  (#13)
Swighey
AzB Silver Member
Swighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 07:13 AM

Player 1 gives Player 2 weight but still takes him to the cleaners? Player 1 pulls that stunt and Player 2, albeit clearly disgruntled, continues to beat him. Just leave them to it. Player 1 has a decision to make - either stop playing with this clown, or keep taking his money.

Old
  (#14)
Dusrsan12
AzB Bronze Member

07-19-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic D View Post
I might have played the rack out and won however if I missed, I would have waited until #2 got on the 8-ball and then I would have picked up the 9-ball and moved it to an impossible shot or maybe to another table.

I would have then taken my money told him to quit doing stupid shit.
You sir, you’re a genius! Lol

Old
  (#15)
Swighey
AzB Silver Member
Swighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Considering the player I was actually not surprised at all. He’s infamous for things like this.
Wow, thanks for telling us - that’s new information (to us) that changes everything. Except it doesn’t - although it should because a d1ckh3ad like that should be run out of the place.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: