Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Diamond tables don't seem that great.
Page 11 of 13 « First 91011 1213

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#151)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-15-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
I love watching the local hustlers pick up a random house cue and beating all the revo owners and fellas with jump break sticks and all the fixins out of the tournament
If you know they are hustlers.. and everyone knows them there as good players they arenít really by definition hustlers.. They are just really strong players lol

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#152)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 08:24 AM

the point is it isnt the brand as much as how and who put it together for a table and a cue stick.
some brands are naturally better, and each person has their own preferences.

and as noted new and fun players prefer tables where the balls readily are accepted by the pockets. and to relate it to golf weaker golfers prefer wide open and shorter courses where they have a chance to score better and have more fun.

Old
  (#153)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 08:41 AM

I love my 9' Diamond Paragon.
Plays great.
No plastic in my drop pockets.

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#154)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-15-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
... It took me a long time to understand the 3/4 position joint on many jointed snooker cues. I finally realized they are getting very close to the hit of a one piece cue and it is still a little more portable. ...
Another advantage of the 3/4 joint is that it does not put the joint where it rubs against your chin.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Beard
Old
  (#155)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Beard - 07-15-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Another advantage of the 3/4 joint is that it does not put the joint where it rubs against your chin.

I thought that was what beards were for. Long tough shots I used to sometimes get low enough the cue slid on my beard at the side of my jaw, used the chin sometimes too. That old picture in my avatar is from my horse owners license in 1988.

Maybe we should market a chin and jaw protector made out of the same material as gloves!

Hu

Old
  (#156)
MmmSharp
AzB Bronze Member
MmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond reputeMmmSharp has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 12:43 PM

@shotingarts My beard has made me miscue any number of times. I have had a few cues with very rounded joint collars, which can create a slight gap. I have lost many a beard hair when getting down low on the cue due to it catching and pulled out. I had one cue and shaft that was notorious for it.

To keep this in line with the thread, I even miscued this way on a diamond table. I am sure it was the tables fault too. Diamond should have warning in their manual about possible beard hair hazards.

It is an owie!
Old
  (#157)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

It is an owie! - 07-15-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmSharp View Post
@shotingarts My beard has made me miscue any number of times. I have had a few cues with very rounded joint collars, which can create a slight gap. I have lost many a beard hair when getting down low on the cue due to it catching and pulled out. I had one cue and shaft that was notorious for it.

To keep this in line with the thread, I even miscued this way on a diamond table. I am sure it was the tables fault too. Diamond should have warning in their manual about possible beard hair hazards.

I hate those very rounded joints because they make the joint a much smaller diameter than it first appears to be. Snatching hair is definitely a distraction. I had a house cue snatch a few hairs in a place I was playing. Got my opponent's attention when I brought out a big Puma pocket knife to deal with the issue before my next shot! Nope, didn't shave the beard, shaved the stick.

Hu

Old
  (#158)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-15-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmSharp View Post

What's up with all the low post count, years old posters that just jump in like they've been chatting with old friends for years?
Hmmmm
Troll-o-lol

Old
  (#159)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
If you know they are hustlers.. and everyone knows them there as good players they aren’t really by definition hustlers.. They are just really strong players lol
If a big bully steps up without his cue...what is he doing?

Hustling/ slumming, that's what.

I call it my big ban theory
Old
  (#160)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

I call it my big ban theory - 07-15-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
What's up with all the low post count, years old posters that just jump in like they've been chatting with old friends for years?
Hmmmm
Troll-o-lol

I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that some people created two or three extra accounts when the ban hammer was flying fast and furious. I see people posting with ten year old accounts and less than ten posts.

I was messing around earlier and looked at my "friends". Most are dead or gone, or are they?? Whatever, I don't care.

Hu

Old
  (#161)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

07-15-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Hmmmm
Troll-o-lol
Only two mans nose:
Attached Images

Old
  (#162)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that some people created two or three extra accounts when the ban hammer was flying fast and furious. I see people posting with ten year old accounts and less than ten posts.

I was messing around earlier and looked at my "friends". Most are dead or gone, or are they?? Whatever, I don't care.

Hu

I started this account 5 years ago when I bought my first cue after 25 years of using any stick handed to me (it broke in a week). I'm not a gear head in pool as I don't care about prices or brand, and this forum tends to head that direction.

I suspect most people have other interests they partake in frequently... carpentry, sewing, painting, music, writing (I enjoy all those). If it's not the hobbies, family. I started playing again 2 years ago solely to spend time with my son (he's in his twenties now). At some point, he won't even have time for that :-(, so I'm getting out there with him at any chance.

One thing is for sure, there is a lot of bitter people here caught up in some kind of clique trying to play head games, so it could be very possible (if not probable) that a lot of people have just abandoned this place in favor of Reddit or general point forums across leagues and venues. Being that somehow the billiards reddit isn't a bitter black hole (which is a miracle considering its reddit), that place seems likely to have some conversation you might enjoy.

Old
  (#163)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:

Hu
I know some have multiple accounts for obvious reasons.

I know a few like myself that stop putting vids up because of the smarta55's on here that seem to not be happy unless they can start chit and they usually do so with one of their secret accounts.

Then again, there are a few on here that are old members that joined in 2004 or so and think there above some just because if that and I fell for that chit until I met a few of them. Lol.....couldn't run 3 balls much less what they led folks to believe just because they "sound" knowledgeable.

Anyways, yeah, I hate a keyboard tough guy. Better known in my neck of the woods as a COWARD.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#164)
jimmyco
These go to 11
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
One thing is for sure, there is a lot of bitter people here caught up in some kind of clique trying to play head games...
Some may be bitter 'cuz they play on "cheap" Diamonds, but some may be better.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#165)
ThinSlice
Banned
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Some may be bitter 'cuz they play on "cheap" Diamonds, but some may be better.

People are sheep. They rarely think for themselves. They have been conditioned to be idiots. And they are ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Page 11 of 13 « First 91011 1213

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: